players you really want to see wearing the star?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
players that aren't necessarily stars, many may not know about, and won't go very high, but players you want Dallas to draft on the 2nd Day, late, ok, I'll go 1st...

TCU SS Stephen Hodge -- backup SS or a backup at WILB, could even take over Burnett's nickel role as a rookie, will automatically start on special teams

Boston College OLB Robert Francois -- unheralded LB from BC's great LB corp, big, strong, tough, great athlete

Norfolk State CB Don Carey -- turned down a chance to go to Yale because it was cost-prohibitive, big and fast with great recovery speed

Georgia Tech CB Jahi Word-Daniels -- physical, fluid man-cover corner, was once highly thought of before injuries robbed his Senior season

Iowa OG Seth Olsen -- versatile, All-Big10 lineman, strong and nasty as a blocker with adequate lateral quickness

Northwestern DT John Gill -- don't know why this guy is ranked so low (33rd DT), I think he's the perfect 3-4 DE: big, strong, quick, averaged 47 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks last, 2 years

West Virginia OG Greg Isdaner -- big, nasty drive blocker, very smart player and technician

Oregon State SS Al Afalava -- fast, explosive in-the-box safety with nice coverage skills, good for a Ds whose safeties are interchangeable

1.52 10-yard
4.47 40
40" vert
25 reps
10'05" broad-jump
4.07 shuttle
6.60 3-cone

Iowa CB Bradley Fletcher -- fast, fluid, explosive corner with great height (6'1") and long arms

Oregon DE Nick Reed -- one of the Nation's best pass-rushers with 29.5 career sacks, undersized but flashed more than expected athleticism and speed at his Pro Day (4.71 40, 4.28 short-shuttle, 6.96 3-cone), high-motor player with a variety of pass-rush moves

damn, I got a bit carried away here, but you get the idea

Woods

Reaction score
Actually, there are quite a few players I like this Draft, including

L Vasquez, D Robinson, Cody Brown, P Kruger, Jarron Gilbert, L Delmas, Darcel McBath, Fili Moala

I also like John Gill, D Scott

Plus quite a few more.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;2705046 said:
Actually, there are quite a few players I like this Draft, including

L Vasquez, D Robinson, Cody Brown, P Kruger, Jarron Gilbert, L Delmas, Darcel McBath, Fili Moala

I also like John Gill, D Scott

Plus quite a few more.

I meant like more unheralded players with lower draft grades, but those are fine too

this is kind of a introduce-players-to-everyone-else-on-the-board thread

Woods

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2705049 said:
I meant like more unheralded players with lower draft grades, but those are fine too

this is kind of a introduce-players-to-everyone-else-on-the-board thread

Ahhh . . . . ok

In that case,

D Veikune as rush LB, John Gill as 34 DE, Mitch King as a FB :laugh1: , Z Follett as ILB, I like S Hodge as a box SS and/or nickel LB, possibly Mortty Ivy as ILB in 34 (I think he would do well there), Antonio Dixon as an UDFA pick-up to play NT, Roger Allen OG, like Isdaner as well - not sure why we haven't heard more on him?

That's all I can think of so far.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sitting Bull;2705217 said:
Louis Vasquez OG Texas Tech
Sammie Stroughter WR Oregon St.
Everette Pedescleaux DL Northern Iowa
Dudley Guice WR Northwestern St. (La.)
Colt Anderson SS Montana

I like him too

Colt Anderson is really interesting:

4.53 40
1.53 10yard
36 1/2" vert
10'03" broadjump
4.19 short-shuttle
6.85 3-cone
15 reps

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
OT Lydon Mertha Nebraska
DE Everette Pedescleauz Northern Iowa
SS Al Afalava Oregon St
WR Marko Mitchell Nevada
WR Dudley Guice Northwestern St

and my favorite

OLB Robert Francois Boston College

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
WR Quan Cosby Texas
WR Johnny Knox Abilene Christian
TE Davon Drew East Carolina
OT Lyndon Murtha Nebraska
OG Duke Robinson Oklahoma
C Eric Wood Louisville
OL TJ Lang Eastern Michigan

DE Jarron Gilbert
DT Sammie Lee Hill Stillman
DT Roy Miller Texas
OLB Lawrence Sidbury Richmond
LB Jason Williams
OLB Henry Melton Texas
ILB/SS Spencer Adkins the U
CB/S Sean Smith Utah
CB Brice McCain Utah
CB Mark Parson Ohio
FS Darcel McBath Texas Tech

