Photo of Cowboys first ever training camp (1960)

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I was wrong about Perkins not getting to Dallas until 1962, but it is really 1961. So either that 43 is someone else or that pic isn't from the 1960 team.

https://www.nfl.com/players/don-perkins/stats/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Perkins

No Perkins was not an original Cowboys. The original Cowboys are the ones that were on the 1960 team.

I guess he was and he wasn’t. If you read down in the Wikipedia article you will see that he was signed to be a member of the team in 1960, and in that sense he was one of the original Cowboys. But it says that he injured his foot in training camp and did not play during the season. So I’m pretty sure that’s him, number 43 in the front row

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I guess he was and he wasn’t. If you read down in the Wikipedia article you will see that he was signed to be a member of the team in 1960, and in that sense he was one of the original Cowboys. But it says that he injured his foot in training camp and did not play during the season. So I’m pretty sure that’s him, number 43 in the front row

Just like now even if a rookie goes on IR right from training camp they are still listed as being on the team that season. Both wikipedia and NFL site list Perskins first actual season with the Cowboys as 1961. Yes I read that Murchanson sign Perkins to a personal service contract in 1960 and having to give the colts a 9th round pick in 1961 and the foot problem but again the NFL's own site lists Perkins first season as 1961 too. It's really neither here nor there and I'll go9 with whatever you say on this.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Just like now even if a rookie goes on IR right from training camp they are still listed as being on the team that season. Both wikipedia and NFL site list Perskins first actual season with the Cowboys as 1961. Yes I read that Murchanson sign Perkins to a personal service contract in 1960 and having to give the colts a 9th round pick in 1961 and the foot problem but again the NFL's own site lists Perkins first season as 1961 too. It's really neither here nor there and I'll go9 with whatever you say on this.

No man it’s all good. I don’t know if I ever knew, or I had forgotten That Perkins was on I R that year and did not play. You would think that as a three-year-old I would’ve paid closer attention to the team with nothing better to do at that age. So I have learned something From our exchange. Which at my advancing age I will no doubt forget before long

Diehardblues

Reaction score
s-l300.jpg.cf.jpg

1960 team photo with names