News: PFT: Todd Gurley eager to get back on field to see how knee responds

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gurley will be on the field and getting a lot of touches... don't fall for this media stuff. Heck, knee inflammation? If it was an MCL, LCL or something I'd believe some of this. They've been resting him for this moment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gurley will be on the field and getting a lot of touches... don't fall for this media stuff. Heck, knee inflammation? If it was an MCL, LCL or something I'd believe some of this. They've been resting him for this moment.

True but Rams will give up on run if it is not working for them and go more to the passing game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
And he came in and tore it up right out of the box during the games Gurley missed. The Cowboys need to be fundamentally sound against the run no matter which guy is out there.
Yep, we should have picked up CJ and dropped D Jackson and moved Rod Smith to inactive.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still say this is a smokescreen. I think he's just resting because his knee was inflamed and a RB like Gurley doesn't really need practice at this point.

I predict that the only way anyone is still discussing Gurley's knee on Sunday is if he reinjures it or Dallas shuts down the Rams run game.
Premeditated excuse for them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, we should have picked up CJ and dropped D Jackson and moved Rod Smith to inactive.

In retrospect, it wouldn't have been a bad move.

Let me ask your opinion, does it seem to you like Rod Smith has gotten a bit arrogant for a backup?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but Rams will give up on run if it is not working for them and go more to the passing game.

I sure hope so! It will make them much easier to defend if they're one dimensional and our guys can pin their ears back and go after Goff.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I may make myself unpopular with this comment but...

I hope that Gurley doesn't get injured badly by playing against us.

I much rather that the decision was made to not play him coz he isn't 100% fit.

It's just a game, I'm not gonna 'hope' for a talented young man to sustain physical damage.
I hope most people (fans or otherwise) agree with you!

aikemirv

Reaction score
In retrospect, it wouldn't have been a bad move.

Let me ask your opinion, does it seem to you like Rod Smith has gotten a bit arrogant for a backup?
I don't know. To me it just seems like we keep him around because he is Jaylons brother. He really offers nothing in the run or pass game and drives stall if Zeke comes out.

I have been calling for Rod Smith to be replaced for weeks now. He just is not good at all. I don't see that he has any vision.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I sure hope so! It will make them much easier to defend if they're one DJ ensional and our guys can pin their ears back and go after Goff.

Gurley will still be a factor coming out of the backfield even if Cowboys can stop the run game. I would also say don't sleep on CJ Anderson when he comes in. Guy is built like a bowling ball at 5'08" 225

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know. To me it just seems like we keep him around because he is Jaylons brother. He really offers nothing in the run or pass game and drives stall if Zeke comes out.

I have been calling for Rod Smith to be replaced for weeks now. He just is not good at all. I don't see that he has any vision.

I see a guy who's gotten worse, not better. A player who for some reason thinks he's much better than he is. He started out as a guy willing to do anything just to make the team and someone willing to run through a wall if that's what it took. Now I see an arrogance about him - don't ask me where it came from - and a guy who runs like he's a scatback rather than a guy getting what's blocked.

I hope it's just me but I don't like the Rod Smith that I've seen this season.

But I'll also say this. I was a Darius Jackson guy from the get-go and very much wanted to see him get an opportunity but I have to say I was very disappointed seeing him against the Giants. I thought his blocking sucked and nothing he did running the ball impressed either.

I'd be looking for better backup options during the offseason.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I hope his knee is healthy but mentally it feels very unstable and vulnerable before the game

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This season the Cowboys D has faced 5 of the top 10 rushing attacks in the NFL (Rams will be #6). Thus far, none of them have had much success against our D. We've faced 6 of the top 10 Rushers in the NFL, two of them twice (Barkley and AD). Only Barkley, in his second game, had success. The only other back who really hurt us was Mack and I honestly believe that that was really more of their OL just coming to play and our DL just taking them lite. JMO

It will really be interesting to see how the Rams do against our run defense.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Yep , Gurley out there playing will make this game so much more difficult for the 'boys .

Knee injury or not , he is a beast .