Phillips: Marion Barber to play in Pittsburgh

JBS

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Wednesday morning that Marion Barber (toe) "would play" in Week 14 at Pittsburgh.

We'll see how MBIII makes it through practice, but Dallas didn't work out any free agent running backs early this week and appears to be counting on him. He may not practice much and his workload could be unclear heading into the game. Dec. 3 - 1:02 pm et

forgot to add the link lol - here it is for those "doubters"..

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=133433

bigE79

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2459369 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Wednesday morning that Marion Barber (toe) "would play" in Week 14 at Pittsburgh.

We'll see how MBIII makes it through practice, but Dallas didn't work out any free agent running backs early this week and appears to be counting on him. He may not practice much and his workload could be unclear heading into the game. Dec. 3 - 1:02 pm et
GREAT NEWS...MB3 BABY:star:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well, Wade and Houck left a crippled Flozell Adams in the game against AZ, too. What was that all about? I don't think MB will be anywhere as bad as Flo was that game but is Wade too loyal to his players?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I had no doubt that he would play but i still dont understand why we dont sign a backup RB just for depth. Injuries comes too easy in the NFL and to go into the stretch run with a banged up RB and a rookie well it doesnt exactly have me feeling comfortable...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
jobberone;2459388 said:
Well, Wade and Houck left a crippled Flozell Adams in the game against AZ, too. What was that all about? I don't think MB will be anywhere as bad as Flo was that game but is Wade too loyal to his players?

The coaching staff probably has more confidence in a crippled Flozell Adams than a Pat McQrap and Doug Freebo.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2459391 said:
I had no doubt that he would play but i still dont understand why we dont sign a backup RB just for depth. Injuries comes too easy in the NFL and to go into the stretch run with a banged up RB and a rookie well it doesnt exactly have me feeling comfortable...

I have to agree here. Running backs are a dime a dozen in this league, we should easily be able to pick one up off someones practice squad.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2459403 said:
I have to agree here. Running backs are a dime a dozen in this league, we should easily be able to pick one up off someones practice squad.

Where's the next Emmitt at ?

Jay

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2459403 said:

Totally agree as well. I mean seriously, Wade said that Coleman didn't do well enough in the preseason to be brought up, well.. then go find someone who can! Having one running back as a backup is a disaster in my opinion. I like Deon but as of right now he's our #3 RB--and we just can't do that. Imagine if Barber and Choice were to go down in a game? Then we've gotta use Curtis/Witten/Bennett as FB with Deon Anderson as our RB? Seriously....

I'm not sure if we're just waiting or looking for the right player but I do NOT feel comfortable going the rest of the season with just Barber and Choice. We need 3 running backs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2459369 said:
We'll see how MBIII makes it through practice...
I hope he didn't practice, and doesn't practice at all this week.

IOW, I hope the first chance he gets to hit somebody is Sunday in Pittsburgh.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Was never a doubt in my mind.

The man said he would play, and acted as if he didn't even know he was injured.

His heart is too big. The man will play.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Vintage;2459400 said:
The coaching staff probably has more confidence in a crippled Flozell Adams than a Pat McQrap and Doug Freebo.

Well that truly sucks. But he still could have doubled him more. And a one armed LT just doesn't get it and it may cost us a SB. Yes, one stupid play in one game. Not sure I'm ever going to let that go.

percyhoward;2459772 said:
I hope he didn't practice, and doesn't practice at all this week.

IOW, I hope the first chance he gets to hit somebody is Sunday in Pittsburgh.

In the press conference he said it all looked positive for both Ware and MB, they would practice Friday, and they would go with that. He also stated if MB couldn't go then they had to look at calling a RB up. "Someone has to run the ball", he said.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
The Bad field and weather are tailor made for Barber!, I sure hope he's effective.

Nav22

Reaction score
Awesome news.

After an injury-riddled year, it was almost comical to see Barber and Ware limp off the field on Thanksgiving. Seemed like we were simply doomed in '08, and I expected both injuries be somewhat severe.

Two MAJOR bullets dodged if Barber and Ware are indeed okay.