Playoff game is where the all in came from?

Blitzen

Reaction score
"Dak's got his year. Contract. Let's focus right here. We all have a lot on the line for that playoff game," Jones added.

This quote is from the presser earlier. So this sounds like a play it out season from what I can tell. Play the year out and prove the GB game was just a fluke? Prove it season from the sounds of things.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is, they can play great in the regular season.
Come playoff time, this team just can't get it done.

Rather Dak plays bad or not up to his regular season play. But that could be more like playing better teams, as to beating teams with better records. But many QB's are the same.
Also the defense laid one of the biggest eggs in playoff history, or recent history.

I still want him to play out this season. Then go from there.

Bagman

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing ANY PLAYER OR COACH asking for MORE money after watching and rewatching that GB playoff game. One of the most pathetic, heartless, uninspired and softest efforts given on a football field I've ever seen from this franchise. No one in that lockeroom should be talking RAISE in contract talks.

stiletto

Reaction score
I've been saying it. Jerry looked so defeated in that playoff game. He was steaming and it broke him. I think he HATES these players. Especially the guys thinking they deserve Super Bowl winning money. He's done.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing ANY PLAYER OR COACH asking for MORE money after watching and rewatching that GB playoff game. One of the most pathetic, heartless, uninspired and softest efforts given on a football field I've ever seen from this franchise. No one in that lockeroom should be talking RAISE in contract talks.
Amen! No player has any right to tell the fans to move on and to be a fan or don't be a fan after that embarrassing lost... Put your money where your mouth is and show us you can win a damn playoff game at home before asking to be paid TOP TIER money when all 3 wanting to get paid did squat.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign CeeDee and let everyone else play out their contracts. Then go into the offseason in 2025. And they can pretty much do what they want.

However, if they can't come to terms with CeeDee would anyone be opposed to trading him. As that will show us Jerry is ready to make a real change with no contract extensions.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Sign CeeDee and let everyone else play out their contracts. Then go into the offseason in 2025. And they can pretty much do what they want.

However, if they can't come to terms with CeeDee would anyone be opposed to trading him. As that will show us Jerry is ready to make a real change with no contract extensions.
I'd trade him for Dline players. That itself will fix a lot of our problems.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Dak's got his year. Contract. Let's focus right here. We all have a lot on the line for that playoff game," Jones added.

This quote is from the presser earlier. So this sounds like a play it out season from what I can tell. Play the year out and prove the GB game was just a fluke? Prove it season from the sounds of things.
to me it sounds like the last Dak contract negotiation...but of course I'm more focused on the 28 year problem not the latest player name holding the GM back...was he not telling this same player to "Prove it" a couple of years ago? "betting on myself" comes to mind...

phildadon86

Reaction score

The only REAL change Jerry could make that would prove he cares about actually winning would be stepping down, removing his son, and hiring a GM, and someone with football knowledge to hire their own staff, draft their own QB, and bring accountablity back to this franchise.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The only REAL change Jerry could make that would prove he cares about actually winning would be stepping down, removing his son, and hiring a GM, and someone with football knowledge to hire their own staff, draft their own QB, and bring accountablity back to this franchise.
this..... everything else is just rearranging the deck chairs....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is, they can play great in the regular season.
Come playoff time, this team just can't get it done.

Rather Dak plays bad or not up to his regular season play. But that could be more like playing better teams, as to beating teams with better records. But many QB's are the same.
Also the defense laid one of the biggest eggs in playoff history, or recent history.

I still want him to play out this season. Then go from there.
It's not just playoffs, every difficult game Regular or post seasons he CHOKES, all it takes is pressure. Last year they tweaked the offense enough to make defenses guess, but it's over, you cannot get any simpler, CeeDees ability to break open early and our TEs speed and cutting ability give Dak early targets with lots of RAC.
when Dak has ample time in the pocket and horrible coverage he looks unbeatable, but even then, he'll make 5-6 good throws then one sails on him. Lord help us when he feels pressure, he's like a box of chocolates......

Jerry and many football people have seen enough. Dak has made enough bank, time to move on. No sense hording him all to ourselves.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I saw this writing on the wall after his comments from playoff game combined with the trade for Lance earlier in the year. Someone informally got in Jerry’s ear and said these players need to prove it and he listened. My guess is Jimmy.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The only REAL change Jerry could make that would prove he cares about actually winning would be stepping down, removing his son, and hiring a GM, and someone with football knowledge to hire their own staff, draft their own QB, and bring accountability back to this franchise.
Been preaching that for years. Unfortunately, we all know there's a better chance of palm trees growing in Antarctica. Or Lloyd Christmas and Mary Swanson having a love child together.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If after 8 seasons with this guy as your starting QB, you are still “ambiguous“ about what to do with his contract, you’ve already lost. You’ve actually already made a decision. If you don’t have full confidence in a guy, you should trade him. Dak has made it crystal clear he would agree to a trade if it’s the right team.

If an organization isn’t sure about someone, one game, maybe even one season shouldn’t change that. This is really, really bad NFL management.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If after 8 seasons with this guy as your starting QB, you are still “ambiguous“ about what to do with his contract, you’ve already lost. You’ve actually already made a decision. If you don’t have full confidence in a guy, you should trade him. Dak has made it crystal clear he would agree to a trade if it’s the right team.

If an organization isn’t sure about someone, one game, maybe even one season shouldn’t change that. This is really, really bad NFL management.
There is no other way to see it! This FO has created this problem no matter if you like the player or not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It’s moronic. It’s been 8 years. Whether you like him or not we are past proving it. This is cap boys doing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I saw this writing on the wall after his comments from playoff game combined with the trade for Lance earlier in the year. Someone informally got in Jerry’s ear and said these players need to prove it and he listened. My guess is Jimmy.
If he’s listening to Jimmy in 2024….we are doomed.