Players to Watch and Evaluate against Las Vegas

CCBoy

Reaction score
I highly doubt Overshown is playing. He has a starting job locked up and no need for him to risk anything.
The guaranteed starters for Dallas at linebacker According to the 2024 depth chart, the current linebacker unit consists of potential starters Erik Kendricks, DeMarvion Overshown, and Damone Clark.

The rest of the bunch at present, will come from: The backup linebackers are Willie Harvey Jr., Buddy Johnson, Jason Johnson, Damien Wilson, and rookie Marist Liufau, in no particular order.

The starters should be a fast and athletic group of linebackers. Behind them, the defense could use more experience, which is what Nick Vigil will bring.

shabazz

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-to-watch-players-to-evaluate-in-las-vegas

Some unexpected answers from this as to their opinions. But a few makes sense as well.

Freeman and Vaughan since both are back form their injuries.
Can the secondary get more picks like last week.

What I want to see.
Of course we all will be watching Trey Lance to see if any improvement. And if he takes some velocity off of his throws, as well, not throw them too high.
I know some want him to fail though.

Mazi, if he is ok from his allergy attack. Hopefully he can play.
Will Phillips get in some snaps for only being here a few days. Did he get in any practices. If so it would have been one on Thursday.
New CB Booth, he should get some snaps.

I will only be able to watch the game or most of it, no sound. Recording it to listen to the Cowboys announcers tomorrow.
Have something I must do tonight, been planned 6 months ago.
I would say corps as well as individual players to see how they are selling.

OL, LB, DTs, WRs and RBs

All 5 are questionable until they aren't.

quickccc

Reaction score
OFFENSE
-QB Lance

-OL- Guyton Beebe, Asim (at LT) Bass, Walesko at RT
- WR Cropper, Flournoy, both WR Jalens, Billy Johnson

- TEs Stephens, Ford, Schoon, Fant
- RB - if Duece is set to play (Malik Davis ? ...Yaawn)
-FB Hunter Lupeke (really only FB on roster)

DEFENSE
DL - Breeland, Feheko, Rogers, Chauncey, ( don't expect J. Phillips, Mazi or Lawson to play )
LB Marist, Harvey, ( dont expect D-Mo Overshown to play per hip nor clark per knees)
DB Carson, M.Bell, Scott, J.Thomas. Izzy, Booth, J Woods,

RodeoJake

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-to-watch-players-to-evaluate-in-las-vegas

Some unexpected answers from this as to their opinions. But a few makes sense as well.

Freeman and Vaughan since both are back form their injuries.
Can the secondary get more picks like last week.

What I want to see.
Of course we all will be watching Trey Lance to see if any improvement. And if he takes some velocity off of his throws, as well, not throw them too high.
I know some want him to fail though.

Mazi, if he is ok from his allergy attack. Hopefully he can play.
Will Phillips get in some snaps for only being here a few days. Did he get in any practices. If so it would have been one on Thursday.
New CB Booth, he should get some snaps.

I will only be able to watch the game or most of it, no sound. Recording it to listen to the Cowboys announcers tomorrow.
Have something I must do tonight, been planned 6 months ago.
Should see improvement from Lance. I really hope that's the case.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't make dumb comments about starters playing in the preseason especially after the Chiefs lost one last week.
You mentioned the Vikings QB getting hurt and insinuated that it was dumb to play him.

So you'd not play your rookie QB in the preseason because you're scared?

Playing scared is for losers.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would like to watch the run defense and the run game on offense, with some Lance passing. Play Lance 3 quarters if you have to. See if he shows improvement from last week.