PFT: Werder on T.O. Snub

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
groo;2387322 said:
Other than MNF, I have not watched any ESPN for months because they simply have become more tabloid like TMZ. Seems like all those talking heads on ESPN always try to out-shout each other. And even when I watched MNF I mute those 3 clowns off. ESPN content absolutely sucks not to mentioned they are irresponsible yellow journalists for always trying stir up controversy about the Cowboys and more particularly TO.

I agree with everything you said. The MNF crew is flat our "irresponsible" both in who ever chose them and their commentary during the game.

The ONLY thing I like is when Kornholer calls out Jaws on something "five minutes ago you were praising that player and now he is dead to you" lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe ESPN should expand their programming options to increase viewership.

How about them arranging a steel cage/no holds barred/death match between Ed Werder and Nick Eatman? Now THAT'S entertainment worth watching!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Dakota;2387338 said:
ESPN can pull their money out any time they wish.
You're not kidding. I'm certain that NBC would gladly step in and take over their Monday Night Football package without even blicking twice about it.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
So what happens to Werder as a beat reporter if all Cowboys players just ignore him. I'm sure TO and the fans are not the only ones that think he is talentless prick.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2387256 said:
WERDER ON T.O. SNUB

Posted by Mike Florio on October 31, 2008, 2:10 p.m.

In response to the report that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens gave ESPN’s Ed Werder the Gail Cunningham treatment during a recent Q&A outside T.O.’s locker, we tracked down Werder for his reaction to the situation.

Here’s what Ed had to say. (Given our recent criticisms of ESPN, we were mildly surprised that Ed’s response was anything other than, “Next question.”)

“This seemed to become an issue following the Cowboys’ loss to the Commanders at Texas Stadium,” Werder told us via e-mail, ”when T.O. hinted in his postgame press conference that he did not feel he had been provided enough opportunities in the game. Since we had the opportunity to ask him directly, I did so. He responded he did not have enough opportunities.

“I included that the starting point in my postgame piece. I do not believe he has considered any of the questions I have posed to him since that time. But he has never told me the reason he declines to answer my questions, so the truth is that I do not know his motivation.”

So, as a reader has pointed out, the “next question” routine toward Werder apparently isn’t new. It’s been going on for a while. And for the same reason that the league encourages players to make themselves available to the media generally, we think that the NFL and the Cowboys should remind Mr. Owens that ESPN forks over $1.1 billion per year for the ability to telecast 17 regular-season games on Monday nights.
+

I cannot freakin' believe that moron just said that.

Oh wait, it's PFT... yeah, I can believe it.

So because a certain media source (if you can call it that) gives money to the NFL players should bend over backwards for them despite the fact that that media source continues to misquote him and/or make a mountain out of a molehill out of everything he says?

Sorry but **** ESPN.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I know the answer to this...

It's because Ed Werder is an *******.

Problem solved.

jwitten82

Reaction score
And someone should tell ESPN that if it wasnt for the Cowboys their ratings would be even lower.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Well there you go. Sometimes I tend to over analyze things when the answer is staring me right in the face.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
again you guys, all the players and the coaches talk to werder every week right on the field. Only owens avoids him.

and all he talks about is owens.

Its dumb.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys don't owe ESPN Jack or Jill.

Could ESPN function without the Cowboys? They sure do help to create the 'soap oprah'.

The Pacman fiasco was a gift to them for sure, but they sure enjoyed it.

The Browns beat the Giants badly, but all we heard about is "Tony Romo's pinkie. The Giants' poor play was over looked. How about covering the NFL and not just one team.

Can you imagine the preseason coverage if Brett Farve would have stayed retired?

:espn:

What about Sheshaun, Carter, Ditka, and Jackson bashing Owens before the Eagles game while the goof ball looked on dreaming about the 49ers' glory days?

They are lucky he talks to them at all after that hate fest.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
It's official: T.O. needs to keep this up for the remainder of the season.

The other option is he could start giving smart*** and insulting remarks to him (which is what I'd do)...that's basically what Parcells did.

*Insert question here*

T.O.: Now how in the world did you graduate journalism school? You're such an idiot, Ed. Really. You're just flat out stupid.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2387256 said:
WERDER ON T.O. SNUB

we think that the NFL and the Cowboys should remind Mr. Owens that ESPN forks over $1.1 billion per year for the ability to telecast 17 regular-season games on Monday nights.

and ESPN forks over about 2 billion per year printing fabricated lies and assumptions about Cowboys and their players

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/EdWerder.jpg​

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
jwitten82;2387371 said:
And someone should tell ESPN that if it wasnt for the Cowboys their ratings would be even lower.

Yep. That crappy network should be thanking the football God's for the performance Dallas put up in their lone MNF game.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Rack;2387360 said:
+

I cannot freakin' believe that moron just said that.

Oh wait, it's PFT... yeah, I can believe it.

So because a certain media source (if you can call it that) gives money to the NFL players should bend over backwards for them despite the fact that that media source continues to misquote him and/or make a mountain out of a molehill out of everything he says?

Sorry but **** ESPN.
Very, very, well said Rack. I couldn't agree more. :bravo:

**** ESPN

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2387430 said:
Yep. That crappy network should be thanking the football God's for the performance Dallas put up in their lone MNF game.
It was funny to me that even though Dallas won the game, the story was about how the Eagles didn't get blown out.

:rolleyes:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Talking to the media isnt mandatory is it?

Marion Barber doesnt talk to the media...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So when BSPN loses the contract in the next negotiations...they will blame TO...

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
i could care less how much money BSPN forks over to the NFL.The players dont see ANY OF IT!I dont blame TO for giving WERMER:D the brush off.