Player Update: Adam Jones, CB

Sandman52

Reaction score
BTW, I still believe that this "faction of players" is just laying the foundation for a new December-meltdown excuse.

If they suck in these next 4 games, it will be "because of Pacman's distraction"... not the fact that these players don't have a spine.

Iago33

Reaction score
alby;2455111 said:
If Adam plays well, no one will complain.

Do you really believe that? If the guy at work that gets away with everything does really well and helps the company be successful, no one would complain about him to another co-worker? Really? You need to look at human nature more closely.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think it's crazy to say that everyone unanimously wants Pacman back. How could they? At the very least, 53 people aren't all going to agree on anything remotely controversial, and Pacman is at least that. And Galloway and Mosley have both said that from people they talk to on the team, even some of the coaching staff don't really want him back. Which is not at all hard to believe.

Temo

Reaction score
Hostile;2454848 said:
That was pure speculation. The players have said to a man, that they welcome him back. In fact, many of them feel his suspension was not warranted.

I think you're right, but there's also some players that are a bit uneasy with his unstable nature. I don't think he's a great teammate to be around.

I keep flashing back to that (I think it was Hard Knocks) episode where Tank Johnson was goofing off and all of a sudden it looked like Pacman was going to pick a fight with him.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Iago33;2455128 said:
Do you really believe that? If the guy at work that gets away with everything does really well and helps the company be successful, no one would complain about him to another co-worker? Really? You need to look at human nature more closely.

Good point in theory, but all these players want a ring. Dont think office work is the same as an NFL team.

Iago33

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2455225 said:
Good point in theory, but all these players want a ring. Dont think office work is the same as an NFL team.

I wish all of our players would put their personal lives, their personalities, and their agendas aside because the only thing that matters is the ring. I think too many fans don't consider that NFL players are people, just like we are (rich, pampered people, but just people).

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2454974 said:
The distractions don't seem to be affecting the Giants.

Tom Coughlin vs Wade Phillips. Who do you think is better at making his team stay focused?

No way to a man these guys want this fool back. I'm sure some of them do but I wouldn't bet all of them do.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2454899 said:
Well you can don your Tin foil hat or leave it sitting on the table but I think in this case, what the players say to the press and what they think might be two different things.

Who knows, we are going into a tough stretch so we can use all the help we can get.

I think the inside scoop is they wanted him back. He has had to answer to more than one leader on this team who expressed their unhappiness and disappointment. So it hasn't been all warm welcome. But I don't think their is anyone or any faction not wanting him back.

I'm glad he's back. Better for him and better for the team esp with Jenkins possibly not playing at Pittsburg.