pics from this weekends mini-camp?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Actually, not intended to offend you older fans, but baggy shorts aren't just meant to look cool, they offer alot of movement, it is easier to run and move in them. They also add "Breathibility" for certian..... You get the point. In other words, they are A LOT more comfortable, that is why even BLEDSOE who is the furthest thing from a thug is rockin some baggy shorts. Hell Parcells isn't wearing tight shorts either in the pic of him and Singleton. :)

...there is a tie to us "older" fans on the reason why baggy shorts are "cool" nowadays. They are a tie in to the "thug life" of the 70's when the US Penitentiary system went to standardized prison uniforms with only a few sizes fits all.

Alot of convicts were given clothes and pants three to fours sizes too large and a style came out of that culture and was brought back onto the streets when many of these young men reintegrated into society.

Obviously there is a happy medium with comfort and style, but I would agree that shorts which are excessively baggy would be more a hindrance than just cool comfort.

At some point it gets to be beyond practicality and function. You should see some of the local high school sports teams in our area. Kids with size 22 waists asking for shorts fitting 34-38"??? What's with that?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/Cowboys/Barnes.jpg

Far be it from me to make a final decision based on a picture (Hos, you listening? :D), but I'm pretty sure he dropped that pass.

Just for the record...

Incorrect

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/Cowboys/JonEvans.jpg
Correct.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tell you what... there's some things I remember from when I was a kid that I compare to nowadays and it just isn't the same, the old days, in that regard, are much better (cartoons for example. :D)

But the shorts kids wear nowadays are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better then then "nut huggers" worn back in the old days. Hell, I was issued "Nut Huggers" as recently as HIGH SCHOOL (graduated '91).

I practice football (semi-pro) 3 days a week, most of the time we just go shorts and shells. I couldn't imagine working out now wearing those dang things. Sorry, but the baggier shorts, 1) look better , 2) won't cause me to be sterile, 3) offer much more mobility, and 4) much more breathability. I'm almost ashamed that I ever wore those little shorts in my life. I want to find the "designer" that thought of them and kick his merry a**.

:D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:

Far be it from me to make a final decision based on a picture (Hos, you listening? :D), but I'm pretty sure he dropped that pass.
You are correct.

I didn't get the just for the record thing, but ah well mistakes happen

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ROFL, Rack.

Those baggy shorts are a total disgrace!

All well-muscled, finely-tuned, well-endowed young athletes should wear shorts no looser (OR LONGER) than the ones basketball great John Stockton hung onto for so long...in fact, it is Stockton who the league should have captaining the "uniform police" on game days.

VirusX

Reaction score
Holy cow those are some guns for such a little guy heh. I guess hes working on his str so he wont get stripped this year parcells is such a stickler about turnovers ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
ROFL, Rack.

Those baggy shorts are a total disgrace!

All well-muscled, finely-tuned, well-endowed young athletes should wear shorts no looser (OR LONGER) than the ones basketball great John Stockton hung onto for so long...in fact, it is Stockton who the league should have captaining the "uniform police" on game days.

LTN, you are a naughty girl!

Does John Stockton even have kids? Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Having your *ahem* testies strangled like that for so long can do some serious damage.

I still have a pair of those nut huggers I wore in high school. I have no idea how I ever fit into them (besides the fact I weighed 45 lbs less back then ).

I didn't get the just for the record thing, but ah well mistakes happen

I was just showing the "How to" and "How not to" catch a pass pics. Incase you didn't notice, I'm not a big fan of Barnes'. I'm hoping Polite takes the job this year, but in the end "May the best man win."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
I was just showing the "How to" and "How not to" catch a pass pics. Incase you didn't notice, I'm not a big fan of Barnes'. I'm hoping Polite takes the job this year, but in the end "May the best man win."
Funny, I got it like way after I made the post. Brainfart, that happens alot to me too...:cool:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Rack said:
Does John Stockton even have kids? Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Having your *ahem* testies strangled like that for so long can do some serious damage.

I dunno, dude. I've worn briefs exclusively my whole life and I have three kids. Your shorts have nothing to do with it. Having huge, floppy shorts doesn't mean a thing since most guys wear underwear.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I can see Julius has worked on his upper body. Good lord, he's big.

first thing i noticed too. Man, combine the strength he's probaly gained with his speed and great footwork I see him posting atleast 1,500 assuming the O-Line plays well.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tass said:
I dunno, dude. I've worn briefs exclusively my whole life and I have three kids. Your shorts have nothing to do with it. Having huge, floppy shorts doesn't mean a thing since most guys wear underwear.

Dude, it was a joke.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Actually, not intended to offend you older fans, but baggy shorts aren't just meant to look cool, they offer alot of movement, it is easier to run and move in them. They also add "Breathibility" for certian..... You get the point. In other words, they are A LOT more comfortable, that is why even BLEDSOE who is the furthest thing from a thug is rockin some baggy shorts. Hell Parcells isn't wearing tight shorts either in the pic of him and Singleton. :)

Yeah, well that's the ONLY pic were Parcells isn't wearing tight shorts then... :puke:

starfrombirth

Reaction score
anyone notice how horrible Romo's throwing motion looks? It looks like he is bending over sideways to throw the ball sidearm. And people knock on Henson's motion? Jeesh! :banghead:

silver

Reaction score
zorg222 said:
Yeah, well that's the ONLY pic were Parcells isn't wearing tight shorts then... :puke:

forget the shorts, how can he stand wearing a sweatshirt in this freaking heat?