Philips: Barber Has A Good Chance To Returning Against Giants..

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Monday that Marion Barber (toe) returning in Week 15 against the Giants is a "good possibility."

Phillips called out the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for misquoting Jerry Jones, who allegedly questioned Barber's toughness in the newspaper. Phillips says MBIII's inactivity in Week 14 was the team's decision, not Barber's. "He's one of the toughest guys we have," Phillips said. The coach also revealed that Barber is dealing with a calf injury, in addition to his dislocated toe. Owners can again expect Barber to be a game-day decision in Week 15.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
So............ do Jerry and Wade ever communicate with each other? :confused:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Leaving the meddlesome owner out of the loop. The beginning of the end for Wade, perhaps?

newlander

Reaction score
Too much drama: so damn sick of it. Just win and shut UP already JJ.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I've inserted this in the Wade-to-English online dictionary, and came up with the following translation:

"Barber will be placed on IR by week's end."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RainMan;2474085 said:
I've inserted this in the Wade-to-English online dictionary, and came up with the following translation:

Please dont say that.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I wait untill Sun. nite when he is in uniform before I believe this

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys training staff is having an off year.

And I think Jerry should keep his mouth shut.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
RainMan;2474085 said:

Darn it!

You beat me to it. I had this joke all lined up after reading the thread title.:D

superpunk

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474005 said:
Phillips called out the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for misquoting Jerry Jones
Oh.....seriously?

It's like every new blurb I read about this team, my reaction is always the same.

http://img214.*************/img214/1382/facepalm2ly3.jpg

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2474084 said:
Oh great this will turn in to him having his leg amputated by Wed. :(

:( With the way this season is going, even that wouldn't surprise me.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
superpunk;2474099 said:
Oh.....seriously?

It's like every new blurb I read about this team, my reaction is always the same.

http://img214.*************/img214/1382/facepalm2ly3.jpg

This team is sensitive. That, I think, goes into some of our playoff problems.

A team like the Giants gets angry. Not only at the media for "disrespecting" them, but at opposing teams. And they're not afraid to say they're angry at the opponent, and their play reflects as much.

Us, though, we can get called out by one team after another, and unless it's a personal shot (Werder at TO; Kitna at Bradie James) it goes unnoticed. I don't get the sense there's ever a rallying cry inside that locker room abou having to prove to the media we're not prima donnas, prove to opponents we're not soft, make them pay for their comments, etc.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
This is great news, having Barber and now knowing what Choice is capable of doing is huge for us right now.

Now we just need Holland to be okay, because damn Proctor is BAD.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
RainMan;2474118 said:
This team is sensitive. That, I think, goes into some of our playoff problems.

A team like the Giants gets angry. Not only at the media for "disrespecting" them, but at opposing teams. And they're not afraid to say they're angry at the opponent, and their play reflects as much.

Us, though, we can get called out by one team after another, and unless it's a personal shot (Werder at TO; Kitna at Bradie James) it goes unnoticed. I don't get the sense there's ever a rallying cry inside that locker room abou having to prove to the media we're not prima donnas, prove to opponents we're not soft, make them pay for their comments, etc.

You don't think there was this week? Romo had a bad day, but I thought our defense absolutely used all that Pittsburgh Almighty Defense talk to motivate them, and they took it to the field.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
RainMan;2474085 said:

'Tis but a flesh wound

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Any word on Jenkins? I remember he hurt his hammy, but am drawing a blank if it was serious or not... hard to keep all the darn injuries straight ...sad to say

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2474145 said:
Any word on Jenkins? I remember he hurt his hammy, but am drawing a blank if it was serious or not... hard to keep all the darn injuries straight ...sad to say

wade said jenkins has a better chance to play than austin this week.

I have no idea what that means.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theebs;2474158 said:
wade said jenkins has a better chance to play than austin this week.

I have no idea what that means.

In Wade-speak, it means that Austin is comatose.:)