Players off the rest of the week?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's part of the collective bargaining agreement!
The number of penalties on both sides of the ball indicates to me this team isn't very disciplined. I'm not sure time off will help this. If it's a requirement, so be it. But the Cowboys do seem to get a lot of offside penalties where they actually line up offsides. That's just mentally lazy, a direct result from lack of coaching.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time off is very important for all people regardless of job and NFL players are no exception. The physical toll of playing a violent game requires some time off for the body to get a break. It amazes me how many of us as fans forget that NFL players and coaches are first human beings too.

The collective bargaining agreement establishes that players are paid for an 18 week schedule which includes the 17 games plus a bye week. It’s the equivalent of what most people get at work in the form of a 1-2 week paid vacation.

It’s also an opportunity for coaches who work more hours during the season than any of us could possibly imagine to have a couple of days off to be with family, spouses, etc. There is a ton of research out there about the benefits of mental and physical rest and how that can improve performance on the job.

All work and no play makes anyone less effective. Bye weeks are really important.

JBS

Reaction score
I’ve always wondered if the people that complain about this kind of thing hold themselves up to the same standards.
Ha. You don’t have to wonder. Of course not. Unless we are discussing posting on the zone. Then no, these guys don’t take any days off from posting nonsense. Full throttle.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again, a few who have posted here can't discuss anything without insulting people with whom they disagree. That speaks volumes.

Cmac

Reaction score
I’ve always wondered if the people that complain about this kind of thing hold themselves up to the same standards.
Nailed it!!.....I'd say the same about the salary discussions on this board. Imagine the Salary Capologists on this board negotiating their OWN salary with the standards we've read on this board.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'm the only one who commented about my concern with all the penalties. So, all of these insults are targeted at me I guess.

You guys don't know a thing about me or my work ethic. I do see that many can't argue without insults and stereotypes, typical weak BS.

Read Bobhaze' reply if you want to learn how to win an argument.

visionary

Reaction score
Anytime you pay me over s million a year ill hold myself accountable

Deal?