Players hate anything that limits the bag

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So now TO has joined Dez Bryant as both are bashing Romo, Garrett, and Witten.
Dez claims the team, including Romo did not get him the ball in contract years. TO who once cried about “his QB” now calls the three mentioned above “snakes,” all three, from his time with the team. Still we see fans posting negative crap from Lamb’s mom and Micah’s brother like we should take any of it seriously. This is 2024, and it’s pretty obvious that most players, regardless of what they say that’s positive or negative, including crap from their families (including Dak’s brother) is all about the bag. When it suits their messaging and popularity, they say one thing, look supportive and professional, but at contract time, it’s them or their families attacking everything to set up adversarial negotiations for more money.

Lamb had a career year at the perfect time, targeted by his QB more than ever, ready to collect the big bag, but after one playoff game, his mom is now bashing the QB who targeted him 12 times. It’s all about the money. I’m starting to think that even winning a championship is also more about future earnings for these guys than for the satisfaction of being champion.

Players, their families, owners and GMs, all apparent liars, and their lies seem to always be about money. We can only hope that there are a few players left in the NFL who want to win without even that being a bargaining tool. It’s so discouraging.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who will be next is the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dez claims the team, including Romo did not get him the ball in contract years. TO who once cried about “his QB” now calls the three mentioned above “snakes,” all three, from his time with the team. Still we see fans posting negative crap from Lamb’s mom and brother like we should take any of it seriously. This is 2024, and it’s pretty obvious that most players, regardless of what they say that’s positive or negative, including crap from their families (including Dak’s brother) is all about the bag. When it suits their messaging and popularity, they say one thing, look supportive and professional, but at contract time, it’s them or their families attacking everything to set up adversarial negotiations for more money.

Lamb had a career year at the perfect time, targeted by his QB more than ever, ready to collect the big bag, but after one playoff game, his mom is now bashing the QB who targeted him 12 times. It’s all about the money. I’m starting to think that even winning a championship is also more about future earnings for these guys than for the satisfaction of being champion.

Players, their families, owners and GMs, all apparent liars, and their lies seem to always be about money. We can only hope that there are a few players left in the NFL who want to win without even that being a bargaining tool. It’s so discouraging.
All that is true that we're seeing this they're all as disappointed upset and feeling a little defensive like fans are...

I mean have you seen the place this place social media the things fans are saying that crazy comments and conspiracy theories and everybody needs to be have their head chopped off.....

I get it I mean it's a dumb conspiracy theory that they're trying to limit the money they're paid Jerry Jones usually overpays the wrong people or all of his people that he feels close to....

If he drafted you you're gonna get your bag and it is a dumb conspiracy given that CD lambs gotten better every year with that quarterback literally Prescott has made CD lambs career because if he would have went somewhere with a bad quarterback he may not be in this position he's probably gonna be Brandon cooks circling from team to team for the last eight years on his sixth team or something I don't even know but he has it good here with Prescott I mean dudes like amari Cooper seemed to get along day one with dak Prescott I mean literally on and off the field they were clicking the minute the trade was made that is the type of quarterback Prescott is regardless of what people say around here.. I mean even Cedric Wilson went and got his bag Dalton Schultz got another job Noah brown I mean these dudes were kept at least above water because of the quarterback....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Who will be next is the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Depends on who is up for a new contract. When you’re due a new contract, everything is someone else’s fault. It has already started with Lamb and Parsons 1 week into the offseason.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on who is up for a new contract. When you’re due a new contract, everything is someone else’s fault. It has already started with Lamb and Parsons 1 week into the offseason.
lol right!!! Let's see how they are when they get the money and get injured often or their play declines

J_Allen

Reaction score
Nobody signs here to win a championship, especially the ones who signed one year contracts. They do it for exposure. We need to start trading some of these guys while we can because we can't afford them all and we need a serious culture change.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All that is true that we're seeing this they're all as disappointed upset and feeling a little defensive like fans are...

I mean have you seen the place this place social media the things fans are saying that crazy comments and conspiracy theories and everybody needs to be have their head chopped off.....

I get it I mean it's a dumb conspiracy theory that they're trying to limit the money they're paid Jerry Jones usually overpays the wrong people or all of his people that he feels close to....

