Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;1234271 said:
Calling out the Eagles DB's. Daring the Eagles to slow him down

Is this good or bad for us?

Indifferent

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just another guy who won't ever be as good as he says he is.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Are you serious?! Plaxico Buress is the new Freddie Mitchell! Do you guys remember during an interview with the media, FredX made a statement about a Patriots CB; just prior to the Superbowl? Uncertain who the player was (that's not important) ...the most important thing here is the concept about giving an opponent team incentive to build on.

Most coaches explain to their Players that they should be "tight-lipped" just prior to a game ...especially a huge game like the Eagles versus the Giants. Plaxico Not only bad mouthed a player, he bad-mouthed the entire secondary.
That ...also Means Brian Dawkins! Even if Plaxico is right and the Eagles secondary was not able to contain him ...they will elevate their game because of his lack of respect.

Now I'll give Plaxico Buress his due ...he's talented, but he is not all that! I placed T.O. in a higher status than Plaxico!

So yes ...I think Plaxico started something that the Eagles intend to finish. One more thing ...I think it would be a huge mistake for the Eagles to respond negatively to Plaxico's comments. Thus far the Eagles have done an excellent job of handling the big mouthed receiver diplomatically. Andy Reid has flaws, but FreddieX taught the Eagles a valuable lesson.

So don't downplay the plaxico comments when you know it was a huge Mental mistake. Again, It may not have a direct impact On the outcome of the game, but the comments will propel the Eagles secondary to play at a higher level. My concern is that the Eagles do not overcompensate on Plaxico and not give enough focUs on the silent threats ...e.g., Shockey, and especially Tiki Barber.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1234344 said:
Are you serious?! Plaxico Buress is the new Freddie Mitchell! Do you guys remember during an interview with the media, FredX made a statement about a Patriots CB; just prior to the Superbowl? Uncertain who the player was (that's not important) ...the most important thing here is the concept about giving an opponent team incentive to build on.

Most coaches explain to their Players that they should be "tight-lipped" just prior to a game ...especially a huge game like the Eagles versus the Giants. Plaxico Not only bad mouthed a player, he bad-mouthed the entire secondary.
That ...also Means Brian Dawkins! Even if Plaxico is right and the Eagles secondary was not able to contain him ...they will elevate their game because of his lack of respect.

Now I'll give Plaxico Buress his due ...he's talented, but he is not all that! I placed T.O. in a higher status than Plaxico!

So yes ...I think Plaxico started something that the Eagles intend to finish. One more thing ...I think it would be a huge mistake for the Eagles to respond negatively to Plaxico's comments. Thus far the Eagles have done an excellent job of handling the big mouthed receiver diplomatically. Andy Reid has flaws, but FreddieX taught the Eagles a valuable lesson.

So don't downplay the plaxico comments when you know it was a huge Mental mistake. Again, It may not have a direct impact On the outcome of the game, but the comments will propel the Eagles secondary to play at a higher level. My concern is that the Eagles do not overcompensate on Plaxico and not give enough focUs on the silent threats ...e.g., Shockey, and especially Tiki Barber.

Plax blows but he is better than FredEx. TO is better than Plax... wow...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
YoMick;1234354 said:
Plax blows but he is better than FredEx. TO is better than Plax... wow...

Wait a minute YoMick ...I thought you wanted to have a decent thread until I'm Hearing all this blowing, and this one is better than that one noise. This has nothing to do with any of the noise you're barking out Yomick ...and you know that! This is about tactful comments to the press prior to a huge divisional game. Will you at least try to have a serious dialogue with me for a few posts here?!

I could give a good gotdarn about who's better than Plaxico ...you are either being sacrasatic or you've totally missed the point here.

We've just recently signed on Williams James, a former Giants cornerback. James has seen Plaxico up close in practice and is somewhat (as a minimum) familiar with how Plaxico plays ball. Here's what James was diplomatically quoted as saying about the Plaxico blabber-mouth ...

