PFT: Matt Leinart gets Punk'd

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a different note regarding USC quarterback Matt Leinart, we're told that Leinart recently was "Punk'd" by Ashton Kutcher and his show of the same name on MTV.
Though the details are sketchy at this point, what we're hearing about the prank calls to mind the misadventures of actor Hugh Grant several years back.

Leinart agreed to permit the segment to be aired when MTV likewise agreed to wait until after the April 29 draft to air it. We hear that the "Punk'ng" is scheduled to be shown on May 1.

But since the incident is phony, why would Leinart's people want MTV to wait to broadcast the thing? In our view, Team Leinart realizes that there are concerns as to whether Matt has a sufficient passion for pro football -- and as to whether Leinart might decide to pull a Jim Brown after a couple of seasons playing with a supporting cast that can't dominate its way to a 16-0 record.

For the younger readers out there who might be confused by what seems to be a derogatory reference to a Hall of Fame running back, Brown walked away from the NFL at the peak of his career to become a movie star.

In Leinart's case, there's a fear that a decision to ditch football could come long before he rings up the kind of numbers that would secure him a spot in Canton.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I still think the punkee knows what is going on. How can you not see people with big huge cameras on their shoulder?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I still think the punkee knows what is going on. How can you not see people with big huge cameras on their shoulder?

I must respectfully disagree, sir. If the punkee were in on it there is NO WAY Justin Timberlake would have cried and whined like he did knowing it would be seen by the whole world.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Tass said:
I must respectfully disagree, sir. If the punkee were in on it there is NO WAY Justin Timberlake would have cried and whined like he did knowing it would be seen by the whole world.

The early ones were real but you can only do a show like that for so long before people figure how they do it.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
TO was cool when he got punked.

We saw a humble side of him.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

I've only watched Punk'd once but don't they use hidden camera's?

ravidubey

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
Leinart has Ryan Leaf written all over him
Where do people get this stuff? Where is there any hint of a similarity between the two except that they were/are hihgly touted college QBs?

STOP-- I shouldn't be asking questions of someone who apparently knows very little about either player.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I've only watched Punk'd once but don't they use hidden camera's?
Yes but they also have people with regular cameras. Maybe I'm just more observant but I would notice someone with a camera on their shoulder.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Yes but they also have people with regular cameras. Maybe I'm just more observant but I would notice someone with a camera on their shoulder.
I don't know Yeager. Those big cameras don't seem to come out until they're ready to give up joke. And most times, they seem to come from whereever Ashton is.

And really, I've seen too many folks legitimately crying or cussing and about to fight on there for me to think it's staged to that extent. No way Kanye West could fake almost running down folks when they tried to take the film for his video shoot.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Punk'd, much like everything else on MTV, is ridiculously stupid.

On a whim, I just checked MTV's schedule On DirecTV. They have one hour of videos for the next 24 hours at 4 in the morning. The rest of the schedule is packed with such meaningful tripe as sweet sixteen birthday parties for California's elite (read: spoiled) rich girls, shows about moronic, cocky boys messy rooms being surveyed by moronic, cocky girls for dates and the 58,424th installment of Real World/Road Rules challenge featuring the same people every season who don't appear to have an actual job (and who needs one when MTV is basically funding their lives for holding their breath underwater and shouting at others for not being sensitive to their needs?)

The only true 'music' station is Fuse.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Avery said:
Punk'd, much like everything else on MTV, is ridiculously stupid.

On a whim, I just checked MTV's schedule On DirecTV. They have one hour of videos for the next 24 hours at 4 in the morning. The rest of the schedule is packed with such meaningful tripe as sweet sixteen birthday parties for California's elite (read: spoiled) rich girls, shows about moronic, cocky boys messy rooms being surveyed by moronic, cocky girls for dates and the 58,424th installment of Real World/Road Rules challenge featuring the same people every season who don't appear to have an actual job (and who needs one when MTV is basically funding their lives for holding their breath underwater and shouting at others for not being sensitive to their needs?)

The only true 'music' station is Fuse.

Yeah you know you are old when you remember when MTV showed actual videos :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Yeah you know you are old when you remember when MTV showed actual videos :D

Well I just turned 40 and I remember not only when they showed Videos but that's ALL they showed.

MTV Has sucked for years...Really I don't know why it's even around anymore.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Well I just turned 40 and I remember not only when they showed Videos but that's ALL they showed.

MTV Has sucked for years...Really I don't know why it's even around anymore.

Too show videos for all the crappy music that is out there these days.