PFT: Martindale cursed out Daboll after learning of the defensive staff firings

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
First the Eagles, then Commanders, and now the Giants, all imploding :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: love it, love it

BTW......Guess who starts next season on the hot seat. You better believe some of Martindale's former defensive leaders/players are a bit ticked off and confused.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...oll-after-learning-of-defensive-staff-firings

Report: Wink Martindale cursed out Brian Daboll after learning of defensive staff firings​

Published January 10, 2024 08:16 AM

Reports that Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale officially resigned his position proved to be untrue, but it still doesn’t look like there is a future for their relationship.

Martindale’s response to head coach Brian Daboll’s choice to make changes to the coaching staff are a big reason for that. The Giants dismissed outside linebackers coach Drew Wilkins and defensive assistant Kevin Wilkins — both of whom accompanied Martindale in his move from the Ravens to the Giants — and Paul Schwartz of the New York Post reports that Martindale “cursed out Daboll, said his piece, got up, slammed the door and walked out of the building” upon hearing the news.

Per Schwartz, there was a feeling that Martindale and Drew Wilkins were “creating their own fiefdom within the coaching staff” and bypassing Daboll when it came to making decisions about the defense. There were reports during the season about problems in the relationship between Daboll and Martindale as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It seemed to me that the D was keeping them in games not that offense. But all discombobulation for them is welcomed!
Yeah I don’t get it. I couldn’t see if the DC had a issue with it but what the hell does Daboll care he needs to worry about the crappy offense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is interesting to see the heat other HC coaches in the division have taken but where is the leadership in the locker rooms?

** The Dline is/was loaded with the so-called elite./1st round talent, yet their WR McLaurin is the face of the team. They traded both starting DEs mid-season.
** The Giants lost Jones but we find out Daboll and Martindale weren't on the same page
** As for the Eagles......where to start? This time last year many thought we were seeing the start of a dynasty. I mean they had at least one ALL-Pro at literally every position on offense and defense. You could argue their offense was so loaded that the entire Oline, both WRs, QB and TE were all top 5. Never seen a team with so much talent fall so hard but IMO it of one person, Sirianni. He got arrogant and cocky thinking he could replace both his coordinator with lesser-qualified coaches. Yes, they were winning but we could all see something was missing and it finally caught up with them and when it did, it got ugly. Hell, the word is he could be coaching for his job the weekend, imagine that from a year ago.

Bigdog

Reaction score
There was an article that I read that said if Quinn leaves he would be one of 3 candidates that could replace him. The other was the Ravens Associate HC/defensive line coach and Whitt with Whitt being the top choice.

JayFord

Reaction score
he cursed him out?

we wouldve been tussling from the film room to the toilets and all over the cafeteria

im the HC here you aint finna do that to me, they wouldve just now gotten me off him

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley:

That's a real shame. The surprising success of their 2022 season is nothing but a very distant memory now.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Turns out that nutcase WR Toney who went to the Chiefs was one of the more sane ones at the Giants several years ago.

stiletto

Reaction score
So reports that he had resigned are premature??????
He dropped a bunch of f-bombs towards Daboll for firing his assistants and peaced out to Florida. No one knows if he is resigning. It's pretty hilarious.