Playoff aspirations not so bad after all

Coy

Reaction score
The difference with the falcons is that we´ve played 2 more games in the conference (cowboys 6-4, Falcons 5-3), that is why they are ahead of us right now.
Let´s just say we lose to the steelers on Sunday, if the falcons lose to the Saints as well we pass them as the 6th spot in the NFC, it all comes down to conference games against the Falcons and I think we are in a good spot right now, they still have got to play at NO, vs TB and at Minn.
Looking at this the most important games of our season are vs. Giants and at the Eagles, although of course it would be good to win at least 3 of our last 4.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Coy;2455545 said:
The difference with the falcons is that we´ve played 2 more games in the conference (cowboys 6-4, Falcons 5-3), that is why they are ahead of us right now.
Let´s just say we lose to the steelers on Sunday, if the falcons lose to the Saints as well we pass them as the 6th spot in the NFC, it all comes down to conference games against the Falcons and I think we are in a good spot right now, they still have got to play at NO, vs TB and at Minn.
Looking at this the most important games of our season are vs. Giants and at the Eagles, although of course it would be good to win at least 3 of our last 4.

I believe Minny will be losing both of their DTs(Kevin and Pat Williams) to a 4 game suspension this week b/c of violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Considering they're a run first team, you can chalk up a W for this game.

The Saints are a bad football team-who knows, they could very well find a way to lose next week.

It looks to me like 11-5 may not be a guarantee in the NFC this year.

Coy

Reaction score
Boysboy;2455566 said:
I believe Minny will be losing both of their DTs(Kevin and Pat Williams) to a 4 game suspension this week b/c of violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Considering they're a run first team, you can chalk up a W for this game.

The Saints are a bad football team-who knows, they could very well find a way to lose next week.

It looks to me like 11-5 may not be a guarantee in the NFC this year.

If we finish 11-5 I can guarantee you we make the playoffs, take it for what it´s worth. :laugh2: :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
:horse: but I do understand everyone's preoccupation with this. Last year we were locked up in the playoffs. This year it's not certain. All we gotta do is win. And we're good enough to win them all. All they need to do is not beat themselves and play for 60 mins.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Every week there will 4 or 5 games that impact the NFC wild card race.

If we get even 1 positive outcome other than our own games per week we will be sitting with the 5th seed in a few weeks.

In short, week 1 there are all sorts of possibilities but teams in fact do lose games. These guys are not all going undefeated especially since they play each other a fair amount. And they also have a lot of NFC games left so the record against the conference will change weekly as far as tie breakers go.

Very hard to ignore this stuff but best bet is to not get to worked up by it.

If Dallas wins out they are fine. Lose 1 game and they still have a very strong shot. Lose 2 or more and they don't deserve to go and will probably not.

Next week Tampa plays at Carolina and Atlanta plays at New Orleans.
There will be 2 more NFC South losses guaranteed. The Eagles get to face the Giants. The Commanders are at Baltimore.

We aren't moving up any higher than 5th seed so it's not like we need to move up a slot each week. We just need to keep winning and let the chips fall where they may.

A 5th or 6th seed isn't all bad as we saw last year for the Giants. A team on a roll can benefit from not having a bye week. Minny and/or Arizona are not that scary at home.

Coy

Reaction score
jterrell;2455874 said:
Every week there will 4 or 5 games that impact the NFC wild card race.

If we get even 1 positive outcome other than our own games per week we will be sitting with the 5th seed in a few weeks.

In short, week 1 there are all sorts of possibilities but teams in fact do lose games. These guys are not all going undefeated especially since they play each other a fair amount. And they also have a lot of NFC games left so the record against the conference will change weekly as far as tie breakers go.

Very hard to ignore this stuff but best bet is to not get to worked up by it.

If Dallas wins out they are fine. Lose 1 game and they still have a very strong shot. Lose 2 or more and they don't deserve to go and will probably not.

Next week Tampa plays at Carolina and Atlanta plays at New Orleans.
There will be 2 more NFC South losses guaranteed. The Eagles get to face the Giants. The Commanders are at Baltimore.

We aren't moving up any higher than 5th seed so it's not like we need to move up a slot each week. We just need to keep winning and let the chips fall where they may.

A 5th or 6th seed isn't all bad as we saw last year for the Giants. A team on a roll can benefit from not having a bye week. Minny and/or Arizona are not that scary at home.

Good POST

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Jaws thinks we will move past Atlanta and get into the playoffs.

Coy

Reaction score
Rampage;2456104 said:
Jaws thinks we will move past Atlanta and get into the playoffs.

Did he just say that?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Coy;2456110 said:
Did he just say that?
he said it earlier on PTI when they asked him about the current wildcard situation. DC will probably post it later.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2456111 said:
he said it earlier on PTI when they asked him about the current wildcard situation. DC will probably post it later.

What did he say about the Eagles?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2456116 said:
What did he say about the Eagles?
don't count them out. they just asked Steve Young and Emmitt who will win the NFC wildcards and they said

Steve: Bucs and Cowboys

Emmitt: Falcons and Commanders:eek:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Falcons have it easier and so do Skins. Emmitt must think we're going roll up.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2456392 said:
Commanders have easy schedule after this week.
True but that @ San Fran game will not be easy for them. San Fran has improved under Singletary and they would love to play the spoiler.

alancdc

Reaction score
The Saints really need to beat the Falcons this week. The Falcons finish up at home against the RAMS. Our old buddy Norve didn't do us any favors on Sunday. How does SD lost at home to Atlanta in a must win situation. PATHETIC.

Smith22

Reaction score
The Skins? I guess it could happen IF they win this week, but if they fall to the Ravens, I think they are a longshot at best.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I'm confident we win 3 of 4 and make the playoffs.

Question is do we want the #5 or #6 seed?

#5 in all likelyhood heads to Min. #6 goes to Arizona.

I know the odds are against it, but I've been speculating for some time that both the NFC North and South champs would host wildcard games and lose.

I just think all the likely #5 and #6 seeds are better than Min and Arizona. Dal, Was, T.B., Atl.

I like the #5 seed path. Would feel great about going into Min and blowing their doors off.
If we did and the #6 seed also won, that would send us to the #2 seed in the divisional round to probably face Carolina. Also a feel good matchup for me.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Smith22;2457629 said:
The Skins? I guess it could happen IF they win this week, but if they fall to the Ravens, I think they are a longshot at best.

Ravens are a very good team, make no mistake. They and the Colts will get the 2 AFC WCs.