If he drafted you you're gonna get your bag and it is a dumb conspiracy given that CD lambs gotten better every year with that quarterback literally Prescott has made CD lambs career because if he would have went somewhere with a bad quarterback he may not be in this position he's probably gonna be Brandon cooks circling from team to team for the last eight years on his sixth team or something I don't even know but he has it good here with Prescott I mean dudes like amari Cooper seemed to get along day one with dak Prescott I mean literally on and off the field they were clicking the minute the trade was made that is the type of quarterback Prescott is regardless of what people say around here.. I mean even Cedric Wilson went and got his bag Dalton Schultz got another job Noah brown I mean these dudes were kept at least above water because of the quarterback....
CeeDee, Dak, and MM helped each. The reason why Jerry is running it back is because of the potential they have going forward. With the development of Ferguson the offense is only missing one thing……..We need a young stud running back. Ferguson could be something special.

blueblood70

Reaction score
CeeDee, Dak, and MM helped each. The reason why Jerry is running it back is because of the potential they have going forward. With the development of Ferguson the offense is only missing one thing……..We need a young stud running back. Ferguson could be something special.
I'm pretty sure that I said that I guess you're agreeing with me I mean that's exactly my premise we almost need to make no changes on offense just bring in a stud running back and re establish the focus to the run game however they need to do that with the scheme and the offensive line blocking and whatnot... The main focus in this draft and in free agency and particularly fire Dan Quinn is to reinvent the defense that needs an overhaul again I mean how many times have we gotta sit here and do this I mean it happened to Romo where the defense was the worst part of the big games I get it that the offense has made mistakes we've seen it Prescott rookie year we've seen it in the Rams game in 20/18/2021 in the first half giving up all those run yards we had all those penalties I mean we even seen the defense as well as they played in 2022 against the 49ers they still had a shot to get an interception and break up the biggest completion of the game it did not this defense the defense of the past is haunting us literally I get it the offense has struggled at times but they can't even get warmed up and make adjustments and they're down to scores

it's the defense that has been the biggest disappointment over the last two decades in my opinion and it seems to just creep back up I mean going into this year Mike McCarthy was under the impression he was gonna have a conservative offense and if you got to 20 points you were gonna win that game that didn't happen and it got way worse than that cause it looks like Mike Nolan's back that's what it looks like I don't care if Dan Quinn doesn't have enough players or guys got injured you adjust he could have reinvented his defense and just played at 3-4 or four three it stopped running out this nickel and dime crap and then playing zone against a team that can eat you up in zone that is solely and squarely on the defensive coordinator he's got an ego problem that's why he wants to be a head coach again he don't wanna be a defensive coordinator alone because he's gonna do whatever he wants regardless if it's good for the team or not...

zeke21

Reaction score
Of course its about the bag.. we are talking millions and millions of dollars.. this is their career.

The big difference is that you used to have to make a name for yourself first if you wanted to really make the big money.. to get the endorsements and marketing and post career media jobs. SO team success was important because no one wanted to hear from an ex player of some small market team that did nothing.. but if you are a 3 time SB champion.. then NBC might come knocking.

Now these guys are treated as superstars from before day 1. You have 70 million NIL contracts in college. They all have their own media consultants, podcasts, insta feeds before they are even drafted. Team success doesn't matter.. it only matters how much name recognition you can get and how fast.. the clicks win.

The teams having success are the ones that are trying to get guys to actually buy back into sports. But Jerry is a marketing guy.. he loves the eyeballs on his cowboys.. he leads by example.. so he loves the diva, the splash.. the headlines. It is a big reason why we continually fail.

What I am wondering though is whether MM had actually convinced SOME of these guys to actually play football and try to win a ring.. and they were actually committed to doing that. CeeDee actually put his head down, did the work and wanted to win perhaps? In meantime the other half of the locker room is more concerned with the $$ and the swag and the red carpet.. the bag and thus that is what the split is?

Who knows.. but something ain't right. 30 years of nothing is just hard to fathom.

nobody

Reaction score
Nobody signs here to win a championship, especially the ones who signed one year contracts. They do it for exposure. We need to start trading some of these guys while we can because we can't afford them all and we need a serious culture change.
You can't change the culture enough without changing the GM/Owner. He's the one that controls the culture and tells these guys they're stars and champions before they earn a darn thing. He's the one that puts them in comfy places and coddles them even in training camp at Oxnard rather than setting them up to practice and hone themselves in adversity. He's the one that shows them in every conceivable way that they won't be held accountable and they can sit back and relax when they're not playing to get paid.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Due to bad/horrific language I cannot express my true feelings about this crap.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course its about the bag.. we are talking millions and millions of dollars.. this is their career.

