PFT playoff chances for all 32 teams after week 13

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...nfc-standings-clinching-scenarios-for-week-13

NFL Playoff Picture 2023: Updated AFC and NFC Standings, Clinching Scenarios for Week 13​

Published December 4, 2023 03:50 AM

The Packers are now in playoff position, with Sunday night’s win over the Chiefs moving Green Bay’s record to 6-6 and giving them the seventh and final playoff spot in the NFC.

The loss also knocked the Chiefs down to the fourth spot in the AFC playoff race.

Here’s how the NFC and AFC playoff pictures look heading into Monday night of Week 13:

NFC Playoff Picture​

DIVISION LEADERS
1. Eagles (10-2): Still atop the conference despite their loss to the 49ers.

2. 49ers (9-3): Big win Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.

3. Lions (9-3): Held on for a big win over the Saints.

4. Falcons (6-6): A one-game lead in the NFC South.

WILD CARDS
5. Cowboys (9-3): The clear leaders in the wild card race, but catching the Eagles in the NFC East will be a tall order.

6. Vikings (6-6): Win head-to-head tiebreaker over Packers, and conference tiebreaker over Rams based on NFC record.

Jipper

Reaction score
While I know it's still a long shot to win the division- it would be pretty awesome to sit tied for the best record in the nfc after this week.

Juat keep winning and let's see what happens...but if they blow it this week we're unfortunately back to the same old narrative

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Juat keep winning and let's see what happens...but if they blow it this week we're unfortunately back to the same old narrative
I agree.......we are at home, healthy, and had 10 days to prepare. For some reason, I have a good feeling about winning this game but losing the following week to the Bills.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I get a kick out of everyone saying we have no shot at the division. After we paste the Eagles Sunday night the Eagles have to go into Seattle and that will be a fight for them. Only team I am worried about us playing is Miami. They aren’t unbeatable. We will handle the Bills, Lions and Comanders.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I get a kick out of everyone saying we have no shot at the division. After we paste the Eagles Sunday night the Eagles have to go into Seattle and that will be a fight for them. Only team I am worried about us playing is Miami. They aren’t unbeatable. We will handle the Bills, Lions and Comanders.
I think we can do well against Philly also the last teams you mentioned aren't going to be easy at all

Jipper

Reaction score
I agree.......we are at home, healthy, and had 10 days to prepare. For some reason, I have a good feeling about winning this game but losing the following week to the Bills.
Honestly the feeling is the impending doom based on how every year seems to end when we have a very good team....we need to string wins together against good to very good teams to build confidence

Seattle was a good start, beat Philly then find a way in Buffalo and the team will he setup...Miami is the one I really worry about but at this point I'd rather see them battle tested going into the playoffs vs having a soft schedule

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I just did the ESPN playoff machine. Cowboys have to finish the season 1 game ahead of the Eagles to win the division. So while the Cowboys temporarily would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker if they win Sunday, they will eventually lose that head-to-head tiebreaker after Week 17.

So looking at the schedules, Dallas will have to run the table and Philly would lose vs Seattle.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I just did the ESPN playoff machine. Cowboys have to finish the season 1 game ahead of the Eagles to win the division. So while the Cowboys temporarily would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker if they win Sunday, they will eventually lose that head-to-head tiebreaker after Week 17.

So looking at the schedules, Dallas will have to run the table and Philly would lose vs Seattle.
LOL.....that Arizona loss

Jipper

Reaction score

Or blow one to NY…while unlikely you just never know with nfce games

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 6-6 team is no 4 and a 9-3 is a wild card? something is not right
Last year TB was the 4 seed in the playoffs. With a losing record.

Winning the division (no matter how bad it is) still gets rewarded.

Motorola

Reaction score
A 6-6 team is no 4 and a 9-3 is a wild card? something is not right
Appears there's going to be a repeat of last season - the NFC South winner is going to have a losing\barely above .500 record - but will host a first-round game, while the visiting top wildcard qualifier could have an 11-win record or better.

In the previous decade, 2010-19 - it happensed only twice___
2010 - Seahawks, NFC West, 7-9
2014- Panthers, NFC South, 7-8-1

But now, four years into the 2020 decade, there already has been two sub .500 division winners - with a 3rd possibly happening this season___
2020 - Commanders, NFC East, 7-9
2022 - Buccaneers, NFC South, 8-9
2023 - NFC South current standings: Falcons 6-6, Buccaneers 5-7, Saints 5-7

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Appears there's going to be a repeat of last season - the NFC South winner is going to have a losing\barely above .500 record - but will host a first-round game, while the visiting top wildcard qualifier could have an 11-win record or better.

In the previous decade, 2010-19 - it happensed only twice___
2010 - Seahawks, NFC West, 7-9
2014- Panthers, NFC South, 7-8-1

But now, four years into the 2020 decade, there already has been two sub .500 division winners - with a 3rd possibly happening this season___
2020 - Commanders, NFC East, 7-9
2022 - Buccaneers, NFC South, 8-9
2023 - NFC South current standings: Falcons 6-6, Buccaneers 5-7, Saints 5-7
You would think, this is easily fixable........ requires the division winner to finish the season with a record of 500+ or seated accord to win-loss.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let’s take it game to game but let’s see what Buffalo team we might be playing in two weeks and the weather forecast. If they lose to KC they are done and if it is nice weather I like are chances against them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let’s take it game to game but let’s see what Buffalo team we might be playing in two weeks and the weather forecast. If they lose to KC they are done and if it is nice weather I like are chances against them.
Agree but I'm starting to feel pretty confident about the Eagles game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because it's pretty unlikely the Eagles will lose 3 in a row.

I'd feel much better about Seattle beating them if say one of those Giants' games was between us and the Seattle game.

And even if they lose to Seattle and us, it's unlikely we go undefeated. The only game we could lose is Detroit. We lose every meaningful tiebreaker in every other scenario.

Sydla

Reaction score

Not entirely true.

The Cowboys can finish tied with the Eagles at 13-4 as long as that one remaining loss is to Detroit. In that scenario, we'd win the 3rd tiebreaker - common games as we would only have losses to the Cards and 49ers in common games whereas the Eagles would have three losses - 49ers, Jets and Seattle or Cards.

There is also a scenario where we finish with the same record and win the division but that would mean they lost to the Giants, which seems extremely unlikely.