News: PFT: Tom Brady Sr. Bill Belichick is a great coach with horrible interpersonal skills

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill made a huge error by not riding with Brady to the end. It was clear in Tampa Tom could still play at a pro bowl level but needed better skill position players around him. The Pats refused to help him out and then declared him finished……. And then proceeded to suck for 4 seasons.

John813

Reaction score
Bill is from the Parcells tree. Of course he probably learned from Big Bill some habits on how to interact with players. 30+ years later the game slowly changes and adapts. That stone cold personality to a young team probably did no favors. And it was discussed on how the fallout happened and after that defensive showdown vs the Rams in the SB, Bill thought they could stay that way and not put that much capital on the QB.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This is how petty ego's are...

Kraft and Bill get into it because Kraft doesnt want to push Brady out. Kraft reluctantly sides with Bill and they force Tom out or Tom leaves for better talent. Supposedly there was an issue between Kraft and Bill over Brady.

Bill bums out. Kraft does what Bill does to Brady 15 games before Bill gets winningest coach ever.

Its all so childish.

I get that it could have been 3 years of bad teams before Bill got the record and retired...and Kraft has a sports franchise to run...but its still all pretty silly.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I think that's been fairly obvious throughout his whole career. Nothing spoke more that he was done in NE then the clip last year when the Patriot player runs into the locker room after the game and gives O Brian a huge hug and celebrates, then sees Bill and acts like it's his owner and he just peed on the rug.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Brady had a FAR better roster in Tampa Bay than he did in latter day New England. Mike Evans has more talent in one hand than New England does in their entire WR room. And the Buccaneers had a defense too. They were sort of what the New York Jets are today, a team that truly looked to be a quarterback away. Jameis Winston threw 30 interceptions, and they still won 8 games.

That's a big reason why Brady left IMO. BB basically abandoned him on offense and didn't draft any talent, so he went to a roster stacked with it rather than try and carry Kendrick Bourne to a Super Bowl.

Belichick's personnel decisions are what ultimately ended the Patriots. In 2019, I think, everybody and their dog knew the Patriots needed a WR. At the end of the 1st, the top guy on the scouts' board was Deebo Samuel. Belichick ignored them and drafted N'Keal Harry because he was friends with Harry's college coach.

It's just casual arrogance like that that caused Bill to blow draft after draft until his roster core decayed to nothing.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Bottom line, without Brady,the pats don't win one SB under bb,who I believe is one of the most overrated head coaches of time..his record without Tom speaks for itself.
This line of thinking floors me. Every great coach had great QBs. Walsh had Montana and Young. Landry had Staubach. Steelers had Bradshaw. It’s history. Bill was already winning with Bledsoe. He also won with Cassell and Jimmy G when Brady was hurt. He was a great coach and game planner. His downfall was hubris as a GM. His plan worked for years…and then didn’t. Couldn’t win with zero talent.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
And he dresses like a slob!! :laugh:

Fun fact - Bill dresses like a slob because he doesn’t like the NFL’s wardrobe rules for coaches. He wore something nice but not NFL approved years ago and got in trouble for it, so he started dressing in a sloppy-yet-NFL-approved style.

CWR

Reaction score
Bill made a huge error by not riding with Brady to the end. It was clear in Tampa Tom could still play at a pro bowl level but needed better skill position players around him. The Pats refused to help him out and then declared him finished……. And then proceeded to suck for 4 seasons.
Agreed, but they have always gone with the philosophy of parting ways a year early, rather than a year late. You can't follow the same path with a generational qb.

Plankton

Reaction score
Why is Brady's father even speaking about this? Your son is almost 50 years old - he can speak for himself.

1942willys

Reaction score
Bottom line, without Brady,the pats don't win one SB under bb,who I believe is one of the most overrated head coaches of time..his record without Tom speaks for itself.
and here speaks a person that failed football 101

1942willys

Reaction score
This line of thinking floors me. Every great coach had great QBs. Walsh had Montana and Young. Landry had Staubach. Steelers had Bradshaw. It’s history. Bill was already winning with Bledsoe. He also won with Cassell and Jimmy G when Brady was hurt. He was a great coach and game planner. His downfall was hubris as a GM. His plan worked for years…and then didn’t. Couldn’t win with zero talent.
just amazes me how many fans think Tom Brady from day one ran the draft; approved the roster; hired the staff; and made the decisions about FA

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Fun fact - Bill dresses like a slob because he doesn’t like the NFL’s wardrobe rules for coaches. He wore something nice but not NFL approved years ago and got in trouble for it, so he started dressing in a sloppy-yet-NFL-approved style.
He dresses as if he once lived in Cleveland.