News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Jerry just give the poor manchild an annuity, cut the umbilical cord and let's get on to football.............I mean that is what we do isn't it?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I would say it's a circus, but we're just getting the clown show.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
My fear is now Jerry is looking for veteran assistants to come in under Garrett and if he can get them to agree, he will let Garrett keep his job. Why else would you publically begin the search before getting Garrett out of the building. I hope the delay isn’t because Jerry and Garrett made a deal for him to keep his job and that deal being big name coordinations with head coaching experience to run their side of the ball and Jason just remain the figure head coach. I think I’m going to be sick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean he's really pitiful. Have some dignity. Better coaches than him have been let go.
Naw for something you want this is what you do. You fight for it. Regardless of what it may look like. I just don’t understand why he wants to be here. He didn’t show this fight on the sideline and his team surely didn’t fight for him on the field.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My fear is now Jerry is looking for veteran assistants to come in under Garrett and if he can get them to agree, he will let Garrett keep his job. Why else would you publically begin the search before getting Garrett out of the building. I hope the delay isn’t because Jerry and Garrett made a deal for him to keep his job and that deal being big name coordinations with head coaching experience to run their side of the ball and Jason just remain the figure head coach. I think I’m going to be sick.
They may be trying to see what coaches th eh actually have a chance of getting. It’s far too early to tell. Maybe we will know more today when a lot of these teams will be out of the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It really does suck this team sucks with Garrett. If he was a actual good coach you’d love that he loves to be here. I can’t fathom wanting to coach with this fanbase and Jerry.

CB61

Reaction score
He can campaign all he wants as far as I'm concerned he can run for president of the United States as long as he's not with the Cowboys next year

Redline360

Reaction score
You were a failure of a football coach who was granted what should have been a playoff ready team for how many years?

You and Jerry wasted the careers and talent of so many players that most organizations would kill for.

_sturt_

Reaction score

Nah.

Lewis is a beggar not a chooser, here, but McCarthy is a bonafide HC candidate, and isn't going to accept taking a lesser role.

But here's a thought.

Would Garrett take a OC job under McCarthy?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Two interview scheduled for today.....while the other saga is ongoing yet not a word out of the FO.............does this seem odd to anybody?

Not really we are bringing in a Co-Coach for Garrett.