Phil Simms says bad QB class but likes Curtis Painter as a potential sleeper

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CBS Video: Phil Simms says this is the worst quarterback class he's evaluated, but likes Curtis Painter as a potential sleeper; i didnt see anything worthwhile about him, but i tend to believe players that have played the pro game, and what they see on tape, etc, so i posted this;

Curtis Painter
QB, Purdue
CURTIS PAINTER MEASURABLES
Height: 6-2 Weight: 223
40-yard dash: 4.88 10-yard dash: 1.69
20-yard shuttle: 4.49 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 8-6 225-lb. bench:
3-cone drill: 7.00 Vertical jump: 29
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.84

War Room analysis
Strengths: Shows impressive footwork. Has a quick release. Is tough and a leader. Is smart and competes hard. Is accountable and productive. Has a very good pocket presence and is elusive. Will sacrifice his body to make a play.

Weaknesses: Lacks speed and is not a top-flight athlete. Is not a true running threat. Lacks good arm strength and struggles to get the ball downfield. Shows inconsistent accuracy.

Bottom line: Painter operated in a high-percentage passing offense, mostly out of the shotgun formation, during his college career. He has many of the mental attributes to make it in the NFL, but his questionable arm strength and terrible accuracy will hinder his ability to be anything more than a backup.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't like this guy at all. This guy won't even be a good 3rd QB option in the NFL, IMO.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2743301 said:
I don't like this guy at all. This guy won't even be a good 3rd QB option in the NFL, IMO.

i didnt like what i read about him either, was just posting what phil simms said