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2705241 said:

i didnt read the entire first thread.....so i have some big names on there...

what did you think of the Spencer Adkins pick?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2705223 said:
I like him too

Colt Anderson is really interesting:

4.53 40
1.53 10yard
36 1/2" vert
10'03" broadjump
4.19 short-shuttle
6.85 3-cone
15 reps

what is his size?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2705266 said:
i didnt read the entire first thread.....so i have some big names on there...

what did you think of the Spencer Adkins pick?

seems to be the total package, explosive, faster than most of the backs in the draft that he's as big as/weighs more than

could be another option to replace Burnett's nickel role

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Nice. Especially liked Hodge, Carey and Afalava.

My favorite value guys:

KR/DB/Slot Receiver Ladarius, Webb Nicholls State - 5'10 180 4.35- small guy, but versatile (can play corner or safety), tough (loves to hit) & lightning quick ; Not to mention he is a threat to go all the way every time he has the ball

DL Sammie Lee Smith, Stillman - 6'4 230 5.15
Raw, but huge and athletic for his size. Varying comments about his work ethic and coachability, but he dominated & produced consistently like he was supposed to even if against lower competition; Amazing upside, only needs a patient coaching staff; Love the fact that he pulled a guy from a burning building

LB Jason Williams, Northern Illinois - 6'1 241 4.46
No longer under the radar, his 40 times changed all that. But in addition to his speed, he is a playmaker_his 14 FF fumbles attest to that (not to mention his ability in coverage AND knack to rush the passer)

FB Marcus Mailei, Weber State - 6'0 250 4.84
His 40 times are not indicative of his burst, or his wiggle, very effective short yardage runner, who also has very soft hands; But his claim to fame is his love of burying LBs into the turf_very nasty run blocker who can easily gets to the second level, very good in space

DL John Faletoese, Cal Davis - 6'2 290 4.89
Undersized and underrated, but he has overperformed every year, gaining almost every D3 accolade. Great hand fighter, very active, good technique, very nice burst off the line, not to mention nasty; High character / high work ethic guy as well

KR/DB/Slot Returner Ryan Mouton, Hawaii - 5'9 180 4.47
Plays tougher than his size, playmaking threat wherever he plays. If he was 3 inches taller, he would be a shoe in to get drafted, on the first day

RB/Slot Receiver Mike Goodson, Texas A&M - 6'0 208 4.43
Blistering speed w/great body control and very good hands, undersized RB w/lots of experience lined up in the slot; Playmaker; Not touted due to his immaturity & poor team attitude; If he gets his head on straight, could be huge for the team who takes a chance

I also love the nastiness & production of Zack Follett and Mitch King (falling due to lack of size/speed), the leadership & smarts of Paul Kruger (older & slow 40), the hustle & physicality of David Veikune (played in Hawaii) and the steadiness of Pat Chung (downgraded b/c he is so good at so many things, but not spectacular enough for some).

But all those guys are pretty well known to many.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2705345 said:
FB Marcus Mailei, Weber State - 6'0 250 4.84
His 40 times are not indicative of his burst, or his wiggle, very effective short yardage runner, who also has very soft hands; But his claim to fame is his love of burying LBs into the turf_very nasty run blocker who can easily gets to the second level, very good in space

good list
what do you think of BC LB/FB Brian Toal? he sounds like a more explosive/athletic Oliver Hoyte

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
BAT;2705345 said:
I also love the nastiness & production of Zack Follett and Mitch King (falling due to lack of size/speed), the leadership & smarts of Paul Kruger (older & slow 40), the hustle & physicality of David Veikune (played in Hawaii) and the steadiness of Pat Chung (downgraded b/c he is so good at so many things, but not spectacular enough for some).

One of each, please.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
the CBs I like in this draft are all late round prospects

Brice McCain - Utah (late 5 - early 7)
H - 5'9
W -189
40 - 4.33
225 - 12
Vert - 36.5

Mark Parson - Ohio (4-5)
H - 5'9
W - 186
40 - 4.57
225 - 12
Vert - 38

Wopamo Osaisai - Stanford (7-UDFA)
H - 5'10
W - 197

Bradley Fletcher looks very intriguing as well, as does Afalava

another CB prospect, one that could be moved to safety, is Morgan Trent of Michigan...6'1, 193, 4.53 forty, 23 reps, 38" vert