News: PFT: Travis Frederick had shoulder surgery, expected to take part in offseason work

conner01

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic that he’ll return to form.

Just curious why wait till now to have the surgery, assuming it’s not a new injury? Maybe they were holding off till his autoimmune issue was under control before risking surgery, I could see how that might complicate things, but if that’s not the case he should have had it and rehabbed on company time rather than during his offseason.
My assumption is they waited to see how issues went before surgery since the surgery is very minor

Beaker42

Reaction score
All effort was at healing the strongest limitation to Frederick's play, first. His body had to heal before the rehab for his shoulder could max out as it should be conducted...my guess.
Got it, thanks. Now it makes sense. Was hoping he wasn’t just putting it off to put it off.

Reaction score
With the nerve damage, he was probably playing through an injury to that shoulder, couldn't feel it, and it only exacerbated it through training camp. Maybe he's only discovered the injury after ramping up his workouts? Or maybe he/they knew of the injury but didn't want to operate until his body was ready for it?

Either way, we really missed Fredbeard out there getting the plays set and stonewalling LBs at the 2nd level. Looney outperformed expectations, though, and might have a shot at a starting position after next year.

Looney at OT? Doubtful. He's built and plays like guard/center through and through.
Competition is always good, but if Looney wins a position, it will mean either Fred beard hasn't made it back yet, Martin's knee is still effecting him, or Williams isn't ready yet.

bodi

Reaction score
love to have the guy back
but am not how realistic that is

so I look to draft one or pick up another one in FA