PFT Rumor: Michael Vick wants out of Atlanta

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Rumors are swirling at the NFL Combine that Michael Vick wants out of Atlanta.

Vick's recent criticism of the team's offense hasn't sat well with the coaching staff, but it would be untenable to deal him. Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp came out in the papers saying there is no rift between the two, but he can't enjoy being repeatedly criticized publicly by his own player.

Feb. 24 - 8:25 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

neosapien23

Reaction score
Michael Vick sucks. If Atlanta was smart, they would trade him for a first round pick and cut their losses.

felix360

Reaction score
trade him to new orleans and draft Young , better passer and better overall QB than vick

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What was it Parcells was saying about players who when the going gets tough, instead of fighting though it, they just want out? And how he doesn't like those kind of players? I agree with him.

dwmyers

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'd love to have Michael Vick in Dallas. The gadget potential with Vick and Bledsoe in the same backfield is enormous ;)

:lmao2:

notherbob

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Michael Vick sucks. If Atlanta was smart, they would trade him for a first round pick and cut their losses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Atlanta give him a huge signing bonus, the remainder of which would come off all at once for a really big cap hit if he gets cut or traded?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Rumors are swirling at the NFL Combine that Michael Vick wants out of Atlanta.

Vick's recent criticism of the team's offense hasn't sat well with the coaching staff, but it would be untenable to deal him. Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp came out in the papers saying there is no rift between the two, but he can't enjoy being repeatedly criticized publicly by his own player.

Feb. 24 - 8:25 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

The bolded is 'Nuff said. This report is garbage.

Edit: Referring only to the bolded part of the post, not the username, obviously.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
notherbob said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Atlanta give him a huge signing bonus, the remainder of which would come off all at once for a really big cap hit if he gets cut or traded?

you are correct...I think he got a 100+ million dollar deal with some mammoth signing bonus

the guy has been the most overhyped, overrated player in the history of sports...he is a painfully mediocre passer...if it werent for the media created garbage, this guy would probably be in Canada

he's an enormous cry baby and thinks he is WAY better than he really is...fortunately (since I hate the Falcons) Arthur Blank bought into the mag hype and sold out to Vick...they are tattood to him now

David

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Vick ain't going anywhere.....he's a cash cow for Atlanta and Blank knows that.

It's apparent to me that he's really confused by the WCO as he'd looked really good for a stretch, then look dreadful. Just couldn't get any consistency which is the hallmark of being confused.

And it's why I really don't like the WCO.

Rich..........

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't Vick the highest paid player in the league? How do you trade someone like that? The salary cap ramifications would make it mearly impossible to do a deal for him.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I'd rather Henson or Romo start then having Vick here. One of the most overrated players in the history of the game

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I'd rather Henson or Romo start then having Vick here. One of the most overrated players in the history of the game

but it's not like Vick overrates himself... the media and the fans do but you guys act like Vick is a horrible person because of that

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
After reading this, it's only a matter of time until the board is spammed by the 'We should sign michael vick' threads.:rolleyes:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
but it's not like Vick overrates himself... the media and the fans do but you guys act like Vick is a horrible person because of that

:starspin Vick has legs, no accracy, but he has arm power, and he's fragile:starspin ... what's the use with Vick as a Cowboy?:starspin

Reaction score
Pardon what I'm about to say....But I don't believe s*** until I smell it, in other words I'll believe it when it happens. :rolleyes:

So therefore I have NO reason to believe Atlanta will give up on a 25 year old QB with the Superstar abilities of a MR. Vick.