Recap: Player Interviews - Coop and Anthony Brown

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good look into mindset of players after this loss. I enjoyed the off-topic questions with AB to better know the team.

Audio links if rather listen:

Amari Cooper on Denver disappointment, mindset after a loss (audacy.com)

Dallas Cowboys | Official Site of the Dallas Cowboys

AMARI COOPER
  • Feel good about practice this week.
  • President W made me laugh by saying "we're walking with the great Amari Cooper"
  • To avoid drops, try to be present in situation, not think about distractions... dropped a ball because thinking how to avoid tweaking my hamstring as I catch it, should just focus on the ball... you can always look back at a drop and why it happened.
  • Hammy feeling better every day. Full pads practice today and felt good, but didn't push it too much.
  • This year it's easier to put losses behind us because we're winning so much. You can identify why the loss happened much easier. Same principle as identifying why dropped the ball.
  • Yes, I was surprised at certain point in game last week we didn't score yet
  • No, don't feel like I have to prove something this week. Week to week. We already know what we have and don't feel like we should lose any game.
  • Give Denver credit for coming out and competing, but we knew what they were going to do. My hammy was banged up, CeeDee's ankle was banged up and he could barely run the practice before. Not making excuses, but they just caught us in a bad week. Both starting receivers could barely run.
  • I don't watch much TV outside of football. I did see the Jokic situation on Instagram. Didn't see well enough to know if dirty foul, but that was way he handled it
  • I didn't see the Bears game and taunting penalty on player who looked at sidelines. Every year refs come to talk to the team and what they're going to call. I always thought that was weird because it's almost as if they have to meet a quota every year.
  • Cordarrelle Patterson, I played with him on Raiders. Very special player. You can line him up anywhere. I would call him rare because he's 220-230. To be that big and fast is rare. I do think more guys could show more versatility in the league and over time it will happen. We all come from HS playing many positions, and the NFL is only one. Sometimes though you may be the best receiver and corner, or the best off AND def line. I'm sure that happens a lot but just not used.
  • Not a noon game fan. Many players are. Depends on if you're a morning person. I like night games better for sure.
ANTHONY BROWN
  • Big difference vs last year for me is not much. Continue to work hard and be consistent. Have to be confident and know you can always compete with everyone.
  • Yes, I have more mentorship role now. It changed so fast with me being a veteran. I still remember coming in with Orlando, Brandon, Morris and those guys, now I'm that guy. I love being a mentor and when they come to me to ask questions about what to do in situations.
  • Al Harris always giving us pointers. Puts us in the right mindset to dominate. Corners play a big role in this defense. Yes, he's a very intense guy. He has high standards and wants best for us. We can't go out not on our game.
  • In DB meetings, our goals each game is to out hit our opponent. That's why Dan Quinn mad about last week. We have to be the most dominant team on the field. Secondary, no explosive plays.
  • I definitely miss going after QB. I'm more outside this year instead of nickel. Difference outside is you're on an island 1-1, lot of space. Inside you're closer to the ball, have more opportunity on plays.
  • We talk trash at practice but nothing crazy. Amari not a huge trash talker like Hard Knocks showed him. It's more CeeDee and Noah Brown. Toughest guy to go up against on our team? They all tough. Pick your poison.
  • Off topic questions start here.... If you had to pick 5 players to go against the Dallas Mavs, who would they be? Based on what I've seen and who can play ball - Dak. Jooudan. Leyton, he's very athletic. Meshawn. (not sure who that is?) Zack Martin. He actually has a very good shot.
  • How is your family? Doing great. 2 young boys - 5 and 2 years old. One on way. Wife and Mom okay.
  • Did you take any trips in offseason? Went to Cabo for weekend but nothing crazy.
  • What are your hobbies in your downtime? I'm more of a family man. Spend time with kids. I do like going to gun range every now and then.
  • Target or Walmart guy? Target for sure. I'm bougie.
  • Sneakerheads. Who is champion? Dak has a deal so cheat code, he doesn't count. Definitely cheat code for Dak, he gets a lot. Top 3 would be Zeke, Trevon, and CeeDee
  • Best dressed and worst dressed on gameday? Best dressed, that's tricky because some players don't dress up on away games since we don't see anyone. If you're best dressed, you have to come with it every week. That would be Dak. If I had to choose though, I say me. Worst dressed I won't say.
  • Who is fastest on team? Me. Still. No young guys challenging me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
  • Give Denver credit for coming out and competing, but we knew what they were going to do. My hammy was banged up, CeeDee's ankle was banged up and he could barely run the practice before. Not making excuses, but they just caught us in a bad week. Both starting receivers could barely run.

This is why I think it's so important to have Gallup back. I don't think either Cooper or Lamb is going to be 100 percent this week. When they are, they are tough to stop, but a good defense like Denver's can handle them fairly well when they are gimpy.