Picture this: Priceless and Poetic Justice

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Goodell handing the superbowl trophy to MVP Pacman Jones.

Could you imagine the grin on Pacman's face? It would be hilarious. Is there anyone worse than Pacman in Goodell's eyes?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
0000004286_20060919221138.jpg

Picture it, Tampa, Florida in February...

Temo

Reaction score
ninja;2431278 said:

Could you imagine the grin on Pacman's face? It would be hilarious. Is there anyone worse than Pacman in Goodell's eyes?

Mike Vick. Think about it... a franchise QB, one of the most recognizable faces of the league, in a big market... going to prison for multiple years. And lying. The only thing that could possibly have been worse is a murder arrest for a high profile player, or a referee scandal involving gambling.

(oh wait, the ref thing did happen, last week, and it was hushed-up effectively by the NFL. Never mind!)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If ever there was a time to use this smilie, it is now....

:bang2:

Sometimes I wish Pacman wasn't a Cowboy so we wouldn't have to hear about him. He'd be just another player on the list, similar to Odell Thurman, Mike Vick, Koren Robinson, Mike Anderson and Rashard Anderson (Wonder how many have even heard of this guy).

Nav22

Reaction score
(oh wait, the ref thing did happen, last week, and it was hushed-up effectively by the NFL. Never mind!)
It was an illegal forward pass, and the right call.

Look at where Tomlinson's feet are when the ball left his hand, and look at where the WR's feet are when he CATCHES the ball.

Temo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2431304 said:

Sometimes I wish Pacman wasn't a Cowboy so we wouldn't have to hear about him. He'd be just another player on the list, similar to Odell Thurman, Mike Vick, Koren Robinson, Mike Anderson and Rashard Anderson (Wonder how many have even heard of this guy).

Rae Curruth probably wasn't the most high profile guy, but he probably committed the worse offense (depending on how you view OJ Simpson).

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ninja;2431278 said:

Maybe Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly since Goody is a Skins fan! :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nav22;2431312 said:

Look at where Tomlinson's feet are when the ball left his hand, and look at where the WR's feet are when he CATCHES the ball.

It was correct to penalize the Chargers for an illegal forward pass during the play, but that is not the whole story.

It was also the wrong call because during the illegal forward pass the ball did not hit the ground. The play doesn't stop and should run to its conclusion. The conclusion was that Pitt picked up the ball after a legal lateral and scored a TD. By rule Pitt had the right to decline the penalty and keep the TD.

The ref got the penalty call right, but screwed up the whole situation.

Temo

Reaction score
Nav22;2431312 said:

Two things here:

1. If an illegal forward pass is incomplete (it hits the ground), the play is dead at the point of the infraction. If the pass is complete, then the play continues and the other team has the option of declining the foul.

The referee even admitted after the game that it was ruled incorrectly... not that the actual illegality of the pass, but that the infraction should have been able to be declined.

2. And more important... what did it matter? Regardless of whether it was a legal play, why was there an initial challenge and then 10 minutes of discussion? The steelers won anyway, never do officials discuss inconsequential plays for that long. Unless, of course, that play wasn't inconsequential... i.e. there were gambling interests (the touchdown covered the spread for the Steelers).

Listen, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. If I really had to say something, I'd say there was no conspiracy. But there should have been some outrage, some discussion. Instead, it was hushed up conveniently by the NFL and people just moved on.

The NFL really is the Teflon league. If an inconsequential end-of-the-game spread-covering shot was discussed for 10 minutes in the NBA, people would have been all over this.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Temo;2431328 said:
Two things here:

1. If an illegal forward pass is incomplete (it hits the ground), the play is dead at the point of the infraction. If the pass is complete, then the play continues and the other team has the option of declining the foul.

The referee even admitted after the game that it was ruled incorrectly... not that the actual illegality of the pass, but that the infraction should have been able to be declined.

2. And more important... what did it matter? Regardless of whether it was a legal play, why was there an initial challenge and then 10 minutes of discussion? The steelers won anyway, never do officials discuss inconsequential plays for that long. Unless, of course, that play wasn't inconsequential... i.e. there were gambling interests (the touchdown covered the spread for the Steelers).

Listen, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. If I really had to say something, I'd say there was no conspiracy. But there should have been some outrage, some discussion. Instead, it was hushed up conveniently by the NFL and people just moved on.

The NFL really is the Teflon league. If an inconsequential end-of-the-game spread-covering shot was discussed for 10 minutes in the NBA, people would have been all over this.

In the majority of cases it would be inconsequential. There is always the possibility that the TD could come back to be very important. Far down on the tie breaker list is points and TDs, so a last second TD could determine whether a team makes the playoffs or not. Realistically, it probably won't be a factor for the Steelers this year or the Chargers, but the possibility does exist.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ob1gui/nflrules.htm

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
ninja;2431278 said:

Yeah, Simpleton Fans.......................

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2431324 said:
Maybe Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly since Goody is a Skins fan! :)

Not related to the topic at hand, but your sig has a grammatical error.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2431304 said:

Few, if any, of the Jones appologists will have any clue who Rashard is and a few have already admited to knowing next to nothing about Thurman but have decided his actions, and multiple infractions were far worse and worthy of all the suspension time he's gotten.

Of course they don't wear a Star on their helmet so they're not being mistreated by the league.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Goodell doesn't hate Pacman. He's tired of it all as he admitted and so would most of us be. I'd imagine he has a great deal of compassion and perhaps even empathy.

Nav22

Reaction score
joseephuss and Temo, you guys are right and I stand corrected. It is interesting that the spread would've been covered if the TD stood.

Even if the NFL is covering it up publicly, Goodell better be all over this like white on rice.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Temo;2431317 said:
Rae Curruth probably wasn't the most high profile guy, but he probably committed the worse offense (depending on how you view OJ Simpson).

They are both dirtbags....
That is enough.