Playoff aspirations not so bad after all

Smith22

Reaction score
Boysboy;2457720 said:
Ravens are a very good team, make no mistake. They and the Colts will get the 2 AFC WCs.

Fierce defense and an average offense. They don't have a true #1 WR, and McGahee seems to be in the dog house with the coach. They run a good playaction game and stick with the run even when it doesn't produce. If you don't turn the ball over versus the Ravens, you can beat them. Also, note that the Ravens have lost to almost all the hard teams on the schedule, with 2 being blowouts (Colts, Giants) and 2 being close games (Pitt, Titans).

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2457717 said:
I'm confident we win 3 of 4 and make the playoffs.

Question is do we want the #5 or #6 seed?

#5 in all likelyhood heads to Min. #6 goes to Arizona.

I know the odds are against it, but I've been speculating for some time that both the NFC North and South champs would host wildcard games and lose.

I just think all the likely #5 and #6 seeds are better than Min and Arizona. Dal, Was, T.B., Atl.

I like the #5 seed path. Would feel great about going into Min and blowing their doors off.

If we did and the #6 seed also won, that would send us to the #2 seed in the divisional round to probably face Carolina. Also a feel good matchup for me.

Interesting discussion....I like any path if we make playoffs...and I agree the last two wildcard teams will be a tough matchup. I am not as confident about making the playoffs as you are -- not guaranteed even if we win 3 of last 4. And it may come down to beating the Giants to get in to the playoffs, and you know they do not want us in the playoffs...they will do anything to keep up out.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
alancdc;2457619 said:
The Saints really need to beat the Falcons this week. The Falcons finish up at home against the RAMS. Our old buddy Norve didn't do us any favors on Sunday. How does SD lost at home to Atlanta in a must win situation. PATHETIC.

Add our old buddy Sean Payton to that list also...how does Jeff Garcia go 9/23 in passing, and the Bucs still win?

The Falcons were turning the ball over like crazy, and they still won. :banghead: