Twitter: Phillip Rivers talks Cowboys Defense - 09/26/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 17m
Philip Rivers: "Typical Monte Kiffin defense. They don't do a ton, but they do it well and will make you earn everything you get." #Cowboys

Philip Rivers: "I dont know if I would say this is a Tampa2 def. I know they play it but the middle of the field is closed most of the time"

Is Monte Kiffin's #Cowboys defense similar to what you see from Seattle? Chargers QB Philip Rivers: "I don’t think so."

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 17m
Philip Rivers: "Typical Monte Kiffin defense. They don't do a ton, but they do it well and will make you earn everything you get." #Cowboys

Philip Rivers: "I dont know if I would say this is a Tampa2 def. I know they play it but the middle of the field is closed most of the time"

Is Monte Kiffin's #Cowboys defense similar to what you see from Seattle? Chargers QB Philip Rivers: "I don’t think so."

Nice try, Rivers. I see what you did here.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Rivers is like the only QB I can think of that plays mind games.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More from Scandrick-Rivers love fest:
"I love Philip," Scandrick said. "Just from over the years competing with him, practicing with him, I love that guy, man. I got the world of respect for him. For a lot of years, 10 years for him, outside of his rookie year, nine of those years have been on his back. He's a stand-up guy, he takes so much of accountability. I remember watching him at North Carolina State when I was a kid, and now I'm playing against him. He's about as outstanding as they come, he's smart, he's tough and he's competitive.

Said Rivers: "He’s a heck of a competitor. He can play at the outside corner position, obviously, and he’s a real crafty guy there in the slot when he plays the nickel. I best describe him as 'a football player,' which means he’s just a complete player. He’s so competitive. He has a knack for making plays and he plays the ball well. He’s certainly a big contributor for them. I know with [the Cowboys having] Claiborne and [Brandon] Carr, but he’s also been outside and he comes in the nickel and third-down situations, so he’s a solid player for him."

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...lando-scandrick-has-respect-for-philip-rivers

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The guys on their defense called our offense dumbed down for romo...

Then they said he is easy to take out of the game and easy to rattle.

Absolutely no respect for romo.

I hope Austin is healthy and he goes off on them.

I heard josh lewin on the fan a couple weeks ago saying romo wasn't very good and that rivers has a much higher iq and is a much better player.

I really hope we kill them.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guys on their defense called our offense dumbed down for romo...

Then they said he is easy to take out of the game and easy to rattle.

Absolutely no respect for romo.

I hope Austin is healthy and he goes off on them.

I heard josh lewin on the fan a couple weeks ago saying romo wasn't very good and that rivers has a much higher iq and is a much better player.

I really hope we kill them.

See: http://cowboyszone.com/threads/chargers-de-key-is-rattling-tony-romo.267302/

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My take based on what Rivers intentionally said:
1) SD will attack the middle of the field
2) SD will attack Scandrick

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The mutual respect between Scandrick and Rivers - who are to B level players at best - is pretty cool to read.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
My take based on what Rivers intentionally said:
1) SD will attack the middle of the field
2) SD will attack Scandrick

If I remember correctly whisenhut went after scandrick a lot when we played Arizona in 08 and 10. Made the game winning play on us at scandricks expense in that insane loss in 2010.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's a great test for our D. If Rivers is back to his career norm (and not these last 2 mysterious years) then he's as good as anyone in the league, including the guy we will face after him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It's a great test for our D. If Rivers is back to his career norm (and not these last 2 mysterious years) then he's as good as anyone in the league, including the guy we will face after him.

He is a good player and it will be tough to slow them down on top of everything but especially because they blew a lead at the end of the game.

We do have one nice advantage this week, well two because it will be like a home crowd but Kyle Orton was McCoy's quarterback in Denver and played really well under him.

Orton should know everything there is to know about the offense, must help on some level.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He is a good player and it will be tough to slow them down on top of everything but especially because they blew a lead at the end of the game.

We do have one nice advantage this week, well two because it will be like a home crowd but Kyle Orton was McCoy's quarterback in Denver and played really well under him.

Orton should know everything there is to know about the offense, must help on some level.

This Cowboys D should be able to apply consistent pressure on Rivers. I see sacks, fumbles and INTs in his future. :D

Aven8

Reaction score

That's a great point! Forgot about that.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Wr Floyd is out.....Gates is in wonderland...

Royal is the biggest concern...in a way

blackbull

Reaction score
This defense is built to destroy. I have no worries. Only weak links are Durant (not that weak), Hayden and Selvie both of whom have yet to be put under the microscope. I don't think either will fall off with Rod/Kiffin coaching them. Every other position is legit........until injury hits. :(