PFT: Lions Debate Dumping Charles Rogers

KingTuna

Reaction score
How about a WR trio of Terry Glenn-Terrell Owens-Charles Rogers??

Air Bledsoe all over the field....Not to mention Witten,Crayton, Barber/Jones out of the backfield...

NICE.....

Would have to get him cheap.

LIONS DEBATE DUMPING ROGERS

The Detroit Lions are seriously considering the possibility of releasing receiver Charles Rogers, we're told. He was the second overall pick in the 2003 draft, and he missed most of his first two seasons due to two separate breaks of a collar bone.

Healthy in 2005, Rogers was suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He reportedly sulked after returning from the suspension, and the team generally has been unhappy with his attitude in the wake of it.

The fact that the team is chasing him for a return of most of his signing bonus might have a little to do with that.

But because Rogers has failed to achieve any of his big-money salary escalators based on playing time and/or statistical performance, his salary is only $757,917 for 2006. So it makes little sense financially to run him out the door.

Also, cutting Rogers after June 1 would push $6.5 million or so of dead money into 2007.

In our view, we don't think that the Lions will be moving too quickly in this regard. Under the guise of giving the guy every chance to turn it around, the Lions likely will hold Rogers into training camp and the preseason. But the real motivation could be to ensure that Rogers doesn't land with another team sufficiently early in the offseason to become fully acclimated to his new squad's offensive attack.

Indeed, the only thing worse than declaring yet another top-five pick a complete bust would be to give him a chance to finally blossom elsewhere.

http://www.***************.com/rumormill.htm

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't fair.

I thought you meant SHAUN Rogers and I soiled myself.:mad:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lets see: constantly injured and can't stay on the field.
Already in the drugs; took one strike already.
NO WAY.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why are folks so obsessed with this guy?

He hasn't shown anything.

B-U-S-T.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Why are folks so obsessed with this guy?

He hasn't shown anything.

B-U-S-T.

D-R-U-G-G-I-E.

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets caught with a whizzator one of these days too.

metalichris

Reaction score
Sure he hasn't done anything, and has a drug problem. There has been a lot of stars that has had drug problems, but can be controlled on the field. As for him not being a good reciever, well it isn't like he had an Aikman or Elway throwing to him. I see more of an Antonio Bryant rather than an Irvin. Speaking of attitude of course. So, no I wouldn't want to see him in a Cowboys uniform. Wow, a flip-flop in the same argument. I'm confused :eek:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Why not? He's expendable, if he starts to act up you can eliminate the problem. It's not like any of the revolving door coaches in Detroit could impliment any sort of discipline or work ethic in this kid. I remember him being one of the best receivers in the nation as a Spartan, I just think the upside is worth it if we really want to have a potentially explosive WR core.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tags: "With the 9th pick in the NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select...Chad Johnson, WR, Florida."

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Tags: "With the 9th pick in the NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select...Chad Johnson, WR, Florida."
They are down to one wr and a couple of TE's so it would make sense :D

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Hostile said:
:laugh2: I will die of laughter.

cleverusername

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Why not? He's expendable, if he starts to act up you can eliminate the problem. It's not like any of the revolving door coaches in Detroit could impliment any sort of discipline or work ethic in this kid. I remember him being one of the best receivers in the nation as a Spartan, I just think the upside is worth it if we really want to have a potentially explosive WR core.

I'd take him, for the right price. Bring him into camp, have Parcells try to light a fire, if not cut him. It's crazy to see three awsome college recievers flop in that program. Somthing has to be wrong, other than the players.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Another victim of the chronic. Maybe he'll end up sharing a bong in Canada with Quincy.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I keep telling you Roy Williams is not a TE.

:grin:

Roy isn't but Mike may end up being if he doesn't develop a better work ethic and disconnect the feed bag.