Philips: Barber Has A Good Chance To Returning Against Giants..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade Phillips tries to set record straight regarding Marion Barber's injuries
1:48 PM Mon, Dec 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Jerry Jones said he saw nothing that led him to believe Marion Barber wouldn't play in Pittsburgh until the Pro Bowl RB didn't board the plane. He reiterated later to a different group of reporters that, "His toe is good enough to play."

However, Wade Phillips has no problem with Barber not making the trip to Pittsburgh. Phillips said it was a decision made by the team's medical/athletic training staff, and he was aware that Barber would stay home well before the Cowboys boarded their plane.

Phillips said Barber's calf is a bigger problem at this point than his dislocated right pinkie toe. Barber strained the calf while running last week because he was compensating for his toe.

"I don't think anybody here - Jerry or myself - are questioning Marion Barber's toughness or those kind of things," Phillips said. "We did think he might be able to play because of the injury, but it turned out he couldn't. We're hoping to have him this week. He feels a lot better. I think there's a possibility, or a good possibility, that we'll have him this week."

In related news, the Cowboys PR staff removed the note about Jerry's comment regarding Barber from the clips package distributed to media, players and coaches. Phillips brought up Jerry's comments without prompting, suggesting that "sometimes the headline writer writes something different than actually what was written." Huh?

It sure sounds like Jerry regrets putting his foot in his mouth about Barber's toe.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2474177 said:
[In related news, the Cowboys PR staff removed the note about Jerry's comment regarding Barber from the clips package distributed to media, players and coaches. Phillips brought up Jerry's comments without prompting, suggesting that "sometimes the headline writer writes something different than actually what was written." Huh?

It sure sounds like Jerry regrets putting his foot in his mouth about Barber's toe.

When you never stop talking and you are drawn to every microphone and reporter's notepad like a rutting buck, you're bound to "put your foot in your mouth" occasionally.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2474177 said:
Phillips said Barber's calf is a bigger problem at this point than his dislocated right pinkie toe. Barber strained the calf while running last week because he was compensating for his toe.

Is our rehab field located on an old cemetery or something?

Reaction score
thisisepic;2474119 said:
This is great news, having Barber and now knowing what Choice is capable of doing is huge for us right now.

Now we just need Holland to be okay, because damn Proctor is BAD.

When Holland went down that seem to me when Romo started to see more pressure.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474005 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Monday that Marion Barber (toe) returning in Week 15 against the Giants is a "good possibility."

Phillips called out the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for misquoting Jerry Jones, who allegedly questioned Barber's toughness in the newspaper. Phillips says MBIII's inactivity in Week 14 was the team's decision, not Barber's. "He's one of the toughest guys we have," Phillips said. The coach also revealed that Barber is dealing with a calf injury, in addition to his dislocated toe. Owners can again expect Barber to be a game-day decision in Week 15.

This staff is a Joke! Those information we get about player's injuries are just jokes. Now Barber has more then a dislocated toe ?! Is this set up just to not let JJ look stupid because he may have questioned Barbers toughness or is this now the truth. And why now this information and not when it happend ?

I guess on thursday the'll put barber on IR.

I just can repeat - this is a joke. I don't belive anything Wade says. And i really don't think this non-information by wade is on purpose.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2474241 said:

Yes, and it's filled with dead Cowboy fans who questioned Jerrys GM abilities.

:nervous:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
lcharles;2474272 said:
Yes, and it's filled with dead Cowboy fans who questioned Jerrys GM abilities.

:nervous:

So that's where some of the long-time posters went.

Jerry puts on the grim reaper look and shows up at your door.

"Log off and come with me (lip-smack)."

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Chief;2474383 said:
So that's where some of the long-time posters went.

Jerry puts on the grim reaper look and shows up at your door.

"Log off and come with me (lip-smack)."

No no no. JJ would never lay hand on anybody. Why the heck do you think is he paying the teams medical staff ? :laugh1:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474005 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Monday that Marion Barber (toe) returning in Week 15 against the Giants is a "good possibility."

Phillips called out the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for misquoting Jerry Jones, who allegedly questioned Barber's toughness in the newspaper. Phillips says MBIII's inactivity in Week 14 was the team's decision, not Barber's. "He's one of the toughest guys we have," Phillips said. The coach also revealed that Barber is dealing with a calf injury, in addition to his dislocated toe. Owners can again expect Barber to be a game-day decision in Week 15.

So explain the misquote. :huh:

zeromaster

Reaction score
Chief;2474193 said:
When you never stop talking and you are drawn to every microphone and reporter's notepad like a rutting buck, you're bound to "put your foot in your mouth" occasionally.
q f t w

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2474241 said:

Yeap it's where all of Jerry's old faces are buried. :laugh1: