News: PFT: Report: Dez Bryant will test knee Friday, still “unlikely” to play Sunday

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
WR needs to be addressed this offseason.

I think Dez's best days are behind him. He was a touchdown machine over a 3 year span, but I don't see him having the same impact for this team that he once had.

I think he gets cut or traded well before his current contract is up.

jrumann59

Reaction score
yawn. yea lets criticize a player for playing football the way its supposed to be played. Its absolutely ridiculous to criticize a player for getting hurt playing such a physical sport. I mean its stupid, Gronk missing time every year, and you never Patriots fan criticizing him for it. Dez gets hurt making a routine move, and its "oh he's an idiot, trade him"!..this fan base is really embarrassing sometimes
Yeah and if he would ahve broke it for TD everyone poo-pooing him would be say see how tough, passionate, and never say die attitude works for him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their hate for anything Cowboys' related is bizarre. Why be a fan of something you hate?

It's really anyone on the team who's not perfect 24/7.

Once a player has any kind of setback they're immediately trash in the eyes of some fans.

In their defense, they're disappointed and have not had their emotional needs met for a long time, or something.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Dez hate from Cowboys fans is bizarre.

It's really anyone on the team who's not perfect 24/7.

Once a player has any kind of setback they're immediately trash in the eyes of some fans.
Their hate for anything Cowboys' related is bizarre. Why be a fan of something you hate?

Are people really hating on Dez though or are they/we being critical of a great player that they/we don't want to see develop a reputation for being on the sideline more than on the field?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Are people really hating on Dez though or are they/we being critical of a great player that they/we don't want to see develop a reputation for being on the sideline more than on the field?

This is being critical:

I don't like how Dez acts when he does things most reasonable people would view as immature. An example would be consistently being late for meetings. This is unprofessional as well as immature. I actually like the former label as being less aggressive and more assertive. He's being paid fabulous money for doing his job and I'd like to see him go about ALL his job on and off the field more responsibly.

This is being hateful:

Dez is an immature jerk who doesn't care about the team. They should cut him or at the least not resign him as well as draft a number 1 in the first next year. I'M tired of his BS. This is just another example of why Jerry shouldn't be the GM of the team nor allow his idiot son anywhere near the club. They've run this club into the ground for 20 years and I'M sick of it. Who else would have hired Garrett the hand clapping idiot much less kept him on the job. He's the one who ran Jimmy off and why we have sucked since.

The latter is a fairly tame version of what we see here and not just hyperbole from me BTW.

Lody

Reaction score
People say his best days are behind him, but Id'd say he looked pretty good week 2. and scored week 3 on a bad knee.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is being critical:

I don't like how Dez acts when he does things most reasonable people would view as immature. An example would be consistently being late for meetings. This is unprofessional as well as immature. I actually like the former label as being less aggressive and more assertive. He's being paid fabulous money for doing his job and I'd like to see him go about ALL his job on and off the field more responsibly.

This is being hateful:

Dez is an immature jerk who doesn't care about the team. They should cut him or at the least not resign him as well as draft a number 1 in the first next year. I'M tired of his BS. This is just another example of why Jerry shouldn't be the GM of the team nor allow his idiot son anywhere near the club. They've run this club into the ground for 20 years and I'M sick of it. Who else would have hired Garrett the hand clapping idiot much less kept him on the job. He's the one who ran Jimmy off and why we have sucked since.

The latter is a fairly tame version of what we see here and not just hyperbole from me BTW.
Oh. . Well I don't go that far. He's a great player. I just need to see that greatness on the field. Not on the sideline because he decided to stiff arm a safety & got side collared when he could have just ran out of bounds & lived to fight many more downs.

I know that's hyper critical so but it was my 1st thought when I saw the injury. .

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Oh. . Well I don't go that far. He's a great player. I just need to see that greatness on the field. Not on the sideline because he decided to stiff arm a safety & got side collared when he could have just ran out of bounds & lived to fight many more downs.

I know that's hyper critical so but it was my 1st thought when I saw the injury. .

That wasn't necessarily directed at you but as I said what we routinely see around here. Dez needs to play smarter but I doubt you are going to take all that out of him no more than you can take all the Tony out of Romo.

Lody

Reaction score
We need to move on from him, not reliable.
he's missed 13 out of 96 games

thats 12% of his games, Gronk has missed 18 % of his games, Julio has missed 12%

hell Sean Lee has missed 18% of his games, yet I dont hear people calling for his head

to call dude unreliable due to injury is absurd in this context. fairweather fans are the worst I tell you