Player Update: Adam Jones, CB

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Player Update: Adam Jones, CB
Source: RotoTimes.com

There is a faction in the Cowboys locker room who are worried that the return of cornerback Adam Jones could upset the team's renewed swagger, Pro Football Weekly reports.

Our View: We would hope that Jones's presence wouldn't upset the offense, which is the key to the Cowboys making the playoffs. As long as they keep putting up 30-35 points per game, the Cowboys should win.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
That was pure speculation. The players have said to a man, that they welcome him back. In fact, many of them feel his suspension was not warranted.

superpunk

Reaction score
OMG! A faction? Really? gawd I hate factions.

Also, "no duh" on the "if you score 35 points you should win" argument.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys wait to see if injuries to Barber, Ware affect team

Updated at 8:45 a.m. EST Monday, Dec. 1

The Cowboys are hoping that OLB DeMarcus Ware’s knee or RB Marion Barber’s toe don’t become as synonymous with the team’s troubles as QB Tony Romo’s pinkie was. In the Thanksgiving blowout of the Seahawks, the team suffered injuries to perhaps the two players who are most valuable to the Cowboys’ playoff chances other than Romo. MRIs revealed that neither player tore ligaments or sustained fractures, but their availabilities for next weekend were unknown.

Ware simply is the best defensive player they have, and he might be the best in the league on that side of the ball. His sprained knee didn’t appear to be terribly serious after the game when he stood without pain and appeared to walk comfortably, albeit gingerly. An MRI performed on the knee a day after the Week 13 game revealed there was no ligament damage to the knee. They’ll want him back against the Steelers — the first of four big tests as the team hones in on a playoff spot — even if capable reserve OLB Anthony Spencer easily could slide into Ware’s spot.

The team isn’t nearly as deep at running back, where Barber left the Seahawks game following a dislocated toe. The painful injury also could lead to the team having to make a roster move if he’s not able to play against Pittsburgh. Backup Tashard Choice, who has been thrust into the role with Felix Jones down for the season, has performed admirably (11 carries, 57 yards against the Seahawks) and has impressed the coaching staff with his toughness and focus, but he’s the only tailback left on the roster. Practice-squad RB Alonzo Coleman could be a candidate to be called up if Barber can’t go next week, although owner Jerry Jones sounded fairly optimistic that the extra few days of rest should allow Barber to go next week.

But these injuries show that the Cowboys are thin in certain spots. It’s one reason that the team has decided to bring back CB-PR Pacman Jones, despite resistance from some of the players. They are thin on special teams with Felix Jones and others out and at cornerback with Mike Jenkins currently banged up.

The Cowboys know they can’t afford to suffer one more critical injury because players such as Ware, Barber and Romo must be at their best to get this team hot down the stretch.

View all WWHI for Dallas

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfceast

Whispers — NFC East
Some Cowboys teammates won't welcome Pacman back

square_black.gif
The Cowboys’ locker room might not be as welcoming for Pacman Jones as owner Jerry Jones appears to be. We hear there is a faction of the players that feels that Pacman Jones’ presence could throw off the chemistry and positive swagger that the Cowboys have worked hard to regain. With the playoffs hanging in the balance, the players don’t want any outside distractions during what should be a crucial stretch.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/nfceast113008.htm

On a side note, a couple of beat writers believe there is a large segment that's indifferent to his return, with some welcoming him, and others not...

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Thanks WG

If this is true its good to know this team is focused and they don't want to put up with any non sense these next four weeks

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2454848 said:
That was pure speculation. The players have said to a man, that they welcome him back. In fact, many of them feel his suspension was not warranted.

Well you can don your Tin foil hat or leave it sitting on the table but I think in this case, what the players say to the press and what they think might be two different things.

Who knows, we are going into a tough stretch so we can use all the help we can get.

khiladi

Reaction score
The name of that 'faction' is Anthony Henry....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No offense but anyone thinking that because the players have said to the media that they have no problems with him means that they honestly don't I think is niave. They're not going to tell the media "Oh yeah he's an idiot. I hate him for being so stupid. Wish Mr. Jones hadn't allowed him back."

Sorry guys but since none of us are actually in that locker room, to see what's said to him in private and see how people feel without the media cameras around, I'm not going to buy the idea that everyone in that locker room is all flowers, rainbows, and gum drops over the fact that Jones is back.

That doesn't mean I don't believe they'll be willing to give him another shot, I'm sure most if not all probably are provided that they see some changes in Adam that they need to see.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah they finally learned how to deal with them. Funny how just a couple of seasons ago distractions of Tiki, Shockey, unhappy defensive players, seemed to absolutely kill them late in the year and cause them to tank after hot starts.

But I guess everyone forgets that cause the Giants finally learned how to get past those things so now everyone acts like they always have done it. Just like how Eli was 0-2, with two terrible playoff performances, but now he's all the sudden some sort of playoff genius cause he finally had a nice run in them.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;2454848 said:

True, but I dont think a member of the team is going to come out to the media and say they dont want him back. All that would do is create an even bigger distraction and mess things up even further.

I could see that there may be some truth behind this. Not saying there is or isnt. It just wouldnt surprise me if it was.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2454990 said:
I thought factions only existed in the WWE.

:confused:

The McMahon-Hemsley Faction?

Or wait...that was like 8 years ago. I'm a little behind on my WWF...er..WWE

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rototimes? Shouldn't they be unclogging drains or something?

Iago33

Reaction score
Hostile;2454848 said:

Hostile,

You seem to have as much inside info. on this team as anyone here. Are you sure it's only speculation? In other words, do you know for a fact that it isn't true?

juck

Reaction score
superpunk;2454849 said:
OMG! A faction? Really? gawd I hate factions.

Also, "no duh" on the "if you score 35 points you should win" argument.

Lemmy for President!!!!

Sandman52

Reaction score
alby;2455111 said:
If Adam plays well, no one will complain.

Exactly. Il hope that he can be a spark/difference maker on ST. I'm still waiting on the "I'm good for 3-4 punt return TDs.)

But seriously, plug him in on every ST formation. Watch how he performs in those aspects. If he hustles on ST, it means that he wants to be an NFL player. Also, they can sure use him for Jenkins' spot temporarily.