PFT: Wentz leads the NFL QBs in interceptions, fumbles and sack

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People keep calling out Wentz slobberers but I never actually see anyone defend him. Why are some of you obsessed with this guy and why does he keep appearing in the cowboys related section?
You never actually see anyone defend Wince???

Resized-l3-E6uh-DAN3-W7vylji-1.gif

Ken

Reaction score
Sacks aren't something the quarterback can do a lot about, that's more an o-line thing, the other two are more under the control of the quarterback, so I'd not include sacks in with the other two.

But that's just me...
Generally this is correct.

But when you watch Wentz...he holds the ball...and holds the ball....and holds the ball. This isn't like when haters on this site were trying to blame all of Dak's sacks on him when he was getting hit in record time. Wentz has options to go to...he tries to hold the ball for the big play instead of dumping it off or throwing it away. I pointed it out so many times last game.

He really has no feel for the position. He has nothing good about his game other than occasionally getting lucky and slipping out of a sack or short yardage. That's it.

He bulked up this offseason...not sure why. It has made him even worse.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Would any of you trade Dak to the Eagles for Wentz and two first round picks? They might take that deal right now.

Absolutely yes, in a heartbeat.

Keep Dalton as starter, keep Wentz as a backup, use the first-round picks to draft a QB and a desperately-needed safety or cornerback. Use the money freed up by getting rid of Dak to sign some other free agents.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Keep Dalton as starter, keep Wentz as a backup, use the first-round picks to draft a QB and a desperately-needed safety or cornerback. Use the money freed up by getting rid of Dak to sign some other free agents.
You realize we have to take on Wentz salary too right? lol. What a joke of a post.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The Eagles are stuck with the worst contract in all of professional sports.

Wentz is the worst starting QB in the league, and they have to pay him over $30 million/year.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.

cern

Reaction score
if so many of his own teammates hadn't labeled him a butt head, i could have a little sympathy for him. but too bad, so sad.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Generally this is correct.

But when you watch Wentz...he holds the ball...and holds the ball....and holds the ball. This isn't like when haters on this site were trying to blame all of Dak's sacks on him when he was getting hit in record time. Wentz has options to go to...he tries to hold the ball for the big play instead of dumping it off or throwing it away. I pointed it out so many times last game.

He really has no feel for the position. He has nothing good about his game other than occasionally getting lucky and slipping out of a sack or short yardage. That's it.

He bulked up this offseason...not sure why. It has made him even worse.

If he holds the ball for the big play, that's something that he can easily fix. Just ease off the big play tries. But if he holds the ball too long because he doesn't have the "clock in his head" that the great quarterbacks do, then there's little hope he can improve...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

So you want to pay Wentz and a first round rookie QB the same you would need to pay Dak...and hope the rookie is as good as Dak?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never been a fan of Wentz but I never saw this happening for him. Damn he’s bad. He’s literally been outplayed by every quarterback he’s faced and he’s played Daniel Jones twice and Ben Dinucci.

reddyuta

Reaction score
the lack of an OL Hence the sacks, no wrs to throw to, lack of run game and etc etc lead to him holding the ball too long or not having enough time..

there are reasons to why a QB regresses and this is obvious even as a DC fan , the dude has nothing on offense and so he looks like Dalton now LOL a 33mil Dalton but this was beginning to happen to dak at times in his a career ie 2017, 3-5 start in 2018 we went an got Ac for him, 2019 8-8, 2020 got him Lamb the beginning of this year the INt and Fumbles were up, when you have NO OL and start losing your stars

Take cooper and Lamb off this team and add dak back this season with this OL and im betting dak is struggling.. Goff went through a phase like this as well..Carr at one time was labeled a bust here, doesnt look like a bust now, Tannehill looked like a complete Bust, lifer at backup but an ACFCG now in his quiver and what not..

when you cant blocks and have no one getting open QBs tend to look broken..

hes pressing hard and that when mistakes happen in sports..I know piling on an opponent like the shegals and wentz is part of our DNA and im glad hes struggling but as sports fan i can see he doesnt suk, his team does..

thats a lame excuse.He has 2 great TEs and they have good WRs now and they drafted a Wr in 1st RD,his problem is lack of accuracy and really dumb mental mistakes.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Can't account for stupidity
Not so sure about that. Seems logical now w/Wentzie showing his true colors. Only a matter of time Hurts will start.
And?
Why is this here?
Last time I checked Wentz plays for another team.
Because SOME follow forum rules!
(I'm kidding @Hawkeye0202 ;))

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/carson-wentz-amongst-the-worst-qbs-in-2020.468932/

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pft-peterson-we-have-to-get-it-fixed-with-carson-wentz.469082/

lqmac1

Reaction score

Blackspider214

Reaction score
the lack of an OL Hence the sacks, no wrs to throw to, lack of run game and etc etc lead to him holding the ball too long or not having enough time..

there are reasons to why a QB regresses and this is obvious even as a DC fan , the dude has nothing on offense and so he looks like Dalton now LOL a 33mil Dalton but this was beginning to happen to dak at times in his a career ie 2017, 3-5 start in 2018 we went an got Ac for him, 2019 8-8, 2020 got him Lamb the beginning of this year the INt and Fumbles were up, when you have NO OL and start losing your stars

Take cooper and Lamb off this team and add dak back this season with this OL and im betting dak is struggling.. Goff went through a phase like this as well..Carr at one time was labeled a bust here, doesnt look like a bust now, Tannehill looked like a complete Bust, lifer at backup but an ACFCG now in his quiver and what not..

when you cant blocks and have no one getting open QBs tend to look broken..

hes pressing hard and that when mistakes happen in sports..I know piling on an opponent like the shegals and wentz is part of our DNA and im glad hes struggling but as sports fan i can see he doesnt suk, his team does..

It's going to be year 10 of this guy absolutely sucking and the same tired excuses come out about him and why he can't get it done. Remember, this guy is supposed to be great and makes his teammates better. Well, except he doesn't. He's a bottom of the tier QB right now. His decision making is horrid. He has no feel for the pocket. This dude struggled to win at home against a QB for us that looked like he got the job through a make a wish foundation and did not even know how to throw a ball. And ourQB was missing his whole line. So please stop with these lame excuses. It is now year 5 in his career and he has not improved at all. In fact, he has regressed each season since 2017. His whole career, he had one good stretch before he got hurt. That's it. In 2018, Foles came in and saved their season and got a playoff win.

This dude gets more excuses than anyone I have ever seen in the league. For some weird reason, so many Dallas fans on here desperately want to tell us why he isn't playing well. They want Wentz to succeed. When in reality, he just isn't good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's going to be year 10 of this guy absolutely sucking and the same tired excuses come out about him and why he can't get it done. Remember, this guy is supposed to be great and makes his teammates better. Well, except he doesn't. He's a bottom of the tier QB right now. His decision making is horrid. He has no feel for the pocket. This dude struggled to win at home against a QB for us that looked like he got the job through a make a wish foundation and did not even know how to throw a ball. And ourQB was missing his whole line. So please stop with these lame excuses. It is now year 5 in his career and he has not improved at all. In fact, he has regressed each season since 2017. His whole career, he had one good stretch before he got hurt. That's it. In 2018, Foles came in and saved their season and got a playoff win.

This dude gets more excuses than anyone I have ever seen in the league. For some weird reason, so many Dallas fans on here desperately want to tell us why he isn't playing well. They want Wentz to succeed. When in reality, he just isn't good.
actually i couldn't give less ________________ (insert not allowed language!)

on anything not cowboy related yet the mods let this post happen so ill post what my eyes tell me,this isnt supporting Wentz these are facts..