Players to Watch and Evaluate against Las Vegas

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-to-watch-players-to-evaluate-in-las-vegas

Some unexpected answers from this as to their opinions. But a few makes sense as well.

Freeman and Vaughan since both are back form their injuries.
Can the secondary get more picks like last week.

What I want to see.
Of course we all will be watching Trey Lance to see if any improvement. And if he takes some velocity off of his throws, as well, not throw them too high.
I know some want him to fail though.

Mazi, if he is ok from his allergy attack. Hopefully he can play.
Will Phillips get in some snaps for only being here a few days. Did he get in any practices. If so it would have been one on Thursday.
New CB Booth, he should get some snaps.

I will only be able to watch the game or most of it, no sound. Recording it to listen to the Cowboys announcers tomorrow.
Have something I must do tonight, been planned 6 months ago.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I liked what I saw in Caelon Carson . Against LV the QB play is an upgrade from Rams . Good test for the rookie CB .

Is Overshown playing I know he got dinged in camp . Sure would like to see him and the 3rd rounder out of Notre Dame flying around .

Carson

Reaction score
I liked what I saw in Caelon Carson . Against LV the QB play is an upgrade from Rams . Good test for the rookie CB .

Is Overshown playing I know he got dinged in camp . Sure would like to see him and the 3rd rounder out of Notre Dame flying around .
I highly doubt Overshown is playing. He has a starting job locked up and no need for him to risk anything.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I wanted to say Mazi but he found a way to miss this audition lol I want to really watch Lance, some of these offensive and defensive lineman., and linebackers.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know everybody is curious about Lance, but I don't see him starting this year so he's kind of a back burner interest for me.

What I want to see is our running game. I know PS games are basic vanilla play calls, but I want to see the individual skillsets of our Running backs. Give them all enough touches to see what we've got.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know everybody is curious about Lance, but I don't see him starting this year so he's kind of a back burner interest for me.

What I want to see is our running game. I know PS games are basic vanilla play calls, but I want to see the individual skillsets of our Running backs. Give them all enough touches to see what we've got.
But you aren't gonna see our running game tonight. It's probably the thing you will LEAST see.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it’s a pre-season game with no game planning, about 25% of the playbook used, and about 80% of the snaps taken by guys who either won’t be on the team or will not be counted on much this year, I think it’s impossible to tell much about what the 2024 team will be.

The only value in a PS game to me is evaluating a few individual players. Obviously Trey Lance, a few of the backup players and rookies in a few positions…that’s about it.