PFT rating MM hot seat watch

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not hating on McCarthy but I wasn’t thrilled about his hiring. He did an awful job in Green Bay his final two seasons and couldn’t win with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. All the Cowboys have done since he’s gotten here is lose. We were 6-10 last season. We just had an 0-4 preseason and we lost our opener. If we drop to 0-2 tomorrow a lot of angry fans on his board are going to be screaming for McCarthy’s fat head to roll. I don’t see the Joneses being real patient with him.

Im not defending MM but this is the bad of JJ current 2 job titles....how is he going to hold the HC responsible for losing with the backups he was givin by JJ....I wish JJ understood how he is cutting his own legs out doing that owner/gm thing.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Not hating on McCarthy but I wasn’t thrilled about his hiring. He did an awful job in Green Bay his final two seasons and couldn’t win with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. All the Cowboys have done since he’s gotten here is lose. We were 6-10 last season. We just had an 0-4 preseason and we lost our opener. If we drop to 0-2 tomorrow a lot of angry fans on his board are going to be screaming for McCarthy’s fat head to roll. I don’t see the Joneses being real patient with him.

Yeah, i understand C19 Season, losing the franchise QB and both Tackles in 2020 and oh yeah lost the preseason championship and to opening game to the Super Bowl champs on a last second field goal are all fireable offenses. OMG. We are 1 game in the season people

Big_D

Reaction score
Another classic case of Cowboy fans overrating the roster. Enough talent for a deep playoff run? The D was pure garbage and it’s not an overnight fix. You want success you have to actually develop young players. I see a team headed in that direction, but looking for a “deep run” this year is flat out ridiculous!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, i understand C19 Season, losing the franchise QB and both Tackles in 2020 and oh yeah lost the preseason championship and to opening game to the Super Bowl champs on a last second field goal are all fireable offenses. OMG. We are 1 game in the season people

Injuries happen it’s part of the game but you can’t just fall apart and go in the toilet. Philly won a Super Bowl with their backup QB a few years ago. We lose our starting QB and it’s a death sentence. You have a few fans here still celebrating a moral victory over Tampa. If the losses keep piling up it’s going to cost McCarthy his job. I don’t care how good we play tomorrow if it ends in a loss there’s going to be a lot of pissed off fans.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----his seats going to get real hot anything less TWO playoff wins

hahahahahaha......how many times was that same exact thing said about The Clapping Carrot

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Injuries happen it’s part of the game but you can’t just fall apart and go in the toilet. Philly won a Super Bowl with their backup QB a few years ago. We lose our starting QB and it’s a death sentence. You have a few fans here still celebrating a moral victory over Tampa. If the losses keep piling up it’s going to cost McCarthy his job. I don’t care how good we play tomorrow if it ends in a loss there’s going to be a lot of pissed off fans.

Come on MAN.....Cowboy fans would be pissed off if they won the Superbowl....doesnt matter who the coach or the players are Cowboys Fans are a special breed.....Havn't gone deep in the Playoffs in 25yrs and like they are entitled to Superbowl every year...One post above even went so far to claim MM should be fired for not WINNING A PRESEASON game...REALLY....... The Jones run a family entertainment business...its about profits, not going not deep in the playoffs......25 years of losing and now you expect to WIN.....right

Try to enjoy the season without being PO'd to much

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
MM isn't going anywhere soon. All the injuries alone is enough for Jerry to justify keeping him around another season.

True -- yet, JJ still likes to sign injured players who have no choice but to sign on cheaply, feeling they'll give their money's worth. :eek:

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Come on MAN.....Cowboy fans would be pissed off if they won the Superbowl....doesnt matter who the coach or the players are Cowboys Fans are a special breed.....Havn't gone deep in the Playoffs in 25yrs and like they are entitled to Superbowl every year...One post above even went so far to claim MM should be fired for not WINNING A PRESEASON game...REALLY....... The Jones run a family entertainment business...its about profits, not going not deep in the playoffs......25 years of losing and now you expect to WIN.....right

Try to enjoy the season without being PO'd to much

Never said he should be fired for not winning a preseason game. The point is he’s coached in 21 games since he’s gotten here and we’ve only won 6 of them. He seemed almost upbeat after the loss to Tampa pointing out how well we played. It’s not going to be a very enjoyable season if we end up digging a hole again. If you’re not frustrated after 25 years of mediocrity and look for moral victories in loses then good for you. Maybe you haven’t been following the Cowboys for as long as some of us.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If McCarthy doesn’t win the division this season he absolutely should be fired

no he shouldn't and wont , good try...keep on being you, see below..
5ngehk.jpg

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cool man, hopefully McCarthy takes Fassel with him...seat should be hotter than fish grease.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Some posters here just want to see heads roll every season we don't win a Super Bowl no matter how good the was.

Big_D

Reaction score
Some posters here just want to see heads roll every season we don't win a Super Bowl no matter how good the was.

Even still a coach should get more than 2 seasons. It's ridiculous to repeat the process and think you're going to find instant success. Plus the injuries, covid, suspensions. They are all a serious problem. I want to see what he can do with a full healthy team on the field. And by week 6 or 7 we should be gearing up at that point.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don’t think Jerry is as tied to McCarthy. Jason got that because he was able to put together a few seasons that extended his stay. They didn’t hold on to Wade or Campo nearly as long.
Moreso the excuses will outweight any pitiful coaching he and his staff make. It is our M O over the last decade or so. I cannot recall where we put our best foot forward in a given year, seems injuries....suspensions...covid all lengthen the stay of execution for our players/coaches