Philly’s first Tush Push

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think reasonable people can disagree. But man, even if you accept that the 4th-down conversion is automatic from the bad spot and a punt would be automatic from the good spot, it's one first down, on their side of the field, on the first drive of the game. Giving up a time out and especially taking yourself down to one possible challenge the rest of the game is an awfully high price.
I don't think it's a high price at all. A challenge can't get you more than that.

You're paying for a second chance at scoring first and capturing the momentum of the game after squabbling away your opening drive. It's no different than, say, burning a timeout to get the personnel on the field that you li.ke

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That’s the issue I have with NFL challenges - everything should be open to challenge, including penalties. Don’t want to include penalties? Fine, but all else should be fair game.

Philly probably still goes for it if 4 & 2, and probably gets it, but changes the play-call from the virtually automatic shove to something that has a chance of being defended.
More like 4th& 3 I thought.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I doubt it. 4th & 1, he knows it's a layup. There's literally no risk given their success rate. 4th & 2, you're closer to 50/50. Even for them. I think he punts given its the 1st quarter.
Well, considering how they blew our line back on the next play, it's a moot point.

JustChip

Reaction score
I doubt it. 4th & 1, he knows it's a layup. There's literally no risk given their success rate. 4th & 2, you're closer to 50/50. Even for them. I think he punts given its the 1st quarter.
Maybe. Sirriani isn’t at Staley’s level, and it being the opening drive, but I would’ve expected him to go for it. Being the opening drive would actually increase the odds he would because they then have the whole game to overcome. Plus, they get the ball 1st in the 2nd half.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
While we're at it.....I think we should make a rule that Patrick Mahomes can't throw to Travis Kelce.

They're very good at doing thar...and it would be safer if they didn't throw passes to Kelce

Southern0005

Reaction score
Need try take cheap shot the center and ol. There’s pile there. Take your shot. They will stop doing it if their players get hurt. They want play rugby then play rugby.
Dallas is too soft to take “shots”. You see the hilarious one where they drive 3-4 yards with parsons flopping on top like a dying fish.