PFW draft value chart

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nolan Nawrocki writes that it is created with "considerable feedback from NFL teams" (whatever that really means), and it's interesting to see the value of some players Cowboys fans have discussed.

For instance, Reggie Nelson is an early-second round value, according to the charts, while Usama Young (a corner Dallas brought in that I thought was a late-round prospect) has a late second-round value.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/Value041007.htm

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I like how they do that. That's about how I imagined Jeff Ireland's board to look like.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
wait, troy smith 3c whats that mean? late third round talent?

gimmesix

Reaction score
theogt;1455775 said:
I like how they do that. That's about how I imagined Jeff Ireland's board to look like.

The way Ireland talked about it a few weeks ago, I'd think so. It seems that he has the draft picks grouped in tiers like that, so Dallas valuing one player over another when it picks might not be the case. It might simply be the Cowboys picking from a group of players they consider similarly valued like this.

(I don't like, however, that the players I want most in the first and second rounds are valued ahead of where we pick. :mad:)

gimmesix

Reaction score
the kid 05;1455787 said:
wait, troy smith 3c whats that mean? late third round talent?

Correct.

BLT

Reaction score
maybe its just me but i love the thought of trading down... im so glad i keep hearing about us trading down to get 2 2nd rounders... because basically i think that a late 1st and an early 2nd are basically the same thing in this years draft

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
the kid 05;1455790 said:
my how the once mighty have fallen then
He hasn't fallen. That's about where he was always projected.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
theogt;1455792 said:
He hasn't fallen. That's about where he was always projected.

are you cereal? i thought he was 2nd round not 3rd

BLT

Reaction score
the kid 05;1455793 said:

what i thought he was day 2... i know hes rated behind Kolb Edwards Stanton and other QBs hes probably even behind Palmer since Palmer has the mechanics and the Carson connection... i wouldnt be pissed if we took Palmer in the 5th.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
the kid 05;1455793 said:

BLT;1455796 said:
what i thought he was day 2... i know hes rated behind Kolb Edwards Stanton and other QBs hes probably even behind Palmer since Palmer has the mechanics and the Carson connection... i wouldnt be pissed if we took Palmer in the 5th.
Yeah, it's all fuzzy in that area. He could go late 3rd all the way to 5th round. He's certainly not now, nor has he ever been, a 2nd rounder.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
gimmesix;1455752 said:
Nolan Nawrocki writes that it is created with "considerable feedback from NFL teams" (whatever that really means), and it's interesting to see the value of some players Cowboys fans have discussed.

For instance, Reggie Nelson is an early-second round value, according to the charts, while Usama Young (a corner Dallas brought in that I thought was a late-round prospect) has a late second-round value.
Thanks for posting this. It's interesting.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mmillman;1455889 said:
I would like to see Dallas spend a late pick on Smardzija
Wasted draft pick. You only own the rights for one year. He isn't quitting baseball before draft day 2008.

Tristan

Reaction score
Tavaris Bain (sp?), is a real intriguing CB. From what I've read he has first round type physical atributes, he transfered from Miami to a small school.

He's kind of hard to scout because of the competition, but his skills are enticing. I like these kind of guys with late round picks.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Wimbo;1455896 said:
Here is another similar compilation. I think these make handy reference guides on draft day.
http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=9
\

Yeah, I like using these and Goose's top 100 when looking at who we draft.

Of course, I also know not to overvalue these charts because often players like Patrick Crayton, Pat McQuistan, etc., aren't even listed and some of those second-day values prove they should have received first-day consideration.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Am I reading this chart right?

Does his chart say there are only 15 players with 1 RD grades and only 15 with second RD grades???

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just having brain cramps. :confused:

Lurker49152

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1456222 said:
Am I reading this chart right?

Does his chart say there are only 15 players with 1 RD grades and only 15 with second RD grades???

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just having brain cramps. :confused:

You have to scroll down to see the defense.