PFT: NFL Matchup gets a four-year commitment

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
NFL Matchup gets a four-year commitment
Posted by Mike Florio on June 30, 2010 10:53 PM ET
Not long ago, ESPN's NFL Matchup show faced near-certain extinction. As first reported by Michael Hiestand of USA Today, it's coming back.

But neither the initial report nor the official announcement specified the number of years that it would still be around.

Per an industry source, NFL Matchup received a four-year commitment.

So kudos to the folks at the league office, NFL Films, and ESPN for saving one of the best football shows around. Some think that we had a role in keeping the show around. We disagree strongly; if we had any actual pull, the show would be shifted during football season to the time slot occupied by The Sports Reporters.

On that note, does anyone really care in the Internet age what a quartet of general-interest sportswriters thinks about niche issues that are far better understood and explained by the folks who focus on the specific sports from which each topic arises?

Hey, if we can save a show, maybe we can get one killed, too.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Playbook has eclipsed this show.

It's an hour long and it's broadcast in primetime on Thursday, Friday and also Sunday Morning at a reasonable time.

Why ESPN puts this show on at 3:30am on Saturday night and then again on Sunday morning at like 8am or something is assinine.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3447924 said:
Playbook has eclipsed this show.

It's an hour long and it's broadcast in primetime on Thursday, Friday and also Sunday Morning at a reasonable time.

Why ESPN puts this show on at 3:30am on Saturday night and then again on Sunday morning at like 8am or something is assinine.
you should upload it when the season starts for those of us who don't have the NFL network(stupid cablevision).:D

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3447926 said:
you should upload it when the season starts for those of us who don't have the NFL network(stupid cablevision).:D

What were you sleeping last season?

I did. Every week.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I like the Sports Reporters. They actually talk to eachother rather than talk at eachother like on ATH

Everson24

Reaction score
I love NFL Matchup. Maybe it's just nostalgia because I've been watching it so long but I do wish they would extend it to one hour. I really like Ron Jaworski breaking down the game film.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Everson24;3448140 said:
I love NFL Matchup. Maybe it's just nostalgia because I've been watching it so long but I do wish they would extend it to one hour. I really like Ron Jaworski breaking down the game film.

I like it also, it gives very good incite, but the time slot is stupid.