Players that signal first down...

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Can't stand it when Moss and a few others do this on opposing teams obviously, but man, it sure does feel good to see Barber and RW doing it. Hell, Barber did it a few times while he was lying on his back, waiting for the pile to get off of him. Just love it.

It's interesting how the refs aren't flagging players for spiking/spinning the ball after first downs or big plays anymore. Seemed like whever T.O. did it, he was whistled for it. I've seen it countless times now and it's not called. I guess they are laxing off that call or something nowadays.

BTW, anyone catch the Titans receiver celebration, like he was getting arrested? *** was that all about, LOL. A getting arrested celebration? Wow, I've almost seen it all now.

:laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SteveOS;2426147 said:
Can't stand it when Moss and a few others do this on opposing teams obviously, but man, it sure does feel good to see Barber and RW doing it. Hell, Barber did it a few times while he was lying on his back, waiting for the pile to get off of him. Just love it.

It's interesting how the refs aren't flagging players for spiking/spinning the ball after first downs or big plays anymore. Seemed like whever T.O. did it, he was whistled for it. I've seen it countless times now and it's not called. I guess they are laxing off that call or something nowadays.

BTW, anyone catch the Titans receiver celebration, like he was getting arrested? *** was that all about, LOL. A getting arrested celebration? Wow, I've almost seen it all now.

:laugh2:

I believe the titans celebration was a pretty clear shot at Matt Jones. That's how I took it, anyway, when I saw it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of on-field celebrations. Some hits are so big you have to hop around a bit. Turnovers deserve some attention. Sacks, too. First downs, not so much.

I'd rather see that stuff saved for the endzones, and then fewer restrictions on end-zone penalties, to tell the truth.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't really care either way, a first down after all our struggling is a big deal. Not every player is going to see the endzone, let them have some fun. As long as you're not celebrating when you're down 21 points, who cares.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
TtownCowboy;2426153 said:
RWs looked like Irvin's first down sign. I liked it.
Thats what I thought as soon as I saw Roy do that. Hope we see that many more times this season. Several TD dances as well. :D

RW31

Reaction score
Texas Roy does it all the time. He looked like a ****** the past few seasons when he celebrated first downs while his team was losing like 70-0

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

That was the first thing I thought of too.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I like it. means theyre moving the chains. ROY doesnt really celebrate his TD's right? he does a very minimal thing.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2426166 said:
I believe the titans celebration was a pretty clear shot at Matt Jones. That's how I took it, anyway, when I saw it.

LMAO! Didn't even think of that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind the first down signals by WR's and RB's as long as they don't get all wound up like they just won the lottery.

But the timing is important. If you are hopelessly out of the game and stand no chance of winning, I HATE it then.

Mansta54

Reaction score

I like it too!!!! It shows emotion and guys are hyped after making a good play, nothing wrong with that. You gotta leave some energy in the game...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img126.*************/img126/9278/ch51sunnov162008c095816wv6.jpg

It's only annoying when the other team does it. :)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nobody did it as good as 88......he turned it into an artform.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyz_08RW11-firstdown.gif

Daudr

Reaction score

Everything about the way Roy Williams plays reminds me of Irvin. The next 5 years are going to be an awesomething thing.