Players bullying front office

Silverz1972

Reaction score
So is dak’s management looking at the zeke and tank deals and how they handle it and planning to do the same. Will we see the front office standing their ground this time and pushing back.

zeke you could say was the best rb in the league.
Lawrence you could make a case for top 3 at his position.
But dak? Not close at this point. And to want $40 million. $5 million more per year than any other qb is ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wish you guys would quit acting like this is uncommon. This is free agency. Dak’s side wants the most he can get and Jerry’s side wants the least amount to spend. Why is this so foreign to you guys like it’s new?

And Zeke and Lawrence were not the best at their positions but you don’t have to be to get paid.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
So is dak’s management looking at the zeke and tank deals and how they handle it and planning to do the same. Will we see the front office standing their ground this time and pushing back.

But dak? Not close at this point. And to want $40 million. $5 million more per year than any other qb is ridiculous.
bullying?

you keep using that word. . .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Is there a Robo Dak Hater bot going on here at CZ?

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Dak never said he wanted 40 mil and infact what we has said is that it was not about the dollar amount that was being offered but the language of the contract that he was trusting his agent to handle.

To your original point. Dak played the good soldier and came to work last season missing no preseason work or games and it apparently meant nothing to JJ and SJ. Zeke and DLaw played hard ball and got paid. 1 + 1 = 2......he has to do what he needs to do and based on recent history Dak needs to hold out until JJ and SJ proves us wrong.

John813

Reaction score
Players should be grateful for whatever offer they receive.

How dare they ask for more guarantees or money. Don't they know Jerry really, really wants to win a superbowl! Take a discount for the betterment of the team and when you decline they can cut you asap.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak never said he wanted 40 mil and infact what we has said is that it was not about the dollar amount that was being offered but the language of the contract that he was trusting his agent to handle.

To your original point. Dak played the good soldier and came to work last season missing no preseason work or games and it apparently meant nothing to JJ and SJ. Zeke and DLaw played hard ball and got paid. 1 + 1 = 2......he has to do what he needs to do and based on recent history Dak needs to hold out until JJ and SJ proves us wrong.
he played the "good soldier" by simply coming to work and honoring the contract he was already under?

wow.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It's terrible how those mean ol' players are pushing Jerry and Stephen around. :rolleyes:

The Joneses will be rich until the day the die, in large part due to players whose careers are short by comparison.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I wish you guys would quit acting like this is uncommon. This is free agency. Dak’s side wants the most he can get and Jerry’s side wants the least amount to spend. Why is this so foreign to you guys like it’s new?

And Zeke and Lawrence were not the best at their positions but you don’t have to be to get paid.
And that is why owners need to hold fast longer... Players get paid undeserved amounts of money cuz owners just pay it

Hadenough

Reaction score
Players should be grateful for whatever offer they receive.

How dare they ask for more guarantees or money. Don't they know Jerry really, really wants to win a superbowl! Take a discount for the betterment of the team and when you decline they can cut you asap.
When I was younger I used to think Im tired of making some a hole rich and started my own business. When I got up and running it wasnt like I anticipated and it was lot more work just to run the business. If it wasnt for Jerry and these other owners building the NFL up and buying these teams and advertising their product these players wouldnt be making the money they are making. Dak is replaceable! The Cowboys could draft another QB and he could be garbage and he would still sell Jerseys. These players are all pawns in a game where they were gifted talent. Jerry and the other owners are the ones who took out all the loans and risks of investing and working sleepless nights to get where he has a product that is self sustaining and growing on its own.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Prescott is most likely asking for a higher guaranteed salary and the FO is looking for more years. They'll meet in the middle.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think the money is close enough but Dak wants a 3 year deal. So I see a 4 year (opt out at 3) 140 million. Arguing now over the guaranteed. Maybe 120 guaranteed and 60 up front. Will make him the biggest paid for a minute until mahomes is paid.