Pick one of these 3 for HC

fivetwos

Reaction score
Another problem w Meyer is his long term commitment is doubtful.

....and there cant be another HC in waiting scenario like last time.

Jerry and all these genius ideas that seem logical to him. I mean really, the guy the guy has got to be the dumbest billionaire alive.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I’ll worry about a coach sticking around AFTER he wins a Super Bowl here. I doubt any strong, accomplished coach will stay long. If you want longevity in a coach here, you’ll need someone light Jason.

Would rather keep searching then every 4 years.

birdwells1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys hire Jim Harbaugh as head coach I will become a Cowboys hater. That would definitely be the last straw from Mr. Jones.

Ron Rivera *yawn*

Give me the guy who has actually won championships as a head coach.

Why? I'm asking seriously.

GenoT

Reaction score
Harbaugh.

He had a solid NFL playing career and, as a coach, took the Niners to the playoffs every year, including a SB appearance.

Something to consider: because he’s now coaching at the college level, JH is familiar with the skill sets of various college players and young NFLers, and because he also coached in the NFL, he might reasonably predict how certain college players would perform in the pros and, specifically, in his Off and Def systems. Therefore, we might steal a productive player or two in the draft, trade or in FA.

The biggest question would be, could Jim Harbaugh work under Jerry Jones — seeing as how both tend to be control-oriented. However, seeing as how JH understands the dynamic of the pro game, I’d bet he and JJ could make it work.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys hire Jim Harbaugh as head coach I will become a Cowboys hater. That would definitely be the last straw from Mr. Jones.

Ron Rivera *yawn*

Give me the guy who has actually won championships as a head coach.

Will you quit posting here?

If you'll quit posting then I'm going to root for Harbaugh to get the job.

I would even keep Garrett over you...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Harbaugh and Meyer both have you wondering if they will stick around if the get to a SB. Both have a history of moving on after hitting a goal.
why I'm for Riley over both
I could see Meyer coaching here for three years and then he gets tired of the Joneses. He leaves and the Joneses find someone they feel comfortable with (Moore, Witten, Lee).

:thumbdown:

Gameover

Reaction score
Harbaugh

I’ve wanted Harbaugh to coach this team since he was the QB coach @ San Diego State

MetalMike

Reaction score
None of them, especially Urban. Even though he's a proven winner he has way too much baggage. I say hire Troy Aikman. He understands the Cowboy way and I believe he's smart enough to get things done so that JJ will feel like he's getting his way. I also believe Aikman would let the players know what it takes to get to the top. A Cowboy legend, a proven winner and a fan favorite. Not an oft-traveled retread. Can't do any worse.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer

Ron Rivera

Jim Harbaugh

who would you hire and why?
I would just say....please give us three reasons why we can believe Jerry will hire a coach with some authority like Urban Meyer. I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t think Jerry will hire anyone empowered with any real authority. I expect another Chan Gailey or Coach Cupcake.

Proof

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is the coach with the greatest upside / mystery. Very successful college coach who has not coached in the big leagues. He was able to succeed without having a "Top" college QB and seems to understands the value of getting the ball to his playmakers and adjusting his offenses to do just that.

Jim and Ron are probably the safer picks as both were able to get to Super Bowls with less than prototypical QBs. They also both seem to understand the value on the Defense side of the ball and would hopefully bring balance to Big D.

I would probably give Urban the slightest of leads. With his history of putting players in positions to succeed, I believe he could do wonders with our current roster. He comes with a bit more risk than a Harbaugh or Rivera, but if he can do in the NFL what he has done in the NCAA, then he will be just fine.

In any case, any of them should be better than the "just beat the man in front of you" B.S. we have seen the past decade+.

JMHO

pretty much. Meyer has the lower floor and higher ceiling. I want the ceiling

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we stop with rivera? 3 winning seasons out of 9. We already have that guy.

I would take either of the other 2. JH had amazing success in his 4 seasons. I think Meyer has the presence and personality to lead the team while still coddling the manchild owner.