News: PFT: Tommy DeVito named NFC offensive player of the week

John813

Reaction score
He threw for a buck fifty and 1 TD and ran for 70 more

Don't see how that gets him the award over Hopkins, Levis, Purdy, McCaffery, Debo, Dak, Fields, Lamar, Joe Flacco, Zach Wilson (never thought I'd say this) or Njoku

This is an NFC award.
Your point still stands, but a good amount of players listed are in the AFC

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Tommy Devito same name as a character in "Goodfellas" and Monday just so happened to be the anniversary of the Lufthansa heist? Coincidence? :huh:

Plankton

Reaction score
Even before the game was "over" he made a couple plays. I'm just trying to give a young man his due respect.

His agent, however... Looks like he's straight from an old DeNiro film. Don't know how that plays. Haha
f01f9efe-ddcb-4513-ab11-2630e6ef3feb_text.gif

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm on board the Tommy Cutlets train. I'm very happy for him and he makes a great story.

Maybe he's the next Tony Romo? Undrafted rookie FA making waves. That's always a good thing.

His legend will grow if he can beat Philly at least once ... beat them twice, and this city will face an earthquake.

Toro9

Reaction score
All I want him to do is beat the Eagles and they can give him the MVP for that.

Good for NY, hope they have some fun, he seems like a good local kid from NJ.

Anything that keeps the Giants from drafting a QB early in this draft is probably good
Didn't they just re-sign Jones to a pretty big deal though anyway?

bottleKids

Reaction score
This has to be fan voted or something, and Giants fans decided to wake up for a week, right ?

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's a really low bar for offensive player of the week. Any other QB those numbers would be borderline pathetic.
However I do agree with you but they adding in his 71 yards rushing the fact that he wheeled that team to win in the second-half I mean his first half he looked like the player people thought he was before he went on this little run but yeah for an offensive player of the week that is kind of odd there were better players out there last week on O, id have to go look but hate to be homer but daks win over the eagles wasn't that more impressive :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm on board the Tommy Cutlets train. I'm very happy for him and he makes a great story.

Maybe he's the next Tony Romo? Undrafted rookie FA making waves. That's always a good thing.

His legend will grow if he can beat Philly at least once ... beat them twice, and this city will face an earthquake.
Why does it have to be the next Tony Romo, I actually think Sam Howell looks more like Tony Romo... This guy could just end up being the next Fitzpatrick the next really good backup quarterback that never really solidified his starting job... We've seen many backups like Joshua Dobbs and Mike white and many others hell right now over in the AFC you got Browning for the Bengals who's far more impressive in my opinion and and many more heck Joe flacos looked as good as davito and he is old as dirt....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can think of guys who deserved the award much more than Divito. I thought he played decent and avoided negative plays but so many other candidates were deserving