Players we were interested in mobile?

cboyd

Reaction score
so far these are the people that I can come up with that we have been interested in so far, and if you have any more people that you know of that we have been interested in please feel free to respond.

Manny Lawson, Mark Anderson, Gabe Watson, Anthony Smith, K.Wimbley

ddh33

Reaction score
I didn't know Dallas showed interest in Anderson or Smith. I would have assumed they knew about Smith with the Syracuse ties. Anderson isn't really a surprise either since he seems perfect for the 3-4.

dwmyers

Reaction score
One of the problems in analyzing who Dallas wants by people they talk to in public is that doesn't indicate anything more than wanting to know more about a player.

It seems that watching who Dallas brings into Valley Ranch for an interview/workout post-combine has been a better indicator of serious interest.

David.

:starspin

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
One of the problems in analyzing who Dallas wants by people they talk to in public is that doesn't indicate anything more than wanting to know more about a player.

It seems that watching who Dallas brings into Valley Ranch for an interview/workout post-combine has been a better indicator of serious interest.

David.

:starspin
Not necessarily.
Dallas didnt bring in Ware, Spears, or Burnett to the Ranch last year.
But they did talk at length with Ware and Spears at the Senior Bowl. Also Petitti.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33 said:
I didn't know Dallas showed interest in Anderson or Smith. I would have assumed they knew about Smith with the Syracuse ties. Anderson isn't really a surprise either since he seems perfect for the 3-4.

A. Smith is an INT machine. If we landed him I'd be very happy.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Last year Dallas spent lots of time with Ware/Spears. I put a lot more weight into this interest than VR visits.

Tnew was not brought in to Valley Ranch - at that point they were all set with him. Visits appear to be guys they truly want to see more of. Also deflect who they are REALLY interested in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the play of McNeil in the senior bowl.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Not necessarily.
Dallas didnt bring in Ware, Spears, or Burnett to the Ranch last year.
But they did talk at length with Ware and Spears at the Senior Bowl. Also Petitti.

It seems like the guys we bring in to the Ranch are guys we are interested in later in the draft. But it has been that the players we take in the first and second round haven't been brought in to Dallas prior to the draft.