Pick one of these 3 for HC

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Meyer might get disenchanted with the deal that Jerry would try to limit him with. He'll probably want more say-so than Jerry would see fit to relinquish. If he'd be willing to make the demanded concessions of authority, maybe he'd do. He'd still have to adjust to the pro game, though.

Harbaugh is a hot tempered type who wouldn't be likely to put up with Jerry, nor be limited to the control restrictions that Jerry would insist upon.

Ron Rivera has more of the patient demeanor that Jerry might be able to co-exist with. How he'd fare with the talent at hand is anyone's guess.
I'd say he'd have the best chance to live with what that this FO is looking for and I feel he and Stephen would likely prefer him over the rest.

I'd say it's a tie between Rivera and Meyer in my estimation but needless to say, Jerry always likes to serve as the tie-breaker.
I believe I'll simply allow him to perform that function, since he'd certainly be sure to do so anyway (what with being the GM and all.) ;)

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
None....I keep Garrett in Limbo. If Zimmer is fired by the Vikings for losing in the playoffs again, I hire him. If not, I give Garrett one more season if I can talk him into it, and I hire Zimmer next season when his contract expires.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Urban he's won big everywhere he's gone. He is a fiery guy has a relationship with Zeke. He's great with QBs.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
None....I keep Garrett in Limbo. If Zimmer is fired by the Vikings for losing in the playoffs again, I hire him. If not, I give Garrett one more season if I can talk him into it, and I hire Zimmer next season when his contract expires.
Why don't we give him 5 more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Urban Meyer is the coach with the greatest upside / mystery. Very successful college coach who has not coached in the big leagues. He was able to succeed without having a "Top" college QB and seems to understands the value of getting the ball to his playmakers and adjusting his offenses to do just that.

Jim and Ron are probably the safer picks as both were able to get to Super Bowls with less than prototypical QBs. They also both seem to understand the value on the Defense side of the ball and would hopefully bring balance to Big D.

I would probably give Urban the slightest of leads. With his history of putting players in positions to succeed, I believe he could do wonders with our current roster. He comes with a bit more risk than a Harbaugh or Rivera, but if he can do in the NFL what he has done in the NCAA, then he will be just fine.

In any case, any of them should be better than the "just beat the man in front of you" B.S. we have seen the past decade+.

JMHO
With Meyer, a guy that is as detail oriented as he is wont have much of a problem making a jump to the NFL as a guy like Chip Kelly. His coaching qualities translate to the NFL

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
If the Cowboys hire Jim Harbaugh as head coach I will become a Cowboys hater. That would definitely be the last straw from Mr. Jones.

Ron Rivera *yawn*

Give me the guy who has actually won championships as a head coach.

Which one, the guy that retired because he wanted to stay home with his family, then came back, then retired again because of health issues?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Harbaugh has been my #1 choice since the start of the process:

-Has a track record of NFL Success. Took a once storied franchise that was a bottom feeder to a play away from winning the title
-Was able to assemble an all-star coaching staff
-Has experience developing young QB's

Cowboyny

Reaction score
People have to take in account Meyer's long-term health. We have no idea how long he will be able to coach.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
People have to take in account Meyer's long-term health. We have no idea how long he will be able to coach.
It's the only knock on him. I would assume he's not taking a job unless he believes he's healthy enough to coach.

GMO415

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh because he has been successful for two separate programs.