Play Zeke anyway

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If I truly believed as owner that Elliott did not commit a criminal act, that he did not deserve this punishment, I would play him and accept the consequences. Yes, that would mean forfeiting those six games, but I think the principle is more important than those games counting.

Jerry had had some fairly strong words about how he feels the league has handled this wrong, so he should make a stand against the unfairness of it. If everything he has seen shows that Elliott is innocent, then it's time to draw a line. Accept whatever comes with that knowing that you are doing the right thing.

If the team rallies behind it and earns a playoff spot, then the league looks bad for leaving the team out. Other teams "earning" playoff spots by forfeit also makes the league look bad.

The other owners will no doubt balk and bluster, but they are not about to not play the games and get the revenue that Dallas draws, so either the league will have to flinch or have Dallas and Jones show it up by this action.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Couldn't league security just not let him in?

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is a rebel, but he likes money too much to do something like this. He'd be fined an astronomical amount and then he'd have to deal with the legal suits the league would file against him

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
1) Attempt to play Zeke.
2) Have him removed from field by security
3) Pay a massive fine and forfeit premium draft picks.
x) Profit!

khiladi

Reaction score
How about Jerry grabs a solid pair and goes through with real repurcussions for Goodell and the rest of the bums in league office (remember Jerry is challenging the salaries and benefits of all of them, not just Goodell)....

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
loss of draft picks, massive fines, who knows what else scummy NFL will do

then there's the in game stuff, 15 yard penalty and ejection

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I truly believed as owner that Elliott did not commit a criminal act, that he did not deserve this punishment, I would play him and accept the consequences. Yes, that would mean forfeiting those six games, but I think the principle is more important than those games counting.

Jerry had had some fairly strong words about how he feels the league has handled this wrong, so he should make a stand against the unfairness of it. If everything he has seen shows that Elliott is innocent, then it's time to draw a line. Accept whatever comes with that knowing that you are doing the right thing.

If the team rallies behind it and earns a playoff spot, then the league looks bad for leaving the team out. Other teams "earning" playoff spots by forfeit also makes the league look bad.

The other owners will no doubt balk and bluster, but they are not about to not play the games and get the revenue that Dallas draws, so either the league will have to flinch or have Dallas and Jones show it up by this action.

That would never happen. Zeke would be removed from the field and the Cowboys would be sanctioned.

Just because we don't like the result of the process doesn't mean we can ignore it. We're challenging it legally. If we lose, we lose.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I wouldn't play Zeke. If I was going to go that route. I would just have the team, on both sides of the ball take a knee every snap. Refund all the paying tickets and embarrass the nfl in the process. But that won't happen.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
While I'm usually for the moral high ground, I'd rather just take the 6 games and be done with it rather than risk additional team penalties.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't this get posted the last time his suspension was "upheld"?

I said something similar. Except my position was "no Elliott, no Cowboys". Let Goodell explain to the networks why the top draw in sports isn't available.

Other issues aside, Jerry Jones is the most powerful owner in sports, and it's high time he use daily that power. Other than simply lining his pockets.

He's always looked up to Al Davis - even when he shouldn't have - and I can guarantee that Davis wouldn't take this kind of thing lying down.

And, again, this is bigger than one player. This is about exactly what Jones says it is, a flawed system of discipline. It's obvious that simply talking about it isn't going to change a thing.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Couldn't league security just not let him in?

And did you just suggest being ok with forfeiting games to do this? Come on, gimme.

No! League security can't handle Zeke. He'd run right through their pesky pepper spray, tasers, and tie wrap handcuffs all while eating air cereal. If they want to stop Zeke from playing you'd need to call in Seal Team 6, net guns, Goodell, and at least a 1/2 dozen strippers with headlamps to get the job done. I can't wait for Sunday.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I said something similar. Except my position was "no Elliott, no Cowboys". Let Goodell explain to the networks why the top draw in sports isn't available.

Other issues aside, Jerry Jones is the most powerful owner in sports, and it's high time he use daily that power. Other than simply lining his pockets.

He's always looked up to Al Davis - even when he shouldn't have - and I can guarantee that Davis wouldn't take this kind of thing lying down.

And, again, this is bigger than one player. This is about exactly what Jones says it is, a flawed system of discipline. It's obvious that simply talking about it isn't going to change a thing.

Throwing yourself on the sacrificial altar isn't going to change anything either except add massive problems. No owner is stupid enough to try anything like that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Throwing yourself on the sacrificial altar isn't going to change anything either except add massive problems. No owner is stupid enough to try anything like that.
Not to mention that would suck for the fans. I'm disappointed Zeke won't be out there, too, but I still want to see the games.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That would never happen. Zeke would be removed from the field and the Cowboys would be sanctioned.

Just because we don't like the result of the process doesn't mean we can ignore it. We're challenging it legally. If we lose, we lose.

The Cowboys would be sanctioned, but I don't believe the NFL would be able to remove him from the field. The field and the team are owned by Jones. The NFL can choose not to play his team because he isn't abiding by a league decision, but again, I cannot see the league doing that.