News: PFT: Though challenging, Cowboys confident about signing Zeke, Dak, Amari

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Though challenging, Cowboys confident about signing Zeke, Dak, Amari

gettyimages-1090361094-e1557355927717.jpg

The contracts of receiver Amari Cooper and quarterback Dak Prescott will expire after this season. Running back Ezekiel Elliott is under contract through 2020 after the Cowboys exercised the fifth-...

Read Full Story

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Plus, we still have the draft picks and UDFA's to sign too.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Stephen's message is a good one: you can do real well without maxing out, and it'll be an investment in the team and in your future. I hope these guys buy in. Sounds like it'll be a condition of their being extended early. As it should be.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Seeing this POS Mike Florio (Vikings fan) spouting for the second time that Dak and Amari should team up and refuse to sign contracts with Dallas so that they become FA next year and both cannot be franchised. Also he is saying Zeke should hold out for a new deal. I remember this was the same POS that made up stories about the Dez mystery video that never materialized. What a hack. He must still be butthurt over the Herschel Walker trade.

Sydla

Reaction score
What about Jaylon, Jones, etc?

We are entering that same issue we ran into a few years ago............. where a majority of our money was allotted to the offensive side of the ball. Both Jones made comments a few years ago about better spreading of financial resources on both sides of the ball.

If they sign Dak, Zeke and Amari to big deal to go with Martin, Frederick and Smith on large-ish contracts, with only Lawrence making any real money on defense, they are creating that imbalance they talked about a few years ago.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I wonder who the most likely casualty 4 years down the road will be when the back ends of these deals start skyrocketing.

Gotta be Tyron Smith right? He’d be 33, on the final year of his deal, no cap hit for cutting him.