Playoff clenching scenarios for this weeks games

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are the details for Dallas to clench a spot.

• DALLAS can clinch a playoff berth with:
    1. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB loss or tie + DET win or tie + LAR loss or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)
    2. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB loss or tie + DET win or tie + NO loss or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)
    3. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB tie + DET win or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mmm I thought all we needed was a win and a Rams loss/Seattle loss as that would mean neither could be ahead of us in wins and we have head to head on both

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mmm I thought all we needed was a win and a Rams loss/Seattle loss as that would mean neither could be ahead of us in wins and we have head to head on both
We have the head to head on those teams. However there is another set of tie breaker rules for 3 teams or more tied. Not just two teams tied.

Common games and conference games come into play. And eliminates teams to get back to the head to head games.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We have the head to head on those teams. However there is another set of tie breaker rules for 3 teams or more tied. Not just two teams tied.

Common games and conference games come into play. And eliminates teams to get back to the head to head games.
I know that much but I thought the first was division for the division teams to knock one out, Rams have that on Seattle, we have it on Rams

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
MM once said 10 wins is when you start thinking playoffs.........

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know that much but I thought the first was division for the division teams to knock one out, Rams have that on Seattle, we have it on Rams
Yes to determine division winner. But for WC division wins are not in play.
Head to Head for two teams.
For 3 way tie or more, common games then conference.

vicjagger

Reaction score

1. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB loss or tie + DET win or tie + LAR loss or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)
    2. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB loss or tie + DET win or tie + NO loss or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)
    3. DAL win + MIN loss or tie + GB loss or tie + SEA loss + TB tie + DET win or tie (as long as GB and MIN both don't tie)
Dang! Flow chart or spreadsheet? I can't decide...

pancakeman

Reaction score
We already have a 99%+ chance of making the playoffs; I'm not gonna get too hung up on the complications of clinching. In fact if we lose out the odds of making the playoffs are still 85%!

JustChip

Reaction score

Will this be on a test? Will it be open book?