"I've always respected Plaxico. We used to battle each other in practice and in camp," said James. "There's no set way to stop him. When I go against Plaxico, I'm having fun. It's a good time out there. I know they're going to throw some fade balls up to Plaxico. I'm expecting that and when that comes, when that happens, I'll be the one making the play."

That said, I think Plaxico probably should have refrained from making the untimely comment. Now get serious for a minute or two and give me some decent feedback.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1234407 said:
Pierce calling out Trotter yesreday was even more interesting.

Mostly because of the history in Washington, and because Pierce is smart enough to make good points.

That should be a 'fiercely contested' game. :D

LaTunaNostra ...could you speak about what Pierce said about Trotter? I didn't Hear anything about that one.

My feeling is that anything that anyone says just prior to a huge game like this one is a Huge mistaKe. It's almost asking for trouble. I wonder what's the Odds for those tyme of comments working in favor of the team making the initial comments/challenges, versus the reverse.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1234414 said:
Who do we want to win this one?

The dreaded question..can we consider it merely rhetorical?

The Jints getting healthy scare me more..but I don't know who is playing whom the last two weeks...I think the Jints end with the Skins tho?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1234414 said:
Who do we want to win this one?

Actually, yours is a set-up question. Nevertheless, it's a questIon that was already asked on a different thread.

You'd better be more concerned about that Saturday game against the Falcons first! The Eagles versus Giants game will happen Sunday.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1234425 said:
Actually, yours is a set-up question. Nevertheless, it's a question that was already asked on a different thread.

You'd better be more concerned about that Saturday game against the Falcons first! The Eagles versus Giants game will happen Sunday.

Since we treat you pretty well on this forum (for being an iggles fan)
I hope you go back to all your iggle friends and get them to go down to N.Y. and support your team.

Tell them to do it for the Boys.:lmao:

Go Iggles!!!!!!!!! (god i can't believe said that I) :shootme:

who's got the soap :puke:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1234379 said:
Wait a minute YoMick ...I thought you wanted to have a decent thread until I'm Hearing all this blowing, and this one is better than that one noise.

You posted the comparison. Which is wrong!

.. hence my post... you may proceed...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Plax talks trash because he never goes over the middle, thus saving his arse from a killing. He's a fade/quick hitch/out route/deep receiver.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Clove;1234461 said:
Plax talks trash because he never goes over the middle, thus saving his arse from a killing. He's a fade/quick hitch/out route/deep receiver.

You forgot quitter.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
sandtrapp;1234463 said:
You forgot quitter.
That's right, and if the ball is high and he knows the SS is coming, he will short arm that sucker just like TO. I guess it's a business decision.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
sandtrapp;1234449 said:
Since we treat you pretty well on this forum (for being an iggles fan)I hope you go back to all your iggle friends and get them to go down to N.Y. and support your team.

I appreciate what you're saying, and I would be remiss if I didn't wish the Cowboys well on Saturday. But I do wish you well against the Falcons ...only because I remember how the Falcons treat the Eagles in the opening game in 2005. They caused a fight before the game even started ...I've never forgave the Falcons for that gesture of unprofessionalism. So rip their tails if it's Meant to be ...otherwise, I'll feel bad about your loss.

But let me just set the record straight about ..."we treat you pretty well on this forum (for being an iggles fan)."

I've never been treated "pretty well" here at the Zone. I receive no special privileges, your fans slam dunk me whenever they want to, I get flammed and called names and sometimes its really ugly for me here. That's nothing new! I've Been here for several NFL regular seasons ...but you know what ...I wouldn't have it any other way! That's because I take the good with the bad and I do not blame those few internal thugs here take away from the mnay More classy fans who have taught me an incredible amount of football related savvy.

I'm not angel, but I've had great mentors here and on the Eagles MBs. You know what you're getting with PT. So don't sugar-coat me about you wanting the Eagles to win. If you're serious ..you're in the minority Here. Othwerwise you would much rather just say that you'd prefer the Giants to lose than to admit you want the Eagles to win.

That's just straight experience from being on the Zone!