Playoff clenching scenarios for this weeks games

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol. This whole season has been a clenching scenario. The playoff clinching scenarios are great.

JustChip

Reaction score
closed book, closed internet, no calculators. :laugh:
Oh, no cell phones either.

Old school class.
Kids today would be in trouble. The tools they get to use are unbelievable. My grandson gets to use algebraic graphing calculators and web sites. My nephew used OpenAI to write an essay and the teacher knew and said it was ok.

I paid $400 for an HP35 calculator in 1973 because I I was taking a power transmission class and it did polar/rectangular conversion. I couldn’t use it in class, but it sped up homework.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We want eagles to lose once to Giants ,truly a miracle is needed
Seattle will be fighting for their playoff lives week 15. Philly has to go on the road. They could lose that game.

Also— the HC in AZ knows the Philly personnel well. He has the Cards playing scrappy all year long. It would be an upset for sure, but if Philly lets them hang around in that game— you never know lol

Gotta take care of our business Sunday to even care about where the next Philly L might come from though lol

JustChip

Reaction score
Seattle will be fighting for their playoff lives week 15. Philly has to go on the road. They could lose that game.

Also— the HC in AZ knows the Philly personnel well. He has the Cards playing scrappy all year long. It would be an upset for sure, but if Philly lets them hang around in that game— you never know lol

Gotta take care of our business Sunday to even care about where the next Philly L might come from though lol
The last paragraph says it all. Losing to Philly would essentially make the rest of the regular season moot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kids today would be in trouble. The tools they get to use are unbelievable. My grandson gets to use algebraic graphing calculators and web sites. My nephew used OpenAI to write an essay and the teacher knew and said it was ok.

I paid $400 for an HP35 calculator in 1973 because I I was taking a power transmission class and it did polar/rectangular conversion. I couldn’t use it in class, but it sped up homework.
Our math / physics professor in college, through all of our Algebra to Trig, to physics and calculus classes.

At first he had us look up any trig values in a book. The 1st class, or up to half way through. Then he allowed us to use calculators on our tests. This was 1976. He even allowed scientific calculator with the trig values in them. I had a TI-30, forget what it cost, like $60 maybe. My mom bought it for me as a gift fro entering college.

He designed his tests, so the calculators did not matter. His philosophy was know how to solve the problems. He did not care if you memorized then formulas. As he said, if you were out in the field, you would have guides and books and calculators anyway. So he allowed open book tests.

So his test were 4 or 5 problems. However you had to solve 4 or 5 other things within that problem to get to the final answer. It worked well.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dallas, Philly, SF have playoff clinching scenarios.
No AFC team has any for this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/
All I care about is the Cowboys continuing to win. The date they "clinch" a playoff spot is irrelevant to me. The are obviously going to be in the playoffs for the 3rd straight season - something that no other coaches besides Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry can claim for the Cowboys. McCarthy joins their ranks this season.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

yep, all possible etc… unfortunately we need help , we cant control our destiny. When eaggles playing crappy teams we need to play Bills / Miami on road.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right, lose to Philly, we are fighting for the 5th seed at that point.
The whole month of December is important...no matter the final place arriving at. Three games when in the dances.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Our math / physics professor in college, through all of our Algebra to Trig, to physics and calculus classes.

At first he had us look up any trig values in a book. The 1st class, or up to half way through. Then he allowed us to use calculators on our tests. This was 1976. He even allowed scientific calculator with the trig values in them. I had a TI-30, forget what it cost, like $60 maybe. My mom bought it for me as a gift fro entering college.

He designed his tests, so the calculators did not matter. His philosophy was know how to solve the problems. He did not care if you memorized then formulas. As he said, if you were out in the field, you would have guides and books and calculators anyway. So he allowed open book tests.

So his test were 4 or 5 problems. However you had to solve 4 or 5 other things within that problem to get to the final answer. It worked well.
Advanced calculus at the Academy one only had to know the correct formula for calculations of problem. They wanted you to show all of your work, although.

When majoring in poly sci at A&I, I took a course on election surveys and it took a whole room sized computer to analyze imputed data.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If the 10-2 Philadelphia Eagles beat the 9-3 Cowboys, that practically clinches the NFC East. The Eagles would have a two-game lead and the tiebreaker based on a season sweep. It would also keep the Eagles a game ahead of the 49ers for the very important race to get the No. 1 seed and bye in the NFC.

Everything is up for grabs atop of the NFC if the Cowboys win.

If Dallas wins, the NFC East would be tied with four games to go. The Eagles still wouldn’t be in as bad of shape for the division as you’d think. Dallas has the much tougher remaining schedule, though Philadelphia still has tricky games too.

The Eagles are also in good shape with the tiebreaker if they lose Sunday and then both teams win out after that. The first tiebreaker is head-to-head, and they’d split that. Second is record in division games and third is record in common games, and they’d split those as well. The fourth tiebreaker is conference games. The Eagles have one conference loss (two if they lose Sunday) and the Cowboys have three. The Cowboys need the Eagles to get to four losses to win the division.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ike-mccarthy-brandon-aubrey-shaquille-leonard

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, this is why Dallas must win, then win out. Eagles then lose to Seattle, in Seattle. Who will be fighting for a WC spot.

Eagles after that have 3 very winnable games. Cardinals play games tough. Maybe they can go into Philly and upset them. If the Jets can do it, so can a Murray led Cards team.
NYG, can they get a win....:lmao:

It will still be very hard for Dallas to win the division. Somewhere Philly needs to lose to us, plus another game.

JustChip

Reaction score

I started in ‘71 and used a slide rule and a CRC Standard Math Tables book. I couldn’t use the CRC for tests depending on the class since it had formulas. We were expected to know the formulas in the math classes, but the engineering profs were ok with it. I worked full time and went to school at night. The night profs were adjuncts from business and they were generally more accommodating.

blueblood70

Reaction score
these posts are just giant headaches the scenarios are ridiculous.. when it happens we will know..... just beat the eagles that's all i care about....