PFT: NFL reportedly seeking to double broadcast right fees

Adreme

Reaction score
"Some" can say it all they want. Their salaries are set by the revenue the league makes. I would say that I would rather give the players salaries then the owners because at least they are taking a beating (and shortening their lives) playing football rather than sitting in a booth 3 hours a week 17-20 times a year.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
What you think will do to players' salaries that some say are already out of control.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/20/nfl-reportedly-seeking-to-double-broadcast-rights-f
NFL reportedly seeking to double broadcast rights fees
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2021, 7:02 PM EST

I think in these pandemic times, many people who are not hardcore fans have found there is more to life and entertainment than just football. Those skyrocketing ratings every year have made a turn downward on the graph. Will be very interesting to see what the networks have to say about those fees being doubled.

Londonboy

Reaction score
As the product gets worse and worse every year on the field, the NFL wants to charge more to watch it.

That sounds like a flawed business plan to me .. :rolleyes:
Well, it's been working so far,

khiladi

Reaction score
"Some" can say it all they want. Their salaries are set by the revenue the league makes. I would say that I would rather give the players salaries then the owners because at least they are taking a beating (and shortening their lives) playing football rather than sitting in a booth 3 hours a week 17-20 times a year.

Gladiators have been a dime a dozen all throughout history and they didn’t just take a beating, they got killed while the masses cheered on. Many people are willing to risk their physical health for fame and decent, not multiple millions, type of money.

The Coliseum has always attracted fans.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Gladiators have been a dime a dozen all throughout history and they fight just take a beaten, they got killed while the masses cheered on. Many people are willing to risk their physical health for fame and decent, not multiple millions, type of money. The Coliseum has always attracted fans.
Good post. Spot on.

coult44

Reaction score

This is proof people have no idea of how hard it is to be a successful businessman. If you think all there is to owning a team is to sit in a booth you need to quit watching football and go into the real world.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Disney better fall in line, if they push back too hard, Amazon, Facebook or maybe Fubo would opt for MNF rights.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
As the product gets worse and worse every year on the field, the NFL wants to charge more to watch it.

That sounds like a flawed business plan to me .. :rolleyes:

winning formula= stadium view, fire works, cheerleaders, anthem, football with less penalities,cheerleaders again, commercials for beer, food, pretty girls, fan signs, cheerleaders, football repeat

They should have stuck with that business plan

Adreme

Reaction score
Gladiators have been a dime a dozen all throughout history and they didn’t just take a beating, they got killed while the masses cheered on. Many people are willing to risk their physical health for fame and decent, not multiple millions, type of money.

The Coliseum has always attracted fans.

Yes and I am going to take the side of the fighters in the Coliseum over the rich people eating grapes.

Adreme

Reaction score
This is proof people have no idea of how hard it is to be a successful businessman. If you think all there is to owning a team is to sit in a booth you need to quit watching football and go into the real world.

There is nothing easier in this world, and I very much so mean this, to do then make money when you already have money. Making the initial money is the hard part. Keeping it is very easy.

The owners job though is to sit in a booth. Unless you are Jerry Jones, who seems to enjoy being a GM, you have actual football people to do the football work. When you let them go, or they retire, you either promote from within or hire a firm to find a replacement.

Welcome to the real world which shatters the illusion of "you have more money because you worked harder". Being an owner of an NFL team is easy. The only downside is that, due to the fact that its a flashier gig, the return on your investment is actually rather low. However, it is a very safe investment so you know you are not going to lose money no matter what you do.