The big difference is that you used to have to make a name for yourself first if you wanted to really make the big money.. to get the endorsements and marketing and post career media jobs. SO team success was important because no one wanted to hear from an ex player of some small market team that did nothing.. but if you are a 3 time SB champion.. then NBC might come knocking.

Now these guys are treated as superstars from before day 1. You have 70 million NIL contracts in college. They all have their own media consultants, podcasts, insta feeds before they are even drafted. Team success doesn't matter.. it only matters how much name recognition you can get and how fast.. the clicks win.

The teams having success are the ones that are trying to get guys to actually buy back into sports. But Jerry is a marketing guy.. he loves the eyeballs on his cowboys.. he leads by example.. so he loves the diva, the splash.. the headlines. It is a big reason why we continually fail.

What I am wondering though is whether MM had actually convinced SOME of these guys to actually play football and try to win a ring.. and they were actually committed to doing that. CeeDee actually put his head down, did the work and wanted to win perhaps? In meantime the other half of the locker room is more concerned with the $$ and the swag and the red carpet.. the bag and thus that is what the split is?

Who knows.. but something ain't right. 30 years of nothing is just hard to fathom.
It might be hard to except for 30 years not the longest drought in football some teams have no championships I mean the Kansas City Chiefs took 51 years between theirs they had one in 1970 I mean their parents had to be patient I mean somehow the Philadelphia Eagles only have one and their entire existence how is that hard to fathom this is sports there is no blueprint sometimes you need a little luck I need a little merging things have to come together at the right time people have to be patient I know it's hard I'm also disappointed we're all very disappointed we're heartbroken every year but our team at least the last three seasons going to the playoffs winning the division twice winning 36 games you're saying nothing there is worse than this I trust me as a fan we've seen it it's rare here in Dallas but we've seen those seasons where you barely get the five wins and you're the laughing stock of the league we are not that fans think that in their minds but you all have a twisted expectations for this team because you think the Dallas Cowboys or the 70s teams or the 90s teams but even in the 90s that was a short lived thing with Jimmy Johnson we haven't seen that kind of consistency that New England saw or that we saw in the 70s in a very long time and it's probably not gonna happen again for any team New England might be the last true dynasty that ever exists because the way the NFL is set up now it's just hard to do...

Like I said I get it I'm very disappointed I'm hoping we get back to an NFC championship game at the very least but acting like somehow this drought there are teams that don't have any we're waiting on number six and by the way the Texas Rangers fans seem to be very happy after I don't know waiting since 1970 also I mean there was a baseball team I don't know they had the curse of the bambino or some nonsense I don't know if it was Boston or the Cubs or I don't remember 100 years no titles I mean all these things eventually break and we're waiting again on #6....​
And I know it's hard to sit around and watch the 49ers get back to Super Bowls but they haven't won one since 1994 again I hate to keep bringing it up but some of these things come in cycles it took Kansas City Chiefs 51 years and I don't see their fans threatening to burn their jerseys I mean the real hardcore fans they understand and I get it we're all hurt we're all saying these things but to say it's hard to fathom and calling what we're doing nothing maybe you ought to go to a team like The Jets the Browns or any other team I mean when's the last time the New York Giants even beat us for God's sakes let alone one anything insignificance teams sometimes just have to wait for their cycle to come around and at least we have a shot because what do you have to do first you have to make the playoffs we're making the playoffs.... I mean look at the Buffalo Bills to lose four straight Super Bowls and they have hope now but they haven't got to the Super bowl again since then and listen they're out shoveling snow and some of them have went to the hospital for frostbite to go see their teams and we're complaining about glare from our windows needing curtains and the fact that we still haven't got #6...​
Now we gotta get over that hump just like the 49ers and the Green Bay Packers couldn't beat us in the 90s and they didn't get their bag until our team started disintegrating our time will come again.... Hey but react and say what you want you're allowed your opinion you know but saying you can't fathom it as act like this doesn't happen to other teams acting like we're the one of the worst teams in the league that's how fans respond around here and I don't get it we are not in that category we've been top six to top eight for awhile now out of 32 teams we're so far above average anybody who uses that word are ridiculous...​
We're anything but average we're just struggling to beat the better teams at the right moments and again hopefully our cycle will come soon....​

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I said that I guess you're agreeing with me I mean that's exactly my premise we almost need to make no changes on offense just bring in a stud running back and re establish the focus to the run game however they need to do that with the scheme and the offensive line blocking and whatnot... The main focus in this draft and in free agency and particularly fire Dan Quinn is to reinvent the defense that needs an overhaul again I mean how many times have we gotta sit here and do this I mean it happened to Romo where the defense was the worst part of the big games I get it that the offense has made mistakes we've seen it Prescott rookie year we've seen it in the Rams game in 20/18/2021 in the first half giving up all those run yards we had all those penalties I mean we even seen the defense as well as they played in 2022 against the 49ers they still had a shot to get an interception and break up the biggest completion of the game it did not this defense the defense of the past is haunting us literally I get it the offense has struggled at times but they can't even get warmed up and make adjustments and they're down to scores

it's the defense that has been the biggest disappointment over the last two decades in my opinion and it seems to just creep back up I mean going into this year Mike McCarthy was under the impression he was gonna have a conservative offense and if you got to 20 points you were gonna win that game that didn't happen and it got way worse than that cause it looks like Mike Nolan's back that's what it looks like I don't care if Dan Quinn doesn't have enough players or guys got injured you adjust he could have reinvented his defense and just played at 3-4 or four three it stopped running out this nickel and dime crap and then playing zone against a team that can eat you up in zone that is solely and squarely on the defensive coordinator he's got an ego problem that's why he wants to be a head coach again he don't wanna be a defensive coordinator alone because he's gonna do whatever he wants regardless if it's good for the team or not...
I am 100% with you. I think we need a different run scheme as well but we are close.

I think the defense has to get bigger along the front seven. We need a bigger defensive end, linebacker, and tackle. Just like the offense we have skilled players on defense with Parsons, Diggs, and Bland. We need meat and potatoes players. Detroit had the same issues that we had and solved the issue with one draft.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dez claims the team, including Romo did not get him the ball in contract years. TO who once cried about “his QB” now calls the three mentioned above “snakes,” all three, from his time with the team. Still we see fans posting negative crap from Lamb’s mom and Micah’s brother like we should take any of it seriously. This is 2024, and it’s pretty obvious that most players, regardless of what they say that’s positive or negative, including crap from their families (including Dak’s brother) is all about the bag. When it suits their messaging and popularity, they say one thing, look supportive and professional, but at contract time, it’s them or their families attacking everything to set up adversarial negotiations for more money.

Chuck, where are you getting this from? Social media?

To me, it's just more evidence that this team suffers from always thinkings its the champion. That vibe that is killing the team.

Who cares about that type of after-the-fact drama on a team that never even went past Divisional Round?

Only the Cowboys, do these guys think they're important enough that it warrants attention.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dez is an idiot - that has been proven time and time again. Love the player, yes he caught it -but still an idiot. No telling how much he lost in the NFT bust.
He played on his rookie deal - literally had his best year at the end of the deal - "got the bag" in 2015 - then got hurt that following year and only played half the games. Then never produced again after getting paid...was a shell of himself by the end of his career.

Creeper

Reaction score
I like Dez. He seems like a good guy. But come on, man. The last couple of years Dez was with Dallas he couldn't get open. It wasn't Romo not throwing him the ball, it was Dez not beating his man in single coverage. Romo tried to get him the ball but I assume he got tired of the incomplete passes and near interceptions so he went somewhere else.

When Dez left the Cowboys, he did nothing. Teams were afraid to pick him up and he didn't have much more success with the teams that did. Dez was a great player for Dallas, and he caught that ball in GB. But he lost it at some point. He needs to accept that and stop blaming others.

That's all in the past. The Cowboys are dealing with problems today. I have no idea if CeeDee's mom is getting her complaints from CeeDee or if she is reading too much nonsense on social media, but Jerry and McCarthy need to get to him and Micah and let them air their grievances. If CeeDee really wants to win a Super Bowl, then he needs to understand it is a team effort. Not one guy. Dak trying to firce throws to CeeDee led to the pick 6.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
The one that needs to be traded has a No Trade clause.

Aven8

Reaction score
Welcome to professional sports. Ohtani says hello