PFT: Rumors fly of Pioli to Cleveland

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ndanger;2526379 said:
He's the V.P of player personnel with the Pat's. I am assuming that is different than a G.M. title and would not be considered a lateral move.
Good point. Just think Kraft should hang onto the guy. If I were in Piloi's shoes Cleveland would not be my choice. Carl Peterson is retiring in KC, I'd rather go there. Heck, I'd rather go to Detroit.

ndanger

Reaction score
Hostile;2526392 said:
Good point. Just think Kraft should hang onto the guy. If I were in Piloi's shoes Cleveland would not be my choice. Carl Peterson is retiring in KC, I'd rather go there. Heck, I'd rather got to Detroit.

He's Bill Parcell's son-in-law as well don't forget. You gotta think that with Big Bill now with the fins, Lil' Bill is a little nervous about the conversations that might take place at the holiday supper tables between Parcells and Pioli. I mean do ya' think lil' Bill is just a little paranoid? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ndanger;2526402 said:
He's Bill Parcell's son-in-law as well don't forget. You gotta think that with Big Bill now with the fins, Lil' Bill is a little nervous about the conversations that might take place at the holiday supper tables between Parcells and Pioli. I mean do ya' think lil' Bill is just a little paranoid? :D
He's always been paranoid. Both of them have been.

Take the Detroit job and get Cassel there as the QB, hire someone like Spagnuola as the Head Coach and Draft smart.

ndanger

Reaction score
Hostile;2526406 said:

Take the Detroit job and get Cassel there as the QB, hire someone like Spagnuola as the Head Coach and Draft smart.

The Detroit job would be as much security as you're ever gonna get in the NFL to be sure. It took an act of Congress and divine intervention to get rid of Millen.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what we need is for our favorite trade partner ever, Mike Lynn, to come back.....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2526131 said:
By the way, all joking aside, there isn't a higher team position than GM and he's on a great team. Why would he even consider a lateral move? It isn't when you consider the success of the franchises.

I call bull on this.

I think it was John Czarnecki who reported 2-3 weeks ago that Pioli was going to strongly consider leaving New England for another position.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2526406 said:

Sounds like they'd be reliving Scott Mitchell Part II to me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2526502 said:

I thought I was the only one not buying the Matt Cassel Experience.

Some team is in for a massive letdown if they overpay him. But it'll happen, and probably to a perpetual loser like Detroit or KC.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2526506 said:
I thought I was the only one not buying the Matt Cassel Experience.

Some team is in for a massive letdown if they overpay him. But it'll happen, and probably to a perpetual loser like Detroit or KC.

I dont see it, and if I was running a team there's no way I'd break the bank to sign this guy. But your right, somebody will and they will end up regretting it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2526502 said:
Better than anything else they currently have or could Draft in the 2009 Draft.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I'll throw in an old german 5 mark piece I have around here some where. It should be worth a dollar or two. :laugh2:

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I may be waaaayyy off base here, but with rumors of Pioli looking around and rumors of Urban Myer expected to receive a huge offer from the NFL and Urban Myer's close friendship with Kraft and Belichik, it makes me wonder if Belichik might be ready to step into a GM role and Myer take over as HC in NE.

I know that sounds crazy and I agree it is, but I've heard the Myer/NFL rumors from Jim Rome and from a college football writer with ESPN.com. I wonder what they have heard to make them say such a thing.

Interesting.

Hyperion

Reaction score
Hostile;2526131 said:
By the way, all joking aside, there isn't a higher team position than GM and he's on a great team. Why would he even consider a lateral move? It isn't when you consider the success of the franchises.

I call bull on this.

It's a challenge and the Browns are a storied franchise. They are like the Cubs of the NFL. If you are the guy who turns that org. around then you're more of a football god than you could ever be in New England.

Let's not forget that the Patsies were once a laughingstock. If you can win there, you can win anywhere. Plus, the Miami Dolphins are about to take over that division. Why not leave while you're on top?

MONT17

Reaction score
If this is true sounds like Pioli must know that he can get a QB!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Savage is far from a problem in Cleveland. He's done a pretty solid job of bringing in talent to that team.

They're problem is a lack of a QB (with Quinn getting hurt) and personnel on defense. They don't have the personnel to run a 3-4. Their LBs suck.