PFT: No Truth to "Ray Lewis-To-Cowboys" Rumors

KingTuna

Reaction score
NO TRUTH TO RAY-TO-'BOYS RUMORS

We caught wind of a rumor recently that the Cowboys and Ravens could be working out a trade that would send disgruntled linebacker Ray Lewis to Dallas for a second-round or a third-round pick.

A league source tells us that the rumor is off the mark.

However, we're told that the Commanders previously have made a significant offer for Lewis -- and that the Ravens declined.

Although the Ravens aren't inclined to give Lewis the salary increase that he so desperately wants, they're holding out for a big package of picks and/or players for a guy whom many still regard as one of the best defensive players in the game -- and they're apparently willing to keep him under the terms of his current deal, even if he's not happy with it.

Lewis is entering the fifth year of a seven-year deal. He is scheduled to earn $5.5 million in 2006, $6.5 million in 2007, and $6.5 million in 2008

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
If we were a player or two away, Lewis might be an ok fit.

We're not.

And he isn't.

:)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
If we were a player or two away, Lewis might be an ok fit.

We're not.

And he isn't.

:)
Player or two away regardless, I wouldn't want Lewis. I like him, but I just don't think he's a good fit for what we're trying to do here.

He still put up good numbers in the 3-4 they played in B-More, but from what I've read, they weren't the same impactful numbers. So I'm ok if we pass on him.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I think one day I'm going to create a website, make some crazy rumor allegedly from my "insider" that only appeals to fans because it involves a big name player coming to their team, and then a week later (even though it had no substance to it) I'm going to retract my rumor because my "other insider" told me it wasn't true. :rolleyes: