Pitt's D has yet to give up 300 yards of offense

The Panch

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455418 said:
Pitt gets a lot of turnovers, which is what limits their opponetns from racking up yards.
They're actually not too special as far as forcing turnovers. They're towards the middle. Polamalu is really the only play maker in their secondary. And only one other guy has multiple INTs(2). They're the best red zone defense in football and pretty solid on 3rd down which helps alot.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
The Numbers:

The Steelers are ranked 1st in every statistical defensive category there is (according to FoxSports.com)

The Steelers are ranked 20th or worse in every offensive category there is (according to FoxSports.com)

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2455504 said:
The Numbers:

The Steelers are ranked 1st in every statistical defensive category there is (according to FoxSports.com)

The Steelers are ranked 20th or worse in every offensive category there is (according to FoxSports.com)

So that should average to being the 10th best team in football. Lol

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Reading all this hype that everyone is giving about Pittsburg, I was certain that they must be 12-0!

I so surprise to go look and see that they are actually 9-3 which includes wins of 5, 4, 3, and 1 point. That's 4 games that could have easily gone the other way and we'd be looking at a 5-7 team.

Joe Flacco and LeRon McClain hung 20 points on them in Pittsburg Jax hung 21 points on them. I think our offensive can do even better than that.

We pounded the Browns 28-10 in the opener. The next week Pitt squeaked out a 10-6 win against the same team.

Their Offensive is in the bottom 10 in the league.

We beat Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson as our QB. I think we can not be scared of Pittsburg with Tony Romo at QB.

Can we please stop making these guys out to be the most dominant and feared team ever? This isn't like the Pats game last year, but everyone is acting like it is.

The Panch

Reaction score
cobra;2455526 said:
Reading all this hype that everyone is giving about Pittsburg, I was certain that they must be 12-0!

I so surprise to go look and see that they are actually 9-3 which includes wins of 5, 4, 3, and 1 point. That's 4 games that could have easily gone the other way and we'd be looking at a 5-7 team.

Joe Flacco and LeRon McClain hung 20 points on them in Pittsburg Jax hung 21 points on them. I think our offensive can do even better than that.

We pounded the Browns 28-10 in the opener. The next week Pitt squeaked out a 10-6 win against the same team.

Their Offensive is in the bottom 10 in the league.

We beat Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson as our QB. I think we can not be scared of Pittsburg with Tony Romo at QB.

Can we please stop making these guys out to be the most dominant and feared team ever? This isn't like the Pats game last year, but everyone is acting like it is.
Their defense is every bit as good as advertised and that's what mostly everyone is referring to.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2455506 said:
So that should average to being the 10th best team in football. Lol

I actually do the math and weigh categories (eg tackles weight less than yards allowed), and they come out 6th :) Cowboys are 13th. Check the rankings here.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
The Panch;2455540 said:
Their defense is every bit as good as advertised and that's what mostly everyone is referring to.

Is it? Then why are they about 12 points away from being 5-7?

And what about our offense? Is it chopped liver?

Again, Tampa Bay's defense is pretty dang good, too, and we beat them with Brad Fricking Johnson. The difference between Tampa Bay and Pittsburg's defense is probably less than the difference between a Brad Johnson led offense and a Tony Romo led offense.

Yeah, it's going to be real hard. Their defense is tough. But their offense is crap. Our defense should be doing quite well against them.

As tough a challenge as it is for offense, you guys are WAY over-hyping Pittsburg.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;2455563 said:

Again, Tampa Bay's defense is pretty dang good, too, and we beat them with Brad Fricking Johnson. The difference between Tampa Bay and Pittsburg's defense is probably less than the difference between a Brad Johnson led offense and a Tony Romo led offense.

Yeah, it's going to be real hard. Their defense is tough. But their offense is crap. Our defense should be doing quite well against them.

As tough a challenge as it is for offense, you guys are WAY over-hyping Pittsburg.
there defense is the best this season but there offense sucks. the defensive hype and credit is justified but as a team they are overrated.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Rampage;2455569 said:
the defensive hype and credit is justified but as a team they are overrated.

We're playing the team. This is not just a matchup against their defense.

This is a winnable game. It's being talked up as if it is David v. Goliath. "How are we ever going to stand a chance against this Defense at their home! Oh me, I whizzed my pants!"

The Panch

Reaction score
cobra;2455563 said:

You make no sense.

1. What did I say? People were talking about their defense, not their offense.

2. We didnt beat the Bucs because of Brad Johnson. We beat the Bucs cause of our defense. We only scored 13 points with one TD in that game that came from a drive that started from the 40 yard line and included three penalties in our favor, two of them on 3rd down.

3. Maybe you're WAY over-hyping us cause last time I checked, they're 9-3 and we're 8-4.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;2455582 said:
We're playing the team. This is not just a matchup against their defense.

This is a winnable game. It's being talked up as if it is David v. Goliath. "How are we ever going to stand a chance against this Defense at their home! Oh me, I whizzed my pants!"

Certainly not David v. Goliath. Steelers are a 3 point favorite as I would've guessed. You'll see more and more "experts" pick the Cowboys as the week moves on. Expect the spread to be down to 2 by Sunday.

Someone earlier in the thread nailed it. I also am reminded of the Bears game. I also see this playing out in a similar fashion. Close for 2-3 quarters and we pull away late. Romo will be the difference, he'll be the story here.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
This game is a great opportunity for the Cowboys.

They've got this history of sinking every December and they're desperate to shake that and prove that this year is different. Go from being "the hunted" in December to "the hunter."

Here they are, on a roll. They have Romo back and he's looking great. The offensive line is playing better. Barber looks like he'll be able to play. The defense is playing better in recent weeks.

They're going up to Pittsburgh to play a physical team with a great defense. The weather may be bad.

It's just a great opportunity for them to flex their muscles, get physical, get bloody, and mix it up in the mud with an AFC contender on the road. It could be a statement game.

It'll be good for Wade. Good for Garrett. Good for the team.

I'm excited about this game more than any others this year. I hope the team is, too.

khiladi

Reaction score
1.Pittsburgh offense is nowhere near our offense and their defense is still performing light's out....2.Polamalu is what Roy Williams should have been. The guy is playing healthy and is flat-out ridiculous....

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, the Cowboys should have this game on lock-down... BUT then again, our OL sometimes looks plain stupid and the Steelers run some wicked blitz schemes. That could call for a couple plays of missed assignments and Tony Romo getting hit...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
1 Sun Sep 7, 2008 Texans W 38-17 1-0 64,001
2 Sun Sep 14, 2008 @Browns W 10-6 2-0 73,048
3 Sun Sep 21, 2008 @Eagles L 6-15 2-1 69,144
4 Mon Sep 29, 2008 Ravens W 23-20 (OT) 3-1 64,038
5 Sun Oct 5, 2008 @Jaguars W 26-21 4-1 65,908
7 Sun Oct 19, 2008 @Bengals W 38-10 5-1 65,860
8 Sun Oct 26, 2008 Giants L 14-21 5-2 64,991
9 Mon Nov 3, 2008 @Commanders W 23-6 6-2 90,512
10 Sun Nov 9, 2008 Colts L 20-24 6-3 64,043
11 Sun Nov 16, 2008 Chargers W 11-10 7-3 62,051
12 Thu Nov 20, 2008 Bengals W 27-10 8-3 59,854
13 Sun Nov 30, 2008 @Patriots

OK body of work here. Respectable 9-3. Haven't really beaten anyone but they haven't been beaten up either. Ravens are better now than week 4. Eagles obviously were better week 3 than now.

Most of the teams they've played really lean on the running game. Take away that with 7 guys and they're in trouble.

We certainly don't fall into that category. I see them having huge trouble with the coverage match-ups and Romo's mobility should frustrate the hell